Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

I just don't think it's enough..

Hello, I'm a Retribution Paladin on the EU server, Quel'Thalas. Here is my armory link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...alas&cn=Vomlix
    Now, I can only push around 6000 DPS on Patchwerk style fights (actually I tested my DPS on Patchwerk) with Heroism (or Bloodlust, if you will), and I just don't feel like that's enough (in 10-man). Now, I would really appreciate some advices except from my (obviously) bad luck on gear drops. Thanks in advance.

Edit: Fixed the link

Regards, Vomlix of Quel'Thalas
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

Re: I just don't think it's enough..

Can't access it right now, but ret is a very gear dependent class. There's little skill involved in FCFS resolution on patchwerk style fights.

6k dps isn't bad on ten man, especially as Patchwerk himself goes down in a few seconds these days and ret has a very long ramp up time.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

It's actually quite enough. The absolute best DPS you can do with this spec and gear is 6400 DPS with perfect play.

See here for the results of Simulation Craft on your character:

http://pastehtml.com/view/5tsa8nw.html

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Gear:
    Switch out the gems in your belt to epic gems. One expertise gem will keep you capped, so change at least one to strength. I can't be bothered to fiddle with Rawr's gemming templates to see whether two strength or one expertise and one strength would be more DPS.

Switch your weapon enchant to Berserking.

Buy the emblem of triumph libram, that gives 200 strength on a Seal of Vengeance tick.

Switch out the Banner of Victory for a Darkmoon Card: Greatness (strength version) if you can afford it, otherwise go for the Mirror of Truth.

Talents and glyphs:
    You're missing Seals of the Pure, and you're also using the Glyph of Exorcism when you should be using the Glyph of Judgement. This kind of looks like a half and half PvE/PvP spec, though you're missing key talents in each. If you wanted to keep Vindication and Divine Purpose in Retribution, you could do something like this: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#sV0bZVZVfrtbIuGdIfsu0Gcm0.

All of those changes in Rawr boosts your estimated DPS from ~6400 to ~7300 for Patchwerk style fights, assuming you use the correct rotation. That's with the Mirror of Truth, the Darkmoon Card: Greatness adds another ~180 on top of that.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Cardolan
    Gear:
    Switch out the gems in your belt to epic gems. One expertise gem will keep you capped, so change at least one to strength. I can't be bothered to fiddle with Rawr's gemming templates to see whether two strength or one expertise and one strength would be more DPS.

Switch your weapon enchant to Berserking.

Buy the emblem of triumph libram, that gives 200 strength on a Seal of Vengeance tick.

Switch out the Banner of Victory for a Darkmoon Card: Greatness (strength version) if you can afford it, otherwise go for the Mirror of Truth.

Talents and glyphs:
    You're missing Seals of the Pure, and you're also using the Glyph of Exorcism when you should be using the Glyph of Judgement. This kind of looks like a half and half PvE/PvP spec, though you're missing key talents in each. If you wanted to keep Vindication and Divine Purpose in Retribution, you could do something like this: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#sV0bZVZVfrtbIuGdIfsu0Gcm0.

All of those changes in Rawr boosts your estimated DPS from ~6400 to ~7300 for Patchwerk style fights, assuming you use the correct rotation. That's with the Mirror of Truth, the Darkmoon Card: Greatness adds another ~180 on top of that.
    Thanks, I just realized myself that I missed out on those talents, and I have already changed it. Same with the glyph. I'm working on the MoT and the Libram. Thanks for the help.
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

10+ Year Old Account

Thanks to Shadowdream and Ektoplasme, too, of course

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...alas&cn=Vomlix

There's a real link to your armory. For some odd reason yours was going to an ftp.

And for your gear you're doing fine. Try picking up the Claymore of Marrowgar10 if you have a good trinket to replace your mark with. (Mirror would be better at that point.)