Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: is this the max i can do in case about DPS ?

well thnx a lot to the ppl who try to help
    and thnx to all the ppl who just flame......u guys just made my day
    and you guys are the reason why noone realy ask anything serious... becouse of such idiotic stuff u answer

why i ask here ? cuz i know ill do something wrong....
    why i ask here ? with the hope that some experienced ppl can give some advises
    why i ask here ? iam trying to learn
    why i ask here ? ..... no idea anymore.....

and btw, the build in my talents i have from areana junkies......
    and why i did that ? to see how it works....
    before i just was unholy totaly, and some points in blood......

and thnx to all those ppl, wo never explain something......
    and keep on flaming
    bb have fun

and dont worry, i wont bother anyone here again to ask something, i just go and read, and try to explain myself all
    @ janz and all the others thnx a lot^^
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Gorgonnash&n=Ropp

no blood conviction or vengeance....pro.
    Check out my Ret Paladin YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/VarabenGaming

#RETPRESENT

oki, i just gone to respec all my stuff, working on other items
    ill got the spec janz told me and got dual wield weapons ( 1x axe 1x sword )

but now my question about the rotation :

IT-PS-BS-BS-SS-Unholy Blight + Death Coil
    SS-SS-SS-Death Coil

i mostly found this as a rotation....erm can anyone translate the stuff in german plz ?
    i have problems to translate the skill names a lot , my english isent that good

and as u can see iam willed to try out the hints ill got here, and i try a lot

Deleted

It's a 2H spec, not dual wield. =)

No clue about german names, but IT = Icy Touch, PS = Plague Strike, SS = Scourge Strike, BS = Blood Strike

IT-PS-BS-BS-SS-Unholy Blight + Death Coil
    SS-SS-SS-Death Coil

is, translated to German:

Eisige Berührung - Seuchenstoß - Blutstoß - Blutstoß - Geißelstoß - Unheilige Verseuchung + Todesmantel
    Geißelstoß - Geißelstoß - Geißelstoß - Todesmantel
    *dumdidum*

Quote Originally Posted by Bergenia
    I can imagine what pisses a lot of people off is that "good players" spend a lot of time theorycrafting and reading up on their class i.e. on Elitist Jerks/class-specific forums, while the "bad players" run around like headless chickens and expect everyone else to do the job for them. Grow a brain and learn to read or prepare to get flamed, IMO.
    I can understand that too, and I also dislike giving people everything for free, because then they will not have understood what they are doing, but it will all just be a kind of copy and paste. So I hint at helpful forums or the like, but that attitude of instantly laughing at poeple, calling them retarded and advising them to delete their toon and then go die is something I don't understand. What fun and use is coming here to these forums, if you know beforehand that half the replies to your post inevitably will be along the lines of "l2p/l2read fucktard olooll!11!"? That is neither helpful nor fun to read.

BTT:

You saw that link I posted back there, Ropp? It's the German DK forums, there are some good stickies over there, too. >KLICK<
    *dumdidum*

yeah i already gone there to read, but the rotation here was a bit " scary to read"^^ and i wanted a translation, just to be sure^^

First of, nice job to those that are flaming OP for asking for help. I don't see a reason why you have to be a complete tard and tell OP te delete his char. I myself am a frequenty reader of EJ, on multiple classes, and I too can have quite some issues finding correct and relevant info at times. Remember, it takes more effort to be a jerk, than simply not replying to a post.

Anyhow, to the OP, there's a decent thread about dps for DK's at Elitist Jerks. It however, isn't located in the DK forum section itself - it's located in the TTT (Theory Think Tank). It also explains basic information about the DK, how the rune system exactly works, and what several talents have for an effect on it.

To save you the time of trying to find this post I mean, here is the link to it:

http://elitistjerks.com/f47/t36638-d...night_pve_dps/

To help you with your gear, there are some spreadsheets that have been created by some numbercrunchers, which can be found in the DK section aswell. If these prove to be too difficult to understand, there are secondary websites that can help you aswell - on of these websites is Lootrank. They have presets of gearlist based on item values. Basically, the higher the score is, the better the item for the given role is, whether it be tanking, healing or dps'ing.

