Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: retribution pvp - soc vs sob

Quote Originally Posted by Alensia
    Seal of Blood/the Martyr = suicide in PvP. DON'T use it unless you have 2+ healers guarding your ass.
    This is so wrong...

If it had a backlash of 5k or something i could understand you saying that... But 2k if it crits and 1.5k if it doesn't is not suicide
    Each time you think about giving Paladins the ability to duel wield, god kills a kitten in each of the parallel universes. Twice.

15+ Year Old Account

over a 100 minute period. glyphed soc got 51.44% proc chance.
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

You'll notice the SoC seal damage when it proccs will do about 100% weapon damage and procc 50% of the time ... While the seal from SoB does 50% but has a 100% procc chance

That's from my tests on a target dummy anyway, so the seal damage alone from both of them should be fairly even
    Each time you think about giving Paladins the ability to duel wield, god kills a kitten in each of the parallel universes. Twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Kichirou
    You'll notice the SoC seal damage when it proccs will do about 100% weapon damage and procc 50% of the time ... While the seal from SoB does 50% but has a 100% procc chance

That's from my tests on a target dummy anyway, so the seal damage alone from both of them should be fairly even
    How much haste did you have whilst testing that?
    Ok im new to hotkeying so im most likely doing something wrong.

I can hotkey alt to anything but the function keys. I can do alt+f1, f2, f3 but when i get to f4 it crashes my game EVERY TIME! Its annoying because I have to reset all my hotkeys cuz a game crash doesnt save them. Please fix soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Mutin
    How much haste did you have whilst testing that?
    Doesn't matter. Doesn't affect the proc rate of either.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamson
    Doesn't matter. Doesn't affect the proc rate of either.
    No, but it affects the total damage output. And you said that they had fairly even dps..

I can hotkey alt to anything but the function keys. I can do alt+f1, f2, f3 but when i get to f4 it crashes my game EVERY TIME! Its annoying because I have to reset all my hotkeys cuz a game crash doesnt save them. Please fix soon!

No, but it affects the total damage output. And you said that they had fairly even dps..
    No I didn't.

Seal of martyr/blood puts out far more damage.

Isn't that saying they do even damage?

Erm... I said that... And haste would increase the damage done of both of them if i'm not wrong

Erm... I said that... And haste would increase the damage done of both of them if i'm not wrong
    No, that's exactly what it wont...
    SoC has 7 PPM (8,4 glyphed) no matter how much haste you've got.

No, that's exactly what it wont...
    SoC has 7 PPM (8,4 glyphed) no matter how much haste you've got.
    With haste you're correct that its proc rate remains the same. However it will proc more often over a period of time.

The proc rate per minute only determines it's proc chance, so naturally if you swing more you get more procs.

I know, gg blizz.

I'm playing 2v2 with a druid on 2.1 rating and I'm not even using talents getting soc.. It's simply not worth it, cause if you got a druid healing it's really no problem, and it is a lot more overall dmg.

Quote Originally Posted by Aware
    I'm playing 2v2 with a druid on 2.1 rating and I'm not even using talents getting soc.. It's simply not worth it, cause if you got a druid healing it's really no problem, and it is a lot more overall dmg.
    Your only issue is that SoC is reliable damage when you need it with a stun. SoM isn't.