Spirit Nerf numbers revealed

The magic number is 40%. (Source)

Pre 3.1: 1 spirit yields 1 MP5 OOFSR @1293 int
    Post 3.1: 1 spirit yields 0.6 MP5 OOFSR @1293 int

Meditation has been increased from 30% to 50%. You will see no change in the FSR.

Pre 3.1: 1 spirit yields 0.3 MP5 IFSR @1293 int
    Post 3.1: 1 spirit yields 0.3 MP5 IFSR @1293 int

Basically:

• Discipline priests still won't run oom after the nerf thanks to Rapture. I don't think that will last. Expect other healers to complain after 3.1 goes live.
    • Druids are getting heavily nerfed. As usual. Then again, noone has ever seen a druid with less than a full manabar, it might be justified. Most druids will likely pick up the glyph of innervate and pretend this never happened.
    • Holypriests will be hit by the same nerf as druids, but have no good way of compensating by a simple reglyph. Holypriests need 40% more OOFSR time compared to now. If you can spam fheal for 4 min straight without pause, you can still do that after this nerf; no change. But if you can't, you will need to slow down.
    • Darkmoon Card: Blue Dragon is still the best trinket for manaregen, but no longer by a monumental margin.
    • Clearcasting will be changed to an equivalent boost in manaregen. This will make holypriests more stable healers. Good change, IMO, but definitively stylebreaking - holypriests are supposed to be the FSR dancers, and now we're told to not do that. Expect confusion and outcries.
    • Replenishment is not getting touched. Maybe later.
    • No news on Hymn of Hopelessness.

I'm sure there are more implications, but gotta think more about this. This nerf is either a very big deal, or hardly notable depending on your gear level, specc and style.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Re: Spirit Nerf numbers revealed

see, this is why i've remained faithful to discipline all these years. i knew one day i'd be the FotM, i just knew it.

Saying a druid hasn't gone oom is funny look at their manabar after a 3 minute arena game, or at the middle of sapphiron.

It's a slight nerf to Improved Spirit Tap too, but it probably won't matter much (especially if Shadowfiend really gets improved).

Quote Originally Posted by Ahven
    Saying a druid hasn't gone oom is funny look at their manabar after a 3 minute arena game, or at the middle of sapphiron.

soo... 2 fights? look at every other healer in those fights and others. Our druid healer doesn't use their innervate on any fights but sapp.

Quote Originally Posted by mennoknight

soo... 2 fights? look at every other healer in those fights and others. Our druid healer doesn't use their innervate on any fights but sapp.
    Yes they do - on Arcane Mages *scnr*

If fights are longer in Ulduar than they have been in T7 content, then mana conservation in the coming patch can not be judged based on current boss encounters. Just because certain classes have no mana problems now doesn't mean they won't when Ulduar comes out. But who knows? Maybe the fights won't be that much longer or will be less healing intensive, where mana conservation is no more of a concern than it is now.

We are in the Kara gear of Wrath.
    Content is a joke

Stop the QQ.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Barthilas&n=Strykie

Actually, that is what is bothering me.

I have the gear now, a mix of T7/10 and T7/25-equivalents. As holy, I can spam single target heals pretty much nonstop as long as I use all available cooldowns, have replenishment, and aren't horribly unlucky with crit procs. Sure, I can still run OOM if I don't watch out, but I can spend 100% time inside the FSR and still last pretty much forever. Meaning this nerf will not affect me in the slightest. I join the ranks of discipline priests and paladins here.

But for every priest not there already, this nerf is devastating, as OOFSR regen is basically the only way to get even with the paladins and even shamans. Newsflash: Priests are horribly manainefficient healers. We don't have a cheap-ass heal like FoL. We don't have a major manamaker like Divine Plea. We don't have a mana-restorative ability like manatide totem (which admittedly often isn't enough). For heroic geared healers, the holy priest can run OOM two times before the shaman gets into trouble. We have bigass heals and throw them around when things get into trouble. We don't spam well, but we have very good burst.

We are built around the OOFSR regen. Take that away, and priests are basically oom-bots. The reason for going holy is very moot when discipline is just that much better.

The amount of time required to regenerate OOFSR mana was just increased by 40%. This made all non-maxed geared holypriest healers 40% less reliable. It didn't solve the "problem" of priests 'never' running oom when properly geared, but it made the climb to get there a lot steeper.

If the solution to the mana problem again is to tag behind paladins (they're getting nerfed, not a problem, won't run oom anyway) or druids (also nerfed, not a problem - innervate still rocks) and pretend to be a useful reliable healer until you get to entry T8 levels, then something is absolutely wrong.

The problem isn't OOFSR regen. It never was a problem. You don't rely on OOFSR regen, it simply mitigates the only real downside of the holypirest. OOFSR regen never saved a raid. The problem is replenishment being too good, and shamans having too little innate regen.

Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]