plate or heavy as DK ?

hi all

just a short question where iam not sure what to think about...

for example :

a heavy armor gives me 66 agility 50 strengh and 50 stamina
    a plate gives me 20 str and 60 stamina....and ofc more armor stats

what is better ? the stats themself or the armor stats on items....
    i mean what shall i prefer ?
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Gorgonnash&n=Ropp

Deleted

Re: plate or heavy as DK ?

Armor is a stat like any other. Decide how valuable it is to you and make gear choices with consideration for it.

Don't forget to consider how much AP you gain from Bladed Armor. It's not going to be massive, but should play into the number crunching.

Outside of that, you shouldn't consider armor class for raiding in the majority of situations.

so it would be better to have a "armor set" with high stats like agility strengh and so on , instead of a low stats plate armor stuff ?

i dont think atm about the armor stats itself.....i think more about the stats like acuracy, agility,stamina,strengh and so on

cuz with plate armor mostly i can get str and stamina
    but with heavy armor stuff i get agility too with it, and sometimes more str....

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Gorgonnash&n=Ropp

By heavy are you referring to mail armor? Because I don't normally see a lot of mail peices that are very well itemized for us. Normally they waste points in intellect and stuff like that. I wouldn't be concerned if a nice leather piece or whatever drops that is a clear upgrade for you, take it, but generally, with Bladed Armor in the mix, plate is usually your best bet, given equal item levels.

Yeah, for upgrading a plate blue to a leather/mail epic i would say go for it. For example I took some mail bracers with 100 ap/32 crit and 35 agl on them over 43 str + x crit plate ones that i had.
    70 Warlock - The Scryers
    80 Hunter - Gorefiend
    80 Druid - Gorefiend
    80 Death knight - Gorefiend
    80 Shaman - Gorefiend
    80 Mage - Gorefiend

The answer you're looking for is "No". Mail armour is rarely if ever itemised with Strength, and Strength is THE primary stat for a DPS Death Knight. Strength scales off buffs, Rune of the Fallen Crusader and talents, thus having more of it is better. Wearing Mail for the AP is akin to gemming Attack Power, it serves zero purpose as a Death Knight when 1 Strength = 2 AP.

Just to further illustrate my point. Imagine if I had 1000 Strength (fully strength gemmed), and my AP on my character was 3000 unbuffed. Now imagine an identically equipped Death Knight who gemmed AP would have the same amount of AP before talents, but for example only 800 Strength (imagine if you would, for this example, that we havent taken talents like say Shadow of Death or any other that boost Strength by a percentage).

Since Rune of the Fallen Crusader gives you 30% strength when it procs, I would gain 300 Strength, which would equal 600 AP, and the other Death Knight would gain 240 Strength, which would equal 480 AP.

This calculation is also the same for Blessing of Kings, etc.

I've probably explained this quite poorly, but to sum it up in one sentence: "AP bad, Strength good!"

I hope this helps.
    -Cazic, 85 Death Knight, Draenor-EU
    -Chaosweaver, 85 Warlock, Draenor-EU