Thread: Arena fix

Arena fix

Hey guys,

I had an idea the other night about how to help us out in arena. We need a talent similar to a rogues preparation. If we had a talent that reset the cooldown of our priest abilities that would help tremendously! Have a 10 minute cool down on it and it will reset pain suppression, Psychic scream, desperate prayer, power infusion, dispertion, inner focus,shadow fiend and shadow word death. I think it would be helpful with out being overpowered. Instant fix? whaddya think?

Re: Arena fix

That is actually not bad, I imagine if they implimented it then it would only work for shadow spells though, like Cold Snap in the frost tree. It could help shadows very low representation in the arenas, but having it reset Pain Supression for example could be too powerful considering how well represented Disc is in the arena at the moment.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

15+ Year Old Account

A bit too many cooldowns to remove cd of, but otherwise not too stupid idea.

cuz pyschic scream needs a shorter CD....

Yes, it does. If you are having problems dealing with a class that has one CC on a 30 second cooldown then you must really suck.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Disc is well represented? As in - "all the priests are disc because other specs totaly suck" kind of representation?

Last I looked priests had 2.3% representation in arena, pallies had something like 28% and shamans 19%.

Good. Totaly.

Not saying that Disc is bad, but the only reason we still have a place in arena is that some prists love their class and will never reroll. And we are the only healer with mana burn. Pallies and Shamans are better at everything else. Simple.

I don't like the idea of just stealing other peoples abilities and giving them to classes that struggle... if you take that to the nth degree, everyone will be able to stealth, stun lock, heal, fear, etc etc etc .

In addition cooldowns are used to balance the strength of an ability. I dislike that rogues and hunters get the ability to reset their cooldowns, it just throws the power balance of their cooldowns out the window.

IMO remove prep and readiness from the game so the is actually a decision to use a cooldown rather than knowing they can blow them all and have them back instantly again.

Sure, make every class the same and make arena boring. OKay if thats what you wan't... YOu're already getting buffed in 3.1 and then your more than fine.

well, arenas are boring, unless ur a DK, Pally, Rogue or Hunter. Trust me it is no fun getting facerolled by these classes. Im just trying to level the playing field a bit

no one else has any thoughts on this?

I'm posting as a resto sham, I don't play a priest, and I'm talking from a arena healing PoV.

I don't know enough about your talents to say if a CD reset would be helpful, OP, whatever.

What I do see is how pallys>shams>druids>priests is the healing order in arena right now. What that says to me is you guys need much better ways to survive. I can get past a rogue team simply because my armor allows me to survive through nublock. I feel that blizz saw how tough priests were in S3/S4 and the amount of resources it took to kill them and just went overboard with the nerfs. Couple that with the amount of damage now and you guys just cannot survive.