changing from blood to unholy in pve

Well are Guild leader doesnt want 3 blood dks so i offered to change to UH 3 questions
    mainly for raid buff as we have no balaence druid.
    we are just starting naxx this saturday

1. will i need to change my gear in a big way to make unholy work. I think i might need a new sigil from venture coins?

2.is it a hard spec to get the right dps from in raids

3.will my dps go up or down or stay the same at the moment im getting bout 1.8k-2.1k depending on group buffs and using cooldowns in hc.

thank you for your time

Re: changing from blood to unholy in pve

I've recently done the same, we have 4-5 DK's on runs, and 3 of them are Blood (4 when I was) 1 unholy and one frost. I changed just to see if my dps would increase. It did. I was doing about the same as you with blood and 34/39 DW, about 2.1 - 2.5k. Last night in OS 25, was doing about 3.2k with the 17/0/54 build. Although it doesnt have the same burst damage as blood or 32/39, it works nicely with mobs, and you still get a decent amount of burst damage. If all you plan on doing is Raiding, and already have a few Blood DKs try it out. Make sure you research hit rotations, and glyphs.

Here is my armory if you want to use this build - http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...trasza&n=Adira

Dont get too comfortable with it, as things will most likely change in 3.1

Check maxdps.com for suggestions for hit rotations. What they suggested for me really didnt work, but 20-30 minutes on a training dummy helped to make some adjustments. Hope this helps!

thanks is the only reason it will change because of ub and gargoyle switch?

Not sure what the full scope of changes will be, though I don't think Unholy will be shuffled around as much as the other two trees. Will have to wait and see.

One caution I would point out with regard to Maxdps.com, is that when using their page to research items and stuff like that, it appears that they are still using the BC 9% hit cap instead of the WotLK 8% cap. That can throw off the numbers a little bit.

Probably the best place for good info about Unholy DPS is this thread over at Elitistjerks. The first post in the thread is reasonably well updated with info found throughout the thread itself and the community in general. They also have solid threads about other aspects of DK's as well. http://elitistjerks.com/f72/t37087-u...ps_discussion/

Well the changes havent been finalized yet or anything but a big change to the Unholy tree is moving Gargoyle with Unholy Blight. Unless the devs have changed their minds, but I recall GC saying that those two talents were going to change.

Gargoyle is to get buffed..damage increase etc..but it was going to be put at the end of the Unholy tree. This may or may not impact how the 32/39 specs go.

We will get to see a bigger in depth list of changes when the PTR goes up this coming week.

thanks for all the good replys just got the new sigil from venture bay and going to respec now
    although i have been using max dps i have been watching my hit so its all ok
    but thank you for that thread it was very interesting.
    thanks again