Rogue or Holy Pal?

I've been out of the pvp scene since BC, but I'm now 100% bored of pve and am prepared to give it another shot. I have both rogue and holy paladin at 80. Which would be the better to focus on and take into arena? I'm under the impression that they're both good options. And if rogue, I know mut is the standard, but is sub viable at all? Thanks in advance.

Re: Rogue or Holy Pal?

id say rogue a few months back but they seem to be getting nerfed alot lately so have a shot with your pally get a nice skilled unholy dk and youll be in the 2k's in no time.

If mutilate gets nerfed, shadowstep will rise again.

Rogues have been OP since the day the game came out and always will be, simply because of stealth and poisons. If one spec gets nerfed, another rises up and they are just as OP.

I'd go holy pally if you want EZ mode. Go rogue if you want to have to put in some skill.

Quote Originally Posted by metsfan
    If mutilate gets nerfed, shadowstep will rise again.

Rogues have been OP since the day the game came out and always will be, simply because of stealth and poisons. If one spec gets nerfed, another rises up and they are just as OP.

I'd go holy pally if you want EZ mode. Go rogue if you want to have to put in some skill.
    That's actually pretty spot on though a little exagerated. Rogues always have been and will be a solid PVP choice though. Pallies are doing really well right now but they'll get worse as the seasons progress just because bubble will become less OP the longer the matches last. I'd go with the Rogue. Muti is decent now and if its not living up to the hype then shadow dance may be more your style. Not quite as easy to play as muti but much more survivability and can still fck people up if played well.

I vote for the rogue. You have to get resil though... you can't just live off agl avoidance anymore, rogues are actually really squishy now and tend to get focused so you have to watch for that and play defensively or else you'll just end up as another newb on the forums crying about how OP DKs are. Things have definitely changed and their play-style is much different then it was in BC and esp early S5.
    70 Warlock - The Scryers
    80 Hunter - Gorefiend
    80 Druid - Gorefiend
    80 Death knight - Gorefiend
    80 Shaman - Gorefiend
    80 Mage - Gorefiend

Rogue it is. Thanks for the advice all.

Quote Originally Posted by Rathok
    That's actually pretty spot on though a little exagerated. Rogues always have been and will be a solid PVP choice though. Pallies are doing really well right now but they'll get worse as the seasons progress just because bubble will become less OP the longer the matches last. I'd go with the Rogue. Muti is decent now and if its not living up to the hype then shadow dance may be more your style. Not quite as easy to play as muti but much more survivability and can still fck people up if played well.

I vote for the rogue. You have to get resil though... you can't just live off agl avoidance anymore, rogues are actually really squishy now and tend to get focused so you have to watch for that and play defensively or else you'll just end up as another newb on the forums crying about how OP DKs are. Things have definitely changed and their play-style is much different then it was in BC and esp early S5.
    Lol, what?