Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Time needed for the Battlemaster tittle with a new Char!?

For some foolish reason I was thinking about getting the battlemaster tittle for my DK (Have been reading those reviews of the different BG achievements over at WOW insider), but then it suddenly hit me like a nail on the head, you have to get to exhalted with those bleeding vanila wow BG factions.

The only rep you get with these factions is what you get while fighting. This makes it probably the most time consuming tittle to get for DK's (and other newer char's).

Here's the thought that compleatly blew me away:

Getting to exhalted with the AB faction from scratch:
    You have to start from neutral (3.000) --> Friendly (6.000) --> Honored (12.000) --> revered (21.000) = you'll need a total of 42.000 reputation points

If you say that you win every single fight because you are having the uber super team to help you all the way, you still only get 100 rep per win, in other words, you need to win 420 AB fights to get to exhalted.

If you then expect the mean time of a AB fight to be roughly 30 min, then you would need to spend 210 hours fighting in the AB BG to get to exhalted!

Did I mention, this is only if you win every single fight :-\

This is just for AB, you'll need the WSG faction as well. Here the honor for winning is 105, so you'll need to win 400 WSG fights... saying 30min a fight again you are at 200 hours for WSG exhalted.

AV rep will not be a problem compared to this, you'll be able to get rep for killing, quests as well as the "goals" of AV.. you'll probably have the rep before getting your 100 wins.

So, to get to exhalted with the AB and WSG factions, you need to spend around 400 hours of fighting if you win all the way trough. You can probably go faster if you have a super sweeping premade that cuts the time to allmost nothing, but most likely this won't happen much.

Anyone else just lost the feeling that they want to go for the battlemaster tittle with their DK?

PS: Yes I know, battleground weekends... but still, try and squeeze 200+ hours into a weekend :P

Re: Time needed for the Battlemaster tittle with a new Char!?

Yes, it is hard to raise those reputations, but that is how it should be. Titles should not be gained for nothing. Some hard work behind it should be needed.

Welcome to Vanilla rep-farming ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Shwaam
    Yes, it is hard to raise those reputations, but that is how it should be. Titles should not be gained for nothing. Some hard work behind it should be needed.
    People who have that title got it way, way, waaaaaaaay back in the day when you could turn in marks for rep, and queues were instaneous due to the fact that there were only those three (and then four) battlegrounds around for people who wanted to pvp. It was no harder to get exalted with those factions and get the justicar title then it was to get exalted with sporeggar and kurenai. Okay, maybe a little lonjger then kurenai, but you really only had to queue up, click okay to enter BG instantly, faceroll for 20 minutes, repeat, and turn in marks every third time.

As it stands now, its virtually impossible to get for new toons, and I hope blizz corrects this, the way they made grey mobs still give rep, and upped rep from turn ins to make exalted status still obtainable for new toons.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

This is my warlock. I made him on Feb 14th 2008. I am currently working on Battlemaster.

WSG rep: 14183

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-a...us&n=Viceversa

It's not as hard as people make it out to be.

Jebus, all that in a year. Whats your /played on that toon? Like 280 of the last 370 days?

When i read those hours you need then it makes me sad you cant get rep with those bg medals anymore :-[ there pretty much useles now only for honor what is stil low

Quote Originally Posted by Saamen
    Welcome to Vanilla rep-farming ;D
    you could turn in BG marks for rep back in vanilla
    Quote Originally Posted by cryo85
    Because the X-53 is cooler than the Homo Steed
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium
    [Banned] For trolling.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    =======<()
    BBBBBBBBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
    You can't balance vuvuzelas.

I agree this achievement takes way too long. IMHO the rep requirement should be removed as it already grants a title by itself, but if you ask in forums those who have battlemaster (and likely played back when rep was far easier to get) will QQ and moan about how you're just lazy and should put in the work.

Seriously though, you already need 100 -wins- beyond what you got pre-achievements. Going from revered to exalted takes something like 400 if you win every match. It's stupid, battlemaster involves a lot more skill than just afk'ing a thousand of some bg for rep

15+ Year Old Account

Not everything gets handed to you for free, go earn it.

But yea the 100 win achievements are a joke compared to the exalted ones.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

yeah its hard too take that title with a new char mate.need too really focus too made it. i was allreay justicar so i didnt had trouble too do it. i was the 1rst from alliance side at Genjuros who got Battlemaster Title and i believe that not many ppl got it anyway atm. keep on trying tho 'cause its nice one xD

Quote Originally Posted by Innor
    For some foolish reason I was thinking about getting the battlemaster tittle for my DK (Have been reading those reviews of the different BG achievements over at WOW insider), but then it suddenly hit me like a nail on the head, you have to get to exhalted with those bleeding vanila wow BG factions.

The only rep you get with these factions is what you get while fighting. This makes it probably the most time consuming tittle to get for DK's (and other newer char's).

