Consecrate and Prot Pally

I had a thought and would like to get your thoughts. I know in my guild when raiding I am designated the AOE tank and sometimes it can be difficult just using consecrate when all the DPS is AOEing the hell out of the mobs. I think in lieu of certain abilities being removed and reduced why not add a talent that boosts the threat gen of Consecrate. I am not saying I have that much trouble but it would be nice to be available.

Also I was thinking since we now have a single target taunt, why not make the AOE taunt and actual AOE taunt? I find it very frustrating I need to find the 1 or two mobs attacking the mage in the back before I can taunt them.

Thoughts...

Re: Consecrate and Prot Pally

Quote Originally Posted by Jahar

Also I was thinking since we now have a single target taunt, why not make the AOE taunt and actual AOE taunt? I find it very frustrating I need to find the 1 or two mobs attacking the mage in the back before I can taunt them.

Thoughts...
    If you meant a challenging shout type taunt, I will gladly keep my 8 second CD on up to 3 targets at 30 yards versus 3 minute cd on all within 10yards. If your mage just cant wait 2 seconds to AoE and pulls more than 3 mobs onto his/herself, try to HoProt them. If you arent fast enough, just let em go.

On a side note, is anyone else bothered by the fact that a mage can actually take hits from multiple mobs and live? I remember when a mage could get looked at and fall over dead.

I had a thought and would like to get your thoughts. I know in my guild when raiding I am designated the AOE tank and sometimes it can be difficult just using consecrate when all the DPS is AOEing the hell out of the mobs. I think in lieu of certain abilities being removed and reduced why not add a talent that boosts the threat gen of Consecrate. I am not saying I have that much trouble but it would be nice to be available.
    It can't be like in BC since all tanks can AoE tanking now. Try to hit ( with HoR, SoR, etc.) different mobs while you are AoE tanking.

Quote Originally Posted by karthaege
    On a side note, is anyone else bothered by the fact that a mage can actually take hits from multiple mobs and live? I remember when a mage could get looked at and fall over dead.
    naxx25 thrash does not hit too hard.

We have already got the most imba taunt in the game, and I never get to a point that I need a challenging shout type AoE taunt. Fast reflexes, I sense a lazy side on you already :P

Quote Originally Posted by karthaege
    I think smart mages may survive with the mirror image as well, also naxx thrash does not hit hard.

Or the mage can just Iceblock.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.