DK dps preset: http://www.lootrank.com/wr.asp?Cla=2...j1=0&j2=0&k5=0

DK tank preset: http://www.lootrank.com/wr.asp?Cla=2...j1=0&j2=0&k5=0

One thing to be noted about the Tank preset: Some of the items, like weapons and trinkets also show dps weapons/trinkets. this is based on the dps stats of those items, based on threat for example. The weapon with the highest tank score for example, Betrayer of Humanity, is not so much a tankweapon itself, eventhough it has the highest score. You should be careful browsing the list, and inspect each item before you need/roll on the items, to make sure you actually have a true tanking item or a dps item. Don't aggrovate your guildies or pugmembers by needing on dps gear.

well thnx for the posts, realy

what i try is to read all, understand all, and to get all my stuff alone
    if i realy need help to get an item, i wont bother anyone with asking for help in game or something....
    for example... if my guild ask me , if i wanna go to a ini NH or not... i say yes or no...
    but i wont say, hey in these ini is dropping a good item for me, ill need it... can u help me....
    no no than i stay in the items i have, i dont expect that my guild equipp me, like other ppl say or think
    yes i can read.... and iam reading a lot of forums about a DK
    and trust me, in the last 4 weeks i respeced arround 25x....
    tryed a lot of weapons i have, items i have...
    and so on and on
    when i ask for help in a forum, i dont want that ppl make a decision for me
    or that some junk ppl tell me to DEL my char or something else.....
    i dont even read such postings.....
    what i read is :
    posting with an advise, an meaning based on experience a posting with some hints...and so on
    as i started wow ( me and my wife ) we joined a guild....to not play all the day alone.....
    first we just experienced a bit arround with the chars....but dont think, anyone of these guild told us something....or gave us an advise...
    the only think we could read in guild chat was :
    go to inet and google your question.....
    i had a pladin lvl 25 and asked in guild chat
    what is better to solo lvl for a paladin....
    ( before i asked, i took a look at arround 100+ paladins on my server )
    most of them was a healer most of them a tank... so i wasent able to choose what i should do... so i asked....
    and guess what ... answer : go google and learn....
    after some time i had my warrior on lvl 58 was equippt with lvl 40 items....
    yeah many will say now lol.. but at this time i just played wow for about 1 or 2 months, and belive me, noone told us something about wow
    they sayed.. if u need items go to AH and buy them....
    noone told us about some professions, or anything else....
    so we left these guild... and started a DK...we just wanted to take a look in these char....but we stucked on him, cut he was easy to play and made a lot of fun
    we leveld him up till 80, got the items we thought they would be good for us for playing in a 2 man party
    and till now it was easy and ok ( my wife is unholy frost ) and we never had any problem,
    not in pvp not in pve......
    as we joined the new guild they told us to check our dps...
    well and i sayed : well in the stats on my char screen where damage is : ( if u roll over the mouse there ) stands 470...
    and they sayed, hmm oki come we go to a hero ini and test it...
    and they put a spam stuff in chat from recount ( never knewed it before ) and there i could see 800 to 900 DPS....
    and they sayed well not enough, but not bad for the 1st ini...
    and they sayed try to get more DPS
    so i started to read ... and read... and read.. till i came here

what i read was.. more str = more power= more dps
    so i got all what is possible for me in case about str and power....
    but nothing changed...
    still same dps
    so i asked here and try the next stuff.. till i get more DPS^
    and will keep on asking for help.....

so bb till the next time^^

and thnx to all for the help here, hints, and links

Well some people "learn" games faster then others.

In this case i can understand all the flames, i also can understand the people who are wanting to help this guy out.

BUT if you played wow before, like you stated in your last reply, you should know the basics about gear/talents/rotations.
    And that is the point of most flamers here.

You need a lvl 55 char to create a DK wich means you already have a lvl 55+ char.
    If you still dont have a clue what you are doing after 55 lvl's then wow is prob not your game.

Its much more simple then it seems. All you need to do is read the text of your spells and talents and combine them.

And i think in this case you dont exactly know what every spell does and how all of your talents work.
    Since you had prob the worst spec ever to begin with that made people laugh.

So yea you can read alot of forums and take the advice of everyone but that wont help.