Here's the thought that compleatly blew me away:

Getting to exhalted with the AB faction from scratch:
    You have to start from neutral (3.000) --> Friendly (6.000) --> Honored (12.000) --> revered (21.000) = you'll need a total of 42.000 reputation points

If you say that you win every single fight because you are having the uber super team to help you all the way, you still only get 100 rep per win, in other words, you need to win 420 AB fights to get to exhalted.

If you then expect the mean time of a AB fight to be roughly 30 min, then you would need to spend 210 hours fighting in the AB BG to get to exhalted!

Did I mention, this is only if you win every single fight :-\

This is just for AB, you'll need the WSG faction as well. Here the honor for winning is 105, so you'll need to win 400 WSG fights... saying 30min a fight again you are at 200 hours for WSG exhalted.

AV rep will not be a problem compared to this, you'll be able to get rep for killing, quests as well as the "goals" of AV.. you'll probably have the rep before getting your 100 wins.

So, to get to exhalted with the AB and WSG factions, you need to spend around 400 hours of fighting if you win all the way trough. You can probably go faster if you have a super sweeping premade that cuts the time to allmost nothing, but most likely this won't happen much.

Anyone else just lost the feeling that they want to go for the battlemaster tittle with their DK?

PS: Yes I know, battleground weekends... but still, try and squeeze 200+ hours into a weekend :P
    I can only say: make premades with your friends / guild whatever and hope you wont face any other premades and will stil win ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Innor
    you have to get to exhalted with those bleeding vanila wow BG factions.

Getting to exhalted with the AB faction from scratch

you need to win 420 AB fights to get to exhalted

then you would need to spend 210 hours fighting in the AB BG to get to exhalted!

saying 30min a fight again you are at 200 hours for WSG exhalted

So, to get to exhalted with the AB and WSG factions
    Geostigma - Paladin - Grim Batol
    Geocloud - Rogue - Grim Batol
    Stigmatico - Warrior - Stormreaver
    Geostygma - Warlock - Stormreaver

Guys, you all seem to forget 1 very important thing.

Concentrated efforts : http://www.wowhead.com/?quest=8371

Gives 300 rep with WSG 500 with AV and 150 with AB.

So if you win always, you do 4 bg, get your rep for winning and on top of that get a bonus of :

900 rep with wsg.
    1500 rep with AV.
    450 rep with AB.

So it ain't as ridiculous as you made it seem at all. AB is still a pain though ...

Sorry to burst your bubble, but unfortunately you'll only get the rep reward once from that quest atleast.
    Geostigma - Paladin - Grim Batol
    Geocloud - Rogue - Grim Batol
    Stigmatico - Warrior - Stormreaver
    Geostygma - Warlock - Stormreaver

Quote Originally Posted by sTigmatico
    So my eyes werent the only ones bleeding

You seem to be forgetting some very significant points when it comes to reputation grinding with the battleground factions:

1. In AB, you get ten reputation for every 150 or 200 resources your team gains.

2. In WSG, you get 75 reputation for every flag your team caputures.

3. In AV, you get reputation for being close when an enemy dies, destroying bunkers/towers, handing in armor scraps, soldier blood and meat, as well as killing Balinda/Galvangar. Depending on what is done, the amount of reputation gained varies.

4. Battleground holiday weekends!

Yes, it's true that handing in marks back in vanilla made this somewhat easier, but take the points mentioned above into your calculations, and you'll soon realize that the amount of reputation gained from a win is quite a bit higher than the 100 you get for the actual win itself.

I grinded AB to exalted, and simply put, it wasn't an easy thing, and it wasn't the least bit enjoyable. Especially as alliance, my team often consists of fucktards.
    For example male night elf hunters with "Elf" in their name, or male draenei death knights with "death" in their name.

499 Arathi Basin Battles
    236 victories
    1500+ deaths
    10,000+ HKs
    4000+ killing blows
    10 rep per 200 resources(non-holiday)
    In total it took a bit over a month of "hardcore" battlegrounds(nothing but battlegrounds all day long, no exceptions ever.).

I haven't started seriously with WSG, but my own guess is that it'll take a ton more time, since playing alliance when we lose we usually lose bad(0 flag caps, 1 flag cap, etc), resulting in 0-25-50 rep for 30 minutes spent.
    The system could do with some improvements, but it should in no case become something everybody has, since the title itself shows great devotion to battlegrounds and non-arena PVP.

Good luck to you who are after it, death knights = gtfo.

someone don't know how to spell exalted,
    been playing my druid for 3 years, exalted with AV, reverd with AB and honored with wsg :<

15+ Year Old Account

im almost reavered defilers and im 8k rep away form exaulted WSG.

god, and to think I did this in a few months back in vanilla pvp grind :-X

i qiah blizz would bring back the x3 bg mark turn ins for specific bg rep + minor honor again or give us +75-250 rep for the classic 3 when we turn in the current 4 marks.