Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: How do you kill a mage ??

no, the SILENCE is 2 seconds. the counterspell is 8 seconds, it only buggers you palies that long.

also you have to catch someone casting for the counterspell to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Supernovà
    Retard you just epic failed

"Counterspell
    9% of base mana 30 yd range
    Instant cast 24 sec cooldown
    Counters the enemy's spellcast, preventing any spell from that school of magic from being cast for 8 sec. Generates a high amount of threat."

not sure if that includes it being improved counter spell but if not it would be 10 seconds

"Your Counterspell also silences the target for 2 sec."
    Its 4 seconds with 2/2 in imp counter spell ty.
    Global warming in Azeroth is serious business. They have melted and seek to flood the world! The Ice Stone has melted!- Kisirani (Blizzard Epic Realm Error "Love is in the Air" Event 2009)

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon

1His burst as frost requires time to set up. And your invunerability is better than his. You can still attack, interrupt him from casting, move and heal yourself. He can just stand there. Also, fake heal to try and draw a counterspell. It is on a 24 minute cooldown and his only spell interrupt, so if you can manage to get it wasted on a fake cast then you can heal yourself.
    You can keep dreaming that blizzard will make counter spell a 24 minute cooldown but it will only remain in your dreams and maybe a private server that hates mages.
    Global warming in Azeroth is serious business. They have melted and seek to flood the world! The Ice Stone has melted!- Kisirani (Blizzard Epic Realm Error "Love is in the Air" Event 2009)

Quote Originally Posted by coolcatchris
    8 seconds? really? maybe go read some mage spell tooltips. the longest silence in the game is 5 seconds, and it belongs to priests.
    The person was refering to the fact the paly would not be able to cast any holy spells hence heals and I dont think palys have any other spell type but holy spells are uncastable for 8 seconds. And if they go 2/2 into imp counterspell than you are silenced from all spell casting for 4 seconds. Which with a properly laid nova is at least 1 or 2 shatters depending on if thier pet is out or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Supernovà
    Retard you just epic failed

"Counterspell
    9% of base mana 30 yd range
    Instant cast 24 sec cooldown
    Counters the enemy's spellcast, preventing any spell from that school of magic from being cast for 8 sec. Generates a high amount of threat."

not sure if that includes it being improved counter spell but if not it would be 10 seconds

"Your Counterspell also silences the target for 2 sec."
    Lol, fail, go PVP some more, it closes out the entire holy spell tree for 8 seconds if he interrupts your Holy Light in which he'll murder you in those 8 seconds you can't heal.

Or instead of holy light you could bandage during his Iceblock. Or potion. Or instant FoL.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamson
    Who the hell uses blessing of freedom against a mage early in the fight?

l2cleansespam
    Only time I use BOF is when I have Deep Freeze on.

Want to know a trick? Don't let him use Invisibility. If he is frost, he will not have the instant invis...which means you can hit him with your Hand of Reckoning .

WoW PvP always has and always will be very, very imbalanced. If you want to have fun in PvP and kill overpowered classes, than use an overpowered class. If you want to play a PvP game that is balanced and you are able to pick whatever reflects your play style and still do effectively, based on skill, than don't play WoW's PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Hardthrust
    WoW PvP always has and always will be very, very imbalanced. If you want to have fun in PvP and kill overpowered classes, than use an overpowered class. If you want to play a PvP game that is balanced and you are able to pick whatever reflects your play style and still do effectively, based on skill, than don't play WoW's PvP.
    I disagree although Pvp imbalance in this game is present with a little luck and class can kill someone. I'm not saying your gonna faceroll every person you lay eyes on since that's people's mentality when they Pvp and that's just not gonna happen.

Your average Retri Paladin against your average Mage tends to be a pretty good match-up I find (I play frost, not arcane).

One thing I have found is that it can be INCREDIBLY hard to get Hand of Freedom once you have it up, if we get it 1st/2nd cast we're lucky. Usually it's Blessing of X, Art of War, *Random other class buff*, heck I think I might have even stolen replenishment earlier (not sure, icon looked like it, may be wrong). If it comes to using HoF, rip into the Mage as hard as you can, he'll be /facepalming at Spellsteal probably.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Hardthrust
    WoW pvp is in fact very balanced. It's just not balanced around 1vs1, which blizzard has stated many times.
    Ok im new to hotkeying so im most likely doing something wrong.