I could link you a nice/good spec to help you out but if you dont know what you are actually doing and why this spec would be good for you its no use.

It would be the same putting you into a car while you never have driven a car before and then someone on a forum tells you how to drive a car. 99% chance you will have an accident.

Bit extreme example but you know what i mean.

So figure out WHY you can do more dmg with another spec.
    Then figure out WHY you make a certain rotation.
    Then figure out what every spell/talent exacly does.

If you master these 3 points everything becomes clear how it works. These are just the basics and works for any other class.

hope it helps

You're gear needs changing so that your decked out in all dps gear.

Helm you can purchase a Spiked Titansteel helm from the AH to give you a nice boost. http://www.wowhead.com/?item=41386

Cape you can swap for an Ice Striker's Cloak also from the AH. http://www.wowhead.com/?item=43566

+8 stats on your chest till you get a better one worth +10 stats.

Grind rep with The Son's of Hodir and buy their blue plate shoulders and slap one of their epic enchants on them.

Grind to exalted with Ebon Blade and get their epic boots.

Change the green rings for something better and regem the blue ring for strength. You will benefit from talents and buffs like kings if you gem for strength instead of attack power.

Here's a small list of changes you can make to your char to start improving it. Also find yourself a better build specifically aimed at dps rather than trying to be a jack of all trades.
    [/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Templar

Cape you can swap for an Ice Striker's Cloak also from the AH. http://www.wowhead.com/?item=43566

Most of the suggestions are good except for this one. I see so many DK's running around with Ice Striker's Cloak, which is terribly itemized for us. Save some money and buy a Cloak of Bloodied Waters off the AH instead http://www.wowhead.com/?item=37647

You would be long into Naxx 25 before you ever get an actual upgrade to this BoE blue. But if you absolutely HAVE to have purplz in your back slot instead of a blue, then go ahead and waste your money. Even the aged winter cloak I have isn't much of an upgrade over that blue cloak. But I wanted to keep working towards the epic achievement, and it's i-213, and not terrible, lol...

Quote Originally Posted by biggydeen
    Well some people "learn" games faster then others.

In this case i can understand all the flames, i also can understand the people who are wanting to help this guy out.

BUT if you played wow before, like you stated in your last reply, you should know the basics about gear/talents/rotations.
    And that is the point of most flamers here.

You need a lvl 55 char to create a DK wich means you already have a lvl 55+ char.
    If you still dont have a clue what you are doing after 55 lvl's then wow is prob not your game.

Its much more simple then it seems. All you need to do is read the text of your spells and talents and combine them.

And i think in this case you dont exactly know what every spell does and how all of your talents work.
    Since you had prob the worst spec ever to begin with that made people laugh.

So yea you can read alot of forums and take the advice of everyone but that wont help.

I could link you a nice/good spec to help you out but if you dont know what you are actually doing and why this spec would be good for you its no use.

It would be the same putting you into a car while you never have driven a car before and then someone on a forum tells you how to drive a car. 99% chance you will have an accident.

Bit extreme example but you know what i mean.

So figure out WHY you can do more dmg with another spec.
    Then figure out WHY you make a certain rotation.
    Then figure out what every spell/talent exacly does.

If you master these 3 points everything becomes clear how it works. These are just the basics and works for any other class.

hope it helps

well the spec i had.... was from a DK from a US server ( i will search his linke again )
    he was verry good in case about arena and so on he was top ranked for more than just a bit with these spec and his ranking was arround ( hopefully i have it right in mind now ) 133 :2 , so almost undefated as i pmed him at arena junkies, i asked him , why espacaly these spec, and he told me, the point of these spec is to get a faster and better selfheal, in bind with vampiric blood, rune healing, and the point of killing his ghoul and the blood worms
    well in pvp it was ok for me, sure, np, but the DPS in case about raids not..

that was the point of these spec i used...

