Resto Shaman Neck Comparison

Should I be using:
    Ceaseless Pity
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40378

or Torque of the Red Dragonflight
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=44657

I'm thinking the torque is marginally better, but I'm not sure how I would gem it.

Re: Resto Shaman Neck Comparison

i would use the Torque with +16 Int gem.

i think a lot of Healers prefer using Cosmic Lights instead of the Maly necks.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Turalyon&n=Neokarasu

Cosmic lights doesn't have mp5 which a resto shaman runs on. Only good if you swap elemental and resto a lot. If no one wants the cosmic lights, then it's a decent item to take until one with mp5 does drop.

I use the torque myself with a 16 intellect gem although I'm waiting for my turn to get the 25-man version. The socket makes the necklace better than the ceaseless pity. You can also use a luminous monarch topaz (int/sp gem) or ignore the socket and put in a runed scarlet ruby. It's unlikely that you would be replacing the torque until you get the 25-man quest reward or you get one from Ulduar.

You don't need MP5 on every piece of gear. You should reach a point where Mana isn't an issue anymore, and you can focus on other things. I push haste now. I have about 3-4 pieces that have no MP5. I run about 26,000 mana, 700+ haste, and have no problem healing all content in the game including 3 Drake Sarth.

I'll be going Cosmic Lights as soon as one drops for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormkiss
    You don't need MP5 on every piece of gear. You should reach a point where Mana isn't an issue anymore, and you can focus on other things. I push haste now. I have about 3-4 pieces that have no MP5. I run about 26,000 mana, 700+ haste, and have no problem healing all content in the game including 3 Drake Sarth.

I'll be going Cosmic Lights as soon as one drops for me.

Somehow I doubt you have 26k mana. I have roughly the same gear as you, with int gems and I have roughly 24k raid buffed.

Mp5 can become an issue if a healer dies to a void zone and he isn't able to be battle rez'd. So saying mp5 will never be an issue and get haste gear is somewhat flawed in some cases. Why do you value haste so much? Once your chain heal is down to 1.9-2.0 a cast you shouldn't be worrying so much about haste since your healing output and mana regen will be handicapped.

Quitting the fail that WoW has become when Aion comes out. No point to play hardcore when any idiot can have the same gear as you.

I'm gunna stick with my 25man malygos reward but i think that shamans currently have no mana issues in current content, the only problems arise when you ankh with low mana (which i might move 2 points to imp ankh)

i would go with whichever one gives most haste / SP / Crit, mp5 and int aren't that important imo.(atleast for now)

Cosmic lights is nice but i would leave it for dps myself (unless you have a really shitty neck)

Quote Originally Posted by Sharok
    I'm gunna stick with my 25man malygos reward but i think that shamans currently have no mana issues in current content, the only problems arise when you ankh with low mana (which i might move 2 points to imp ankh)

i would go with whichever one gives most haste / SP / Crit, mp5 and int aren't that important imo.(atleast for now)

Cosmic lights is nice but i would leave it for dps myself (unless you have a really shitty neck)
    The Caster Maly neck is BiS so it's pretty safe to say you can take Cosmic Lights without jipping people

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Turalyon&n=Neokarasu

Grunt
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by guardian_titan
    Cosmic lights doesn't have mp5 which a resto shaman runs on. Only good if you swap elemental and resto a lot. If no one wants the cosmic lights, then it's a decent item to take until one with mp5 does drop.

I use the torque myself with a 16 intellect gem although I'm waiting for my turn to get the 25-man version. The socket makes the necklace better than the ceaseless pity. You can also use a luminous monarch topaz (int/sp gem) or ignore the socket and put in a runed scarlet ruby. It's unlikely that you would be replacing the torque until you get the 25-man quest reward or you get one from Ulduar.

Explain how a resto shaman runs on mp5. I currently use 5 pieces without mp5 on them and will most likely be somewhere in the 6-7 pieces range once I pick up another piece. I can heal 10-man 3 Drake Sartharion with absolutely no mana issues. The state of the game at the moment is just plain retarded. There's no reason not to gear/gem/enchant for throughput as long as you have replenishment in the raid. Perhaps things will change with Ulduar (I hope they do).

Quote Originally Posted by brokenmirror
    Somehow I doubt you have 26k mana. I have roughly the same gear as you, with int gems and I have roughly 24k raid buffed.

Mp5 can become an issue if a healer dies to a void zone and he isn't able to be battle rez'd. So saying mp5 will never be an issue and get haste gear is somewhat flawed in some cases. Why do you value haste so much? Once your chain heal is down to 1.9-2.0 a cast you shouldn't be worrying so much about haste since your healing output and mana regen will be handicapped.

26k Mana raid buffed is very easy to obtain. If you have trouble hitting this number, there's a problem. I've used Flask of Distilled Wisdom to hit 27k. Your argument is flawed and honestly makes me believe you're a sub-par player. MP5 can be an issue if a healer dies to a void zone? Healers (or anyone else for that matter) should not be dying to void zones. That's not an issue with mp5, it's an issue with the player being an idiot.

Grunt
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Fen
    Should I be using:
    Ceaseless Pity
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40378

or Torque of the Red Dragonflight
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=44657

I'm thinking the torque is marginally better, but I'm not sure how I would gem it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malice83
    25 man maly neck isn't best in slot, it can be, depends on how you geared up.

What does your other gear look like? Have you points on stat values or have a Chardev of your final gear set?

I'll stick with my Chains of Adoration until I get the maly 25 neck.

Cosmic lights would be fine if you have no mana issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zillionhz View Post
    By fiber be purged

Quote Originally Posted by Tromp

26k Mana raid buffed is very easy to obtain. If you have trouble hitting this number, there's a problem. I've used Flask of Distilled Wisdom to hit 27k. Your argument is flawed and honestly makes me believe you're a sub-par player. MP5 can be an issue if a healer dies to a void zone? Healers (or anyone else for that matter) should not be dying to void zones. That's not an issue with mp5, it's an issue with the player being an idiot.
    Thanks, I got you to do exactly what I wanted someone to do.

Quitting the fail that WoW has become when Aion comes out. No point to play hardcore when any idiot can have the same gear as you.