Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[Movie] Lumidar - Prot Pally PvP

Yup, Like Chronalis, I too have been a big fan of playing the Prot Paladin and enjoy all aspects of it including PvP.

here is a Video of how Prot Pally PvP is like and in no means am i saying it is viable for 2k arena rating (since some noob gave me 1star and comment on my 1500 rating on WCM)

We will not be fully Viable until patch 3.1 and this is just to show the Fun side of doing PvP as a Prot Pally.

involves fighting in:
    - Battle Grounds
    - 2v2 (with a DK sometimes Blood, sometimes Unholy)
    - 3v3 (with same DK and a Holy Pally)

Enjoy the Movie.

Music:
    Rank 1 - L.E.D. there be light
    Pendulum - Hold your Color
    Stevie Wonder - Higher Ground

http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=102507

Note: WCM is still in approval so no stream yet but there is a download link from FileFront: http://www.warcraftmovies.com/downlo...02507&mirror=1

Re: [Movie] Lumidar - Prot Pally PvP

Can you up this to Youtube? WCM wants to install some crazy proprietary stuff just to stream. :

Aye, link does not work. Can't seem to find it via search on WCM either. Looking forward to watching it though.
    "You hurt me long ago; my wounds bled for years. Now you are back, but I am not the same."

added the filefront link. sorry. no stream till approved.

dont people just youtube anymore? i dont mess with warcraftmovies
    - The Hunter's Creed -
    "This is my pet. There are many others like him, but this one is mine. He is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I master my life. My pet, without me, is useless. Without my pet, I am useless."

youtube has shitty quality unless it'S 720p and i can't encode with that with the old program im using.

Great video. Glad to see others that prove Prot is not as bad as allot say in Arena. I love PvPing as prot. Only way I choose to PvP on my Pally tbh.

Edit: I usually just PvP in my normal PvE tank build. But I was wondering if http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sZ0eVAczMtGIRGoEbM0bM would at all be a legit PvP prot spec. I know I am missing on the +crit talents, but I find that I crit a good amount in with out them.

you won't need Benediction come 3.1 and Judgements of the Just is more useful in PVE until 3.1

i personally don't like vindication. the only good thing it does is when it's first applied it drops there HP a bit. that's the only good thing about. reducing their str, agi, int... not really needed as you already mitigate alot of damage.

All rogues tickle me, that's why i never use my pvp trinket unless necessary.

out of pure curiosity...what mod is recording your crits...thats pretty cool

otherwise...awesome pvp

Quote Originally Posted by Lumidar
    All rogues tickle me, that's why i never use my pvp trinket unless necessary.
    I have to say out of all the melee classes out there rogues and warriors seem to do the least amount of dmg to me =/. I don't even equip my /freedom trinket most times, rather have my extra dodge/block.

Quote Originally Posted by Withoutmercy
    out of pure curiosity...what mod is recording your crits...thats pretty cool
    since i use Fubar as a bar mod, one of the add-ons for that is called TopsScores_fu

it keeps the highest numbers you have for every skill. (only problem is i haven't found a way to ignore certain targets like Thaddius, that's why i sometimes reset it and it spams my screen like in the Video)

mm.. 1400 rated button click-paladin-action. I would recommend respeccing holy and mow your way to 2000 and beyond since you don't atleast click 1-5.

Quote Originally Posted by Liness
    mm.. 1400 rated button click-paladin-action. I would recommend respeccing holy and mow your way to 2000 and beyond since you don't atleast click 1-5.
    Yeah, when I downloaded this movie I thought it could be something out of the ordinary, but when I saw the achievements "World Wide Winner" and "Just the two of us:1550" I sighed and turned the movie off.
    Quote Originally Posted by akav
    Rihanné crits your hopes and dreams for 9999999(99999overkill).
    Your hopes and dreams die.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumidar
    since i use Fubar as a bar mod, one of the add-ons for that is called TopsScores_fu

it keeps the highest numbers you have for every skill. (only problem is i haven't found a way to ignore certain targets like Thaddius, that's why i sometimes reset it and it spams my screen like in the Video)
    There used to be an option in there to ignore weak mobs, was in there to eliminate bosses like curator, I dont see why they would have gotten rid of it, so you may want to just look for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rihanné
    Yeah, when I downloaded this movie I thought it could be something out of the ordinary, but when I saw the achievements "World Wide Winner" and "Just the two of us:1550" I sighed and turned the movie off.
    Ohh noes!!! You mean he isnt at 2k rating??? I was lied to... ohh wait... "Yup, Like Chronalis, I too have been a big fan of playing the Prot Paladin and enjoy all aspects of it including PvP. Here is a Video of how Prot Pally PvP is like and in no means am i saying it is viable for 2k arena rating"

Quote Originally Posted by spitfire668
    Ohh noes!!! You mean he isnt at 2k rating??? I was lied to... ohh wait... "Yup, Like Chronalis, I too have been a big fan of playing the Prot Paladin and enjoy all aspects of it including PvP. Here is a Video of how Prot Pally PvP is like and in no means am i saying it is viable for 2k arena rating"
    Thats not my point, the point is that he has played way too few games to even know if Prot Paladin is viable in Arena, seeing as he has faced only nubs, I even saw a Warrior or DK with BoA Shoulders =)
    Quote Originally Posted by akav
    Rihanné crits your hopes and dreams for 9999999(99999overkill).
    Your hopes and dreams die.

Quote Originally Posted by Rihanné
    Thats not my point, the point is that he has played way too few games to even know if Prot Paladin is viable in Arena, seeing as he has faced only nubs, I even saw a Warrior or DK with BoA Shoulders =)
    Ok, that makes more seance. And i apologize for my original statement. Personally I can vouch for Prot being viable, currently I act as more of a distraction. But I deff hold my own. Especially vs anything Melee. A caster can usually rip me apart if i am not paying attention and especially when grouped with a priest.

I used to be prot in TBC, and enjoyed running about in BG's being almost unkillable unless it was against spell casters ;D

Cant wait for dual spec! Am Ret atm for raiding, but will be Prot when 3.1 comes

yes i have played too few games on my Paladin in Arena. I also only play him as Prot.

to the person who said "why not roll holy and mow your way to 2k rating" it's because i believe in a challenge and I play what i like to play.

the Only buttons i CLICK are the ones that have a cooldown above 30sec. everything else is keybound. So all you see me click all the time is HoJ, HoF, Avenger Shield, Trinket, Bubble and i right click my heal to selfheal after bubble. that's it.

unfortunately my 1400 rating is due to the fact that Prot Paladins have no Interrupt effect and not enough constant burst to kill a healer. Thankfully they are fixing that in 3.1 and you can expect me aiming for 1.8-2k rating.

I also like how people immediately flame a normally PvE spec on his arena rating for trying to arena. Note that the movie was for prot pally "PvP" not prot pally ARENA. it was to show that we are able to do PvP wether it be World PvP, Battleground and basic Arena. no1 said we'd be the best at it and OP.