Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: [Movie] Lumidar - Prot Pally PvP

Nice job dude.
    I live the way the rogue burns his cooldowns just to tickle you :P
    Quote Originally Posted by General_Typhus View Post
    Hi i am any class in the game. To beat me spam icelance and then talk about how skilled you are when the 20k crits roll in.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    The thing is, if he'd got to 2K rating, people would be going "lol tankadin is srs bzness" and the like, but because he's not, people are all "omg lol scrub". Can people not accept some of us do it for ya know, fun?
    Unfortunately there's always people who can't and know everything better.

Well, ignoring those is bliss.

Cool thing about playing underdog spec/class and making video about is to prove it can succeed atleast somewhat. But if you know what you're doing and have gear you can go untalented and win few games at 14xx rating. It's not surprising rogues are barely "tickling" at those ratings. Of course I'm glad you enjoy playing prot but the video didn't have much to offer atleast for me.

video finally gets approved and i get many comments on WCM insulting me. I feel the love.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumidar
    unfortunately my 1400 rating is due to the fact that Prot Paladins have no Interrupt effect and not enough constant burst to kill a healer. Thankfully they are fixing that in 3.1 and you can expect me aiming for 1.8-2k rating.
    This is not quite true. You cannot say you have "no" interrupt effect since Hammer of Justice has a three second interrupt effect built in.

I myself have also played Prot Paladin in Arena for quite a while (Since I didn't have a real partner, I just played with our Main Tank: Prot Paladin / Prot Warrior)
    We were not playing often nor did we play seriously, but 1600+ was quite easily achieveable, since Teams on this rating mostly underestimate their opponents.
    Some teams that did make me laugh for example was that Heal Paladin / Fury Warrior team. They went straight for us, attacking our warrior (Both), we went for their Paladin (He was in Bubble 1 second afterwards, since we both critted) so we changed target to the Warrior. Well, he was dead the second we attacked him (Death Wish, Recklessness, Zerker Stance, my Avenging Wrath and a 15k Shield of Righteousness Crit)

I do not quite know if both are well played together, if that team can make it far high, but as said, on lower ratings, most teams underestimate you (Heal Shaman pew-pewing at us while his warrior dies, Heal Druid dancing in bear in front of us while his Warlock dies).

PS: I haven't seen the video yet, I'll have a look at it when I'm at home.

yes i also have my racial interrupt. but it's very situational and they can start casting right after the interrupt again.

the 30sec hammer of justice is not reliable as an interrupt since it does nothing for HoTs and instant heals.

the 2 silences being added for prot skills is gonna make it harder for HoT classes to cast their HoT and instant heals.

Finally came to watch it.

Nice shot, Lumidar! As you said, "just 4 fun" - but it really seems that you had fun.

Very much liked that scene when you get charged by that warrior, and when he drops you lost something like 2-3k HP (out of your around ~28k).

Of course, this is no "I'm the uber-force in PvP" 3.5k rating movie - why should it be?

Keep on going, I really liked it and would appeciate a "Part 2"

Greetz, EzriEU

thanks but no Part 2 until 3.1

I'm still hoping we get a silence/interrupt on our Shield of Righteousness.