and yes i had a lvl 55 char before... but belive me....noone told me from wow wiki, where i can find stats, calculatings or stuff...( i know the side since hmm 1 week now )
    and since that iam trying to get the best out of it

and ofc..... opinions, and words from experienced players alwasy help more than if u figure out some stuff by yourself...
    i put a high meaning in words from ppl, who play much much longer than me....instead of trying arround, and make it more worse...
    its like in your job....
    u can learn by watching, doing...trying....
    but u learn more when someone explain u some smaller basic stuff, what u maybe dont even see or think about
    for example, 2 weeks a go i asked a warrior why he had a dagger in his offhand and not a weapon with a hugh dmg
    ( hugh dmg cuz off hand do less dmg, to catch the lost dmg points a bit )
    he sayed well , when i solo with elite mobs, the dagger flood up my rage faster than every other weapon....
    and peng it was clear for me.. he is right in these case...

thats whyt i mean, there is always stuff u cant figure out by yourself, cuz other ppl = other way to think^^

May I sugest getting a sigil, which is what fits in the "ranged" spot on your character page.... you should have gotten one from the starting area quests.... you haven't sold it before getting a new one have you?

One more thing - the point of a pvp-spec is to work in arena or a battleground. From what you said you rather seem to play the pve side of the game. If so, go ahead and try the spec Janz has linked on the first page of this thread. It's the unholy pve cookie cutter and works well, even if you don't have the best gear around. The stick to his rotation, improve your gear and there you go.
    *dumdidum*

Look, not trying to flame you this time, but you have to stop relying on information that people give you.

You wanted a DPS spec and asked someone that did well in Arena. Arena is compeltely different from PvE in gear, specs and playstyle. Being able to distinguish between a survivability spec and an uber DPS spec is something you should be able to do by now, but you didn't even try and think, you just saw him as someone that was doing well (at a compeltely different aspect of the game) and copied him. You say that "opinions, and words from experienced players alwasy help more than if u figure out some stuff by yourself" and that is an awful attitude to have. You should be finding things out for yourself, figuring out the way you want to play and what would be best for you. If you're unsure about something, by all means ask someone about it, but don't let random people do all the thinking for you or you'll be doomed to be a mediocre Deathknight, like the vast majority already are.

Another good example of putting too much stock in what other people think is the Warrior with the offhand dagger example. He convinced you it was right without you even thinking about it. Rage wouldn't fill up faster, just more consistently (you'll get the same rage with 2 2handers, it'd just be spiky), but he's gimping his damage and stats by using that dagger. If I was soloing elites, I'd rather use a sheild than a dagger, at least it's serving a function that way.

Anyway, try to think for yourself, read the talent and ability tooltips and figure out how to play your class. Also, as the poster above mentioned, get a sigil. What the hell happened to the one you got from the starting area? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Innor
    May I sugest getting a sigil, which is what fits in the "ranged" spot on your character page.... you should have gotten one from the starting area quests.... you haven't sold it before getting a new one have you?
    no not me sold it^^ but my child^^ no idea how she did it, but she did^^

Quote Originally Posted by Templar

Helm you can purchase a Spiked Titansteel helm from the AH to give you a nice boost. http://www.wowhead.com/?item=41386

+8 stats on your chest till you get a better one worth +10 stats.

Grind rep with The Son's of Hodir and buy their blue plate shoulders and slap one of their epic enchants on them.

Grind to exalted with Ebon Blade and get their epic boots.

Change the green rings for something better and regem the blue ring for strength. You will benefit from talents and buffs like kings if you gem for strength instead of attack power.

Here's a small list of changes you can make to your char to start improving it. Also find yourself a better build specifically aimed at dps rather than trying to be a jack of all trades.
    oki thnx a lot^^ i will try to get all, what i can get^^

sad is only, on gorgonash, the titan helmet is damn expensive... arround 1500 gold and more

epic stuff is not in AH^^
    or such expensive that u woint buy it^^ belive me^^

Another upgrade suggestion is the Vengeance Bindings- they are blacksmithing BoE bracers, that you can have crafted or buy off the AH very very reasonably. They are another BoE blue that is incredibly difficult to replace until you get into Naxx, and are better than some of the drops in there too.

Bullshifter's suggestion for cloak is better indeed. Thanks for pointing it out .

This may also be a good blood dps build for you to use.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=jfVMqI0IcbRxzAZZfM0Ibco

I left out Dancing Rune blade because I'm not sure how much use it actually is and noticed a few DK's on our realm leave it out of their build.
    [/url]