Poll: Assuming Maximum gear and Maximum skill, what class can dish out the highest dps (pve) as of patch 3

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Highest DPS Class [Poll Inside]

Quote Originally Posted by Xelaeno
    i'm think of rerolling a dps class. please specify the spec with the class you chose. thanks
    tbh u shouldnt bother who has max dps, dps isnt important (relativly), its the class u play, ofc if u roll a pure dps then u should either go for maximize or help out ur raid with buffs, but hybrids dont have as much dps as others, im a boomkin :P, but it still contribute the raid, with improved moonkin aura and such and such...

btw i think mages got the highest

from my experience:

Boss fight ( not patch )

Spriest
    hunter
    ele shammy
    DK ( me )
    Fury war
    Lock
    Mage

Thats an average rating on most bosses. It varies slight, theres times when I hit #1, or the fury war, ele shammy does.
    This is in 25man btw.

In 10man, its usually hunter, me, ele shammy. The 3 of us are close and switch positions each fight. Theres no Spriest with us, I'd guess he would be #1 still, or close to it at least.

If you want to roll a dps, just go with what you think is more fun. I personally would choose a lock. Just seems fun, iuno..

In terms of the warlocks, look at how much of the damage is provided by a doomguard for any given fight. It's only really going to be up for 2 boss tries every hour at the most, and as such you can't go by WWS alone. A little common sense is needed.

But yeah, locks are fun to play. Nice complicated DoTs to manage ^.^

~ Raya

Quote Originally Posted by Systema Sephirothicum
    TG warr once got enough gear(hitcap,38-40%crit,4k+ap) with dual betrayer is one of the top 2,hitting over 6k dps on single target(on pw there are wws with warrs on 7k w/o getting any special buff such as hysteria).The second is arcane mage,which can go up to 7k dps for a few seconds.on loatheb i get around 7-7.5k dps as TG and i know that this is not close to the best.if your warr suck(i see best dps on lolatheb being below 5k..)thats another story.If you wish to evaluate ur dps,dont show trash mob dps ,but total bossfights
    clearly sux while not being top dps when doing spore loser achivement. Maybe look why he has so low dps before you start judging people as*hole

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Decapitation
    clearly sux while not being top dps when doing spore loser achivement. Maybe look why he has so low dps before you start judging people as*hole
    I have to admit i hadnt seen he has not taken fungal creep on that fight,nonetheless,if u think calling me an as$hole makes u much better to me judging ppl,think again or grow up,at least my point is not valid because I didnt check anything apart the dps and due to having seen guild with that kind of dps WITH spore i assumed that it was the total dps and not spore loser.SO,I apologize to that warr.Also,dear decap,the main point was refering to the lock,not the warr,and i dont understand why u got all pissed.

What puzzles me is why people look at DPS and not at the damage done. I don't give a crap if someone can spike up to 50k dps if they still finish low down on overall damage done for the fight. It is the guy who does the most damage between the pull and the boss dying that you want, not the guy who can spike really high dps but overall isn't doing as much damage.

sorry for exaggerated reaction, I am just pissed off lately by tons of people on this fore who QQ without checking any facts just for the sake of QQing. /ontopic I do agree with your first part of post though about TG warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulver
    What puzzles me is why people look at DPS and not at the damage done. I don't give a crap if someone can spike up to 50k dps if they still finish low down on overall damage done for the fight. It is the guy who does the most damage between the pull and the boss dying that you want, not the guy who can spike really high dps but overall isn't doing as much damage.
    DPS is just total damage divided by total time-- unless they're entering the fight later or something, it's going to be a reduced measurement that's easier to compare.

It *still* depends on what classes your guild runs in their 25mans.

Innervate/Mana Tide Totem will make arcane mages just spam AB and top the meters, Hysteria being brought by 2+ DKs and chained on a (orc) fury warrior will make him come out on top and with the current top gear ingame and none of these "special" buffs the best spec is Fireball Mage.

leaning over to mages now. ideally it would be nice to top chart without worrying too much about raid make up.

GM/Raid Leader of <Air>, Sargeras-US, Alliance
    13/13M Mythic Morning/Day-Time Raiding Guild

Now recruiting for Legion! Apply at air-guild.com

People are just stretching the good old E-peen in this thread
    Ok im new to hotkeying so im most likely doing something wrong.

I can hotkey alt to anything but the function keys. I can do alt+f1, f2, f3 but when i get to f4 it crashes my game EVERY TIME! Its annoying because I have to reset all my hotkeys cuz a game crash doesnt save them. Please fix soon!

The highest potential for DPS at the moment is fury warrior.

Death Knights, /thread...
    Basing this on 2 things..
    Doin naxx 25 guildrun, 4 of the 5 highest dps'es was DK's
    Seeing a DK in a friends guild pullin 7-8k average trough a whole naxx run :>
    I've no idea what to write here.

Who the heck voted Warrior or Mage? xD!
    Mages are stuck at 3k, same with warriors.
    Hunters go up to 4k.

Mages are stuck at 3.8k, same with warriors.
    Hunters can go up to 5.6k.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Argarock
    Death Knights, /thread...
    Basing this on 2 things..
    Doin naxx 25 guildrun, 4 of the 5 highest dps'es was DK's
    Seeing a DK in a friends guild pullin 7-8k average trough a whole naxx run :>
    8k average?is there a ss or wws on that?

Atmo any class can top the meter..alot depends on skill and also the way the fight is i.e moving or standing still, but don't forget this is the 1st Tier of the expansion and if we got 2 more to come then try to look at how certain classes scale better than others with gear..look at rogues in T4 then look at the insane dmg at T6 lvl same with dps warriors and locks. Set bonuses and armor upgrades will make wrath the same as TBC due to how classes scale where u will always see 3 classes always top instead of any class atmo.

P.S This is the big arguement BM hunters had due to the fact they would not scale aswell as others do in Uldular and higher content.

I would say it highly depends on the fight itself. Are you talking aoe trash mobs or just stand there single target dps fights?

FC - 2234-7580-4322
    Ingame - Mille
    DS name - Groggen

Oxycontin

Any class you fuggots it just depends on gear and skill

Quote Originally Posted by Zerathil
    Mages are stuck at 3k, same with warriors.
    Hunters go up to 4k.
    4k is nothing buddy

Quote Originally Posted by Oxycontin
    Any class you fuggots it just depends on gear and skill
    he states in his post that the player has best gear and great skill geeze read b4 u post