I can hotkey alt to anything but the function keys. I can do alt+f1, f2, f3 but when i get to f4 it crashes my game EVERY TIME! Its annoying because I have to reset all my hotkeys cuz a game crash doesnt save them. Please fix soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Mutin
    WoW pvp is in fact very balanced. It's just not balanced around 1vs1, which blizzard has stated many times.
    Well is it fair 3v1 in BGs? So why should every class be able to counter another class? Personally I like the fact each class has places to excel etc. Its not unfair its just game mechanics. If everything was equal there be no diversity and the game be boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvdatboi
    I disagree although Pvp imbalance in this game is present with a little luck and class can kill someone. I'm not saying your gonna faceroll every person you lay eyes on since that's people's mentality when they Pvp and that's just not gonna happen.
    You leveled :'(

Quote Originally Posted by icecold
    Well is it fair 3v1 in BGs? So why should every class be able to counter another class? Personally I like the fact each class has places to excel etc. Its not unfair its just game mechanics. If everything was equal there be no diversity and the game be boring.
    Are you saying that wowpvp is bad because you can end up 3vs1 in a BG? That's just poor teamwork tbh..
    Every class isn't able to counter another class.
    Skill > class and gear in wow pvp, which isn't the case in almost every other MMO.
    Ok im new to hotkeying so im most likely doing something wrong.

I can hotkey alt to anything but the function keys. I can do alt+f1, f2, f3 but when i get to f4 it crashes my game EVERY TIME! Its annoying because I have to reset all my hotkeys cuz a game crash doesnt save them. Please fix soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Mutin
    Are you saying that wowpvp is bad because you can end up 3vs1 in a BG? That's just poor teamwork tbh..
    Every class isn't able to counter another class.
    Skill > class and gear in wow pvp, which isn't the case in almost every other MMO.
    Skill does play a large factor yes. But so does class mechanics. But really you can't say one class is op over another since everyones play skill and equipment in game and irl takes in some factor as well. I don't feel there is anything directly OP sometimes just annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Steady
    Your average Retri Paladin against your average Mage tends to be a pretty good match-up I find (I play frost, not arcane).

One thing I have found is that it can be INCREDIBLY hard to get Hand of Freedom once you have it up, if we get it 1st/2nd cast we're lucky. Usually it's Blessing of X, Art of War, *Random other class buff*, heck I think I might have even stolen replenishment earlier (not sure, icon looked like it, may be wrong). If it comes to using HoF, rip into the Mage as hard as you can, he'll be /facepalming at Spellsteal probably.
    ^ this.
    And if you ar stuborn and keep on spellstealing, you´ll probobly get the Freedom when it has like 1 sec duriation left.
    Yes, you did steal replenishment, so have i.
    And other retridins use sacred shield just after they use Freedom making spellstealing it a living hell.
    *Frost*

People talk of pvp like you actually have the luxuary of thinking. You don't you either know what to do and you win or you don't and you lose, I like winning. I have practice with lots of mages like I have done with rogue etc. Here is usually how my fights go:

Mage see me from a distance starts to cast
    I get a warning I start running towards him (If I am way too far, I run the other way to find cover, then heal, mount go get him)
    His spell hits me and slow effect on, (automatic HoF)
    I am near enough for a HoJ + immediate Judgement + the heal I get from crit proc
    If he is very fast he will trinket the stun and steal the heal proc.
    Then I start cast Holy light for like 1 sec after 1 sec, I auto cancel the heal , if he is smart and quick he will try a counter spell and fail;D. I
    f the counter spell lands... bummer, find a quick LoS or if I start taking heavy hits, bubble at last minute (hope you have the health).
    When bubble he will start running, Repentance him before healing or he will get too far and might sheep you
    Hopefull he already used trinket on stun.
    Once back at full hp, drop the hammer (judgement) on him, use the heal and pop your HoF immediate, he is going to either nova or blink.

If he steals you HoF, don't fret spam cleanse (Spellsteal is a 5min CD, HoF is 25 secs untalented).

Key things:
    Use Frost aura (regardless, frost most dangerous kind of mage)
    Use Judgement of Justice (yea I said JoJ)
    Don't be afraid to spam HoF he can only steal ONE spell ONCE in 5 mins.
    Cleanse like crazy, he will try to kite you, your goal is to get to him.
    Spam HoJ, spam Repentance (he only has one trinket).
    Heal and use heal to set trap. Once you see counter spell go off and fail, you have the green light to heal to your heart's content.
    The trick is to get him to use, trinket + spell steal + counterspell before you actually heal, once he blows those three, game over... Save your trinket for if he tries to poly.
    He Ice block, don't cast heal, use BANDAGE.
    In life pain is mandatory; Suffering however, is optional...
    Source: Naruto

yiptastic

Quote Originally Posted by WhisperBlades
    Want to know a trick? Don't let him use Invisibility. If he is frost, he will not have the instant invis...which means you can hit him with your Hand of Reckoning .
    that's not gonna last long for arcane.

righteous vengence and fanaticism is reduced to 3 point talents, HoJ to 2 point talent. So it basically means that most pally after 3.1 will have a DoT after crit. As long as you can keep the mage in melee range every 8 sec, it's very likely that he cant use invisibility effectively.

yiptastic

Quote Originally Posted by Steady

heh, yeah. and a lot of well spec pvp ret has talents in prot to make dispel type spells 30% harder to to accomplish its job.
    dunno why people kept saying HoF is a bad spell when used against a mage... You use it wisely, such as getting rid of deep freeze and use cleanse often, there's no way it will be an easy fight for the mage.