Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Ulduar! <Achievements>

Hello.

I'm just curious what some of the achievements will be and and the rewards.
    Seeing as Naxxramas and the 'entry level' content had achievements with Title's and Mount rewards I'm beginning to wonder what Blizzard will come up with for Ulduar...

What new Mounts await us, will there be new exotic mounts or will it just be another Proto in a different colour...?
    What Titles will they come up with?

Discuss.

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Ulduar! <Achievements>

Looking at what has been revealed so far the first boss will have a " 3 drakes " type achievement killing the boss with towers up etc.

They also said they would steer away from mount rewards so it will be more / better items.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

"Non Wiper" for not dying on any bosses :P
    as they can't reuse undying or immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Priestgirl09
    I wonder what will happen with "glory of the raider" etc etc.
    I think as content goes on that Achievement will just be a walk in the park.

15+ Year Old Account

Im realy excited with the achivement stuff atm.
    think about a new meta achivement when icecrown releases.
    lets say u need the following achivement to complete it.

Glory of the raider and glory of the heroic raider (not sure exact name)
    Glory of the (ulduar) and glory of the heroic (ulduar)
    glory of the (icecrown) and glory of the heroic (icecrown)

wud be a meta achivement into ''Hero of the people'' or whatever they call it.

Reward: Frost wyrm
    Now thats an achivement worthy of a frost wyrm.

/discuss
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

it's hard to say without knowing the encounters.
    beat thorim without dispelling XXXXX, etc.

there might be another DPS race achievement (there's one for patch and malygos, so why not?)

as for mounts, it's not a reskinned proto drake. maybe one of the vehicles used in the first encounter? two iron dwarves running around carrying you on a stretcher?

Achievement : PULL!!

Defeat all monster between boss X and Y 15 seconds from each other.

Achievement : Freya the Naturalist

Defeat Freya with all of the raid naked.

Blizzard makes 2 kind of Achievement, the hard one... and the retarded.

If they make a spider tank from Gnomergan as a reward... I am going to kill people.

One confirmed achievement:

I Got My Turban On!
    - Defeat Thorim with atleast two dwarf priests wearing nothing but a Turban.

Is there such a thing as too many titles &/or mounts??

Reminds me of those stories you hear about someone asking his boss for a raise and leaving the office with some long fancy title like "Supreme commanding master assistant in charge of janitorial supplies" and not a penny more on his check....lol

All people really want is challenging content that will keep them busy for a while. (AKA longer then 2 weeks after hitting 80)

P.S. Wonder if someone has written an addon to auto change between the 25 titles that i already have. Maybe have an option of different timers where your title changes every 15-30-60 minutes or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Averlexis
    "Non Wiper" for not dying on any bosses :P
    as they can't reuse undying or immortal
    They might change them to Feats of Strength and rename them to something like "Immortal/Undying Conqueror of Naxxramas".

A lot of feats really don't seem future-proofed, hopefully the next batch will be... :P

15+ Year Old Account

Only problem with that is "immortal" style achievements. The person with the most achievement points in the world has every raid achievement besides from "the immortal".

If you are a dps rogue, you have no control if your mage dies.
    i agree with u on that but handing out frost wyrms to single ppl woudnt be good enough.
    geting 25 ppl on and do everything to perfection at every boss atleast once to get the achivement makes the reward rare but stil good.
    thats what we want right? if it's very very hard to get and very few ppl got it, it increases the joy when u actualy got it.
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

tbh i was expecting this when i saw the Q chain, and now that Thorim is an official boss then there's 1 achievment i can think of for that encounter, something like "kill thorim while still keep his mount alive" (forget the name ><) "Drake-love" is what i can think up of atm for the name

Only problem with that is "immortal" style achievements. The person with the most achievement points in the world has every raid achievement besides from "the immortal".

If you are a dps rogue
    As opposed to... :P

Seriously though, I agree to an extent. Achievements should be based on around aspects of your own performance as much as possible. However raiding is a team effort and that should also be acknowledged.

I say the Ulduar meta should be called "Glory of the Titan" and "Glory of the Heroic Titan"
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I don't want to call Boubouille and wake her up for something like this.

feat of strength
    First ulduar clear in the server.
    Title reward: The Titan Forged

Even gods can Bleed

^^server first yogg-saron kill. title reward: <name> the mad(10man) or <name> the insane(25man)

15+ Year Old Account

Eventually I hope we can earn some sort of class titles from a raid..

For Ulduar i want [IronGnome]: You put on a mechagnome suit enabling you to fly through the air! (Only usuable in Outland and Northrend.

hope they don't put those do it with less ppl as its just stupid and more stupid is kicking friends off the raid to just get some stupid thing to do and its not harder it only last longer as there is +/-2 dps missing

Mhm..Imo their most natural option is that they just create a new achievement for Ulduar, with the same requirements as the ones in Naxx, but just give a different reward/title.
    Like doing Immortal naxx, or "Master of Titans" title if you do Ulduar without dying in 10 and "Old God Vanquisher" if you do Ulduar without dying.

Most probably previous achievements will not be rewritten/modified/changed, they'll just add a new set of Achievements for Ulduar.

Current achievements will be easier, but since you're still level 80, and depending how much of an ilvl difference ulduar will actually be.. The undying, etc still won't be "easy"