Page 1 of 3
LastLast

How do I break the 5k DPS barrier as pure Cat DPS?

I'm linking my WWS from this week's Nax25. http://wowwebstats.com/6mewbhdjzwbey?s=bosses

I gemmed/ench as best I could. I logged in my dps set for Armory: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ul&n=Archdrood

I used an AP flask, best AP food buff, best Raid comp...all I can think of is my rotation? I have read the threads on the best rotations and I keep the right bleeds up all the time and follow all the instructions.
    Maybe I need a few more upgrades to gear I admit. The B.I.S neck, chest and cloak is out there still.
    But...Is there any Feral druid pushing 5k+ dps avg on bosses in Nax out there? I would like to see what you are doing please.

Re: How do I break the 5k DPS barrier as pure Cat DPS?

You're doing really good dps as a kitty. The only way I can see you upping your damage is to regem your haste gems for str. You're way over the hit cap (which is 8%) so you can wear a different trinket. And don't stress. Again, you're doing good dps.

Haste is a pretty bad stat for cats, I wouldn't gem for that. Also I'd go for +str gems/enchants rather than agi. +str flasks and food rather than AP.

It's my personal belief that Master Shapeshifter is pretty bad, and certainly not worth investing 5 points in. Also, 5 points in Furor is not necessary. 3 or 4 is enough.

If you're using FB in your "rotation", definitely put 5 points in Feral Aggression.

Protector of the Pack only affects bear form.

I'd go with a spec like this:
    http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=0ZEGMcfrzbeR0huAoby0z

15+ Year Old Account

If you must go for yellor gems, search for str/crit instead of str/haste, I'm pretty sure they've been added. If you need a purple gem, don't go for AP/sta, go for str/sta. The benefit is marginal but Str scales with Kings. Unless you are desperate for the socket bonus anyway, ignore the colors (saved for meta gem needs) and go full strength.

A quick note: Protector of the Pack doesn't work for Cat form. If you're looking at a pure dps spec, don't take it. It's been tested, the AP bonus applies only to bears.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

Thanks for the help so far guys. I will def make those changes. I didn't know the Str Elixir is better thn the AP flask, but prob with the way it scales better with me I can see why.
    I think with some tweaks I can push my dps further.
    Also, is there a pot that I can use mid-boss fight, like some casters use the "haste one" (not good for me) that lasts x sec or am I just out of luck on this one?

Quote Originally Posted by Archdrood
    Thanks for the help so far guys. I will def make those changes. I didn't know the Str Elixir is better thn the AP flask, but prob with the way it scales better with me I can see why.
    It depends on the stats really, 1 Str is worth about 2 AP, and also take scaling into account.

Flask of Endless Rage (180 AP) is probably the best regardless, so I might have been mistaken there.

If you're using FB in your "rotation", definitely put 5 points in Feral Aggression.
    It's not worth the 5 points. Say you do 1 or 2 9k FBs to use up excess energy in boss fight, that's only 1350 to 1700 extra damage...not even a blip on the Radar. I'd rather get 4% crit in kitty and 4% extra damage in bear from Master Shapeshifter.

Also, is there a pot that I can use mid-boss fight, like some casters use the "haste one" (not good for me) that lasts x sec or am I just out of luck on this one?
    I'm not really sure of any mid-fight pots melee DPS has at their disposal anymore. I used Fire Leaf as a rogue when it had the Use bonus (can't remember for the life of me what it was), but that was a small difference at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergenia

It's my personal belief that Master Shapeshifter is pretty bad, and certainly not worth investing 5 points in. Also, 5 points in Furor is not necessary. 3 or 4 is enough.
    What do u suggest he put these 8 or so point in then? There arent really any other cat talents to get. PotP points should be moved to 1 in feral charge, 2 in feral aggression IMO. Other then that his spec if fine.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=0ZEMzsfr00eR0huAo0Eczb

2 free points in this build, you could put them in Nuturing Instinct, Feral Charge, or Feral Swiftness, it's up to you. But this build is absolutely better for max DPS than the previous one linked.

And it may have been mentioned, but since you have the one Siren's Tear gem, replace the rest of your gems with pure strength gems. The socket bonuses aren't worth it. And get the Relentless Earthsiege meta also.

The new hit cap is 263 btw, you're 36 over.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruach

2 free points in this build, you could put them in Nuturing Instinct, Feral Charge, or Feral Swiftness, it's up to you. But this build is absolutely better for max DPS than the previous one linked.
    You can't be serious..

This is the build i'd use when not resto

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=0ZxGMcfrz0eR0IuAo0Eczb

I mainly focus on shred,rip,rake, and mangle to increase the dot damage. I don't even have FB on my bar. I find it not worth using unless the boss the boss will die before Rip can finish it's duration.

Hope this helps

You can use Flame Caps mid fight to increase your dps 100-150. I use them with my hunter and I've broke 6,000+ dps pre nerf and 5,500 post nerf on Patch and average over 5,000 dps on most bosses, and these little baddies help a ton in hitting those margins. They are awesome.

And it may have been mentioned, but since you have the one Siren's Tear gem, replace the rest of your gems with pure strength gems. The socket bonuses aren't worth it. And get the Relentless Earthsiege meta also.

Why not use the talent point on attackpower, why more crit dont you get enough crit from agi gems that you stack and stack? I rather put the talent point there.
    There is no truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Odmanex
    Why not use the talent point on attackpower, why more crit dont you get enough crit from agi gems that you stack and stack? I rather put the talent point there.
    Are you talking about Protector of the Pack? That affects bear form only. And you should not be stacking agility gems, you should be stacking strength gems.

Quote Originally Posted by Shjinta
    I mainly focus on shred,rip,rake, and mangle to increase the dot damage. I don't even have FB on my bar. I find it not worth using unless the boss the boss will die before Rip can finish it's duration.
    There is no need for the OP to ever mangle. he has a feral tank in raid who can keep the mangle debuff up. Shred, and rake when the dot isnt up for your CP builders.
    -shoulders, regem for 16strength since 6stam is a worthless socket bonus
    -move the sirens tear to your blue socket in pants

Hes actually 69 over since he is alliance and most likely has a dranaei around.

I can break 5k dps as kitty, barely, but i can.
    Spec is http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=0ZEG0cfrz0eR0huAobAczb
    Which is tbh undeniably the best pure dps spec. Horrible for tanking tho.

As said ur gemming could use a little work focusing less on haste i suppose.
    I personally use the rip idol, i'm not sure how big a difference that plays, good or bad.
    when savage and rip are up and u have 5 combos use feroucious bite, u can get over 17k hits with it with this build, fb isn't just an energy dump u should aim to use it whenever rip and savage are up, it provides a ton of dps.

Quote Originally Posted by elapadrinar
    Hes actually 69 over since he is alliance and most likely has a dranaei around.
    Whoops, I always forget about that. Yeah the hit cap would be 230 for you lucky allies.

Oh sonova... I always forget about kitty swipe from Feral Instinct. The above build is much better than the one I posted.