Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
LastLast
  1. #61

    Re: Badges getting messed up

    Quote Originally Posted by SirLancelittle
    I understand what most people seem to be saying, that in BC it was lame that you could run simple 5 man heroics for BT gear. And I generally agree with you.

    However, one problem I have with this system is that there is no reason to run 5 mans anymore. With the exception of BoA items, I can't use a single item from EoH which means I can't earn anything but shards from 5 man heroics. This is a little sad to me:In BC, I ran 5 mans for fun on off nights but also to help gear my character (esp. my offspec).

    I would like to see a compromise; New heroics like MgT which are harder than the other heroics but as a result dropped decent gear.
    Not everybody is at your level. New people come in, and they can take this option to catch up. Not everyone who joins WoW have 4 years of experience under their belt.

  2. #62

    Re: Badges getting messed up

    Quote Originally Posted by Lleregis
    Daez...I don't see anything remotely rude in his entire post. He was making a sarcastic comment that you may actually have to spend some time learning your class and the encounter. Perhaps this issue did not lie with the other 24 asshats, but rather with the one posting?
    Thank you for your judgment. Its fun to judge others isn't it? You would be another reason people want to avoid raiding guilds. I personally do my research. I have all the end game gear lists on spread sheets (as well as pre-heroic gear, pre-raid gear, and naxx10 gear) for all of my alts (that aren't even at level 80) as well as my mains as well as my one alt that actually is 80. I also constantly read EJ and do research. I also don't stand in circles that hurt nor do I fail at left and right. I even heal the people in iceblocks without "missing" my heals. Its the people that don't do any of these things that just annoy the hell out of me. Putting up with them is "fun" to say the very least. Normally they are among the 24 people I can't stand.

  3. #63

    Re: Badges getting messed up

    Quote Originally Posted by tolkienfanman
    They should start you off with all the cannons standard.
    That is what cheat codes were for. The rest of your post simply rocked the funny.

  4. #64

    Re: Badges getting messed up

    The whole point of badge/emblem's was to make gearing up a little easier. To take away RNG a little bit.

    Having 3 classes of Emblems just makes their entire purpose mute.

    Its stupid.
    (80) - (80)
    Proud Member of the MMO-Champion Community
    - Embrace Your Inner Geek - Gameplay First - Every Voice Matters - Learn & Grow -
    - Lead Responsibly - Commit To Quality - Play Nice, Play Fair - Think Globally -

  5. #65

    Re: Badges getting messed up

    Quote Originally Posted by ArmageddonX
    The whole point of badge/emblem's was to make gearing up a little easier. To take away RNG a little bit.
    This is still being done. You just have to actual do the content that you were "getting unlucky" with drops in. The original system was much more broken then that.

    Having 3 classes of Emblems just makes their entire purpose mute.

    Its stupid.
    You made absolutely no argument. You posted why badges should work the way they are now then said they don't work that way (apparently) then said it was stupid. Please post an actual argument if you want things to change.

  6. #66

    Re: Badges getting messed up

    Quote Originally Posted by Daez
    You assume these people are scrubs just because they farmed heroics and Karazan. That is simply not always the case. Some of the players were casuals and it was easier for them to farm heroics and Karazan. Some of them simply could not put up with the 24 other asshats that seemed to exist in every guild on their server. Now the casuals have 10 man content and only have to put up with 9 other people in order to advance.
    People who have to "put up" with other players probably shouldn't be playing MMO's.

  7. #67

    Re: Badges getting messed up

    Quote Originally Posted by Daez
    You made absolutely no argument. You posted why badges should work the way they are now then said they don't work that way (apparently) then said it was stupid. Please post an actual argument if you want things to change.
    faceinpalm.jpg
    (80) - (80)
    Proud Member of the MMO-Champion Community
    - Embrace Your Inner Geek - Gameplay First - Every Voice Matters - Learn & Grow -
    - Lead Responsibly - Commit To Quality - Play Nice, Play Fair - Think Globally -

  8. #68

    Re: Badges getting messed up

    Speaking of /falm ArmageddonX your use of the word "mute" was completely wrong in your post. The word you were looking for is moot, which also would have been used wrong in that context.

    So many hero members who just post crap on this site.

    Three types of badges is good. Giving people the highest level of gear for entry level heroics was a mistake that blizzard has recognized from TBC and is thankfully correcting.

  9. #69

    Re: Badges getting messed up

    Quote Originally Posted by Daez
    You made absolutely no argument. You posted why badges should work the way they are now then said they don't work that way (apparently) then said it was stupid. Please post an actual argument if you want things to change.
    The problem is you keep refuting (without reason) any arguments put forward.

    Badges were a good way to catch up and get items that fill in some gaps. IE: grind heroics and collect an insane amount of badges till you could actually get enough gear to catch up with the content you wanted to raid in. It provided a way to get into BT when you were stuck in a kara guild.

    ATM this is not a problem. But as soon as Ulduar hits it will be. None of the top guilds will run Naxx as part of their raid routine. As they progress if you don't have the gear within the next month you WILL be left behind. if they put in place the proposed system progression for the people who have not made it will get harder and harder

    And as far as running heroics goes: in 2 months the people who are in Ulduar will stop running them. there is already little reason to do so - unless you really want a 300 badge mount or whatever. Making gold is easy and relying on other people just slows you down.

    Making tiers of Badge gear will help the hardcore raider progress. But if you take a couple of months off and miss some progression then bad luck - welcome to no progression and stuck in a back end guild running Naxx for the rest of Wrath.

  10. #70

    Re: Badges getting messed up

    Quote Originally Posted by Daez
    Thank you for your judgment. Its fun to judge others isn't it? You would be another reason people want to avoid raiding guilds. I personally do my research. I have all the end game gear lists on spread sheets (as well as pre-heroic gear, pre-raid gear, and naxx10 gear) for all of my alts (that aren't even at level 80) as well as my mains as well as my one alt that actually is 80. I also constantly read EJ and do research. I also don't stand in circles that hurt nor do I fail at left and right. I even heal the people in iceblocks without "missing" my heals. Its the people that don't do any of these things that just annoy the hell out of me. Putting up with them is "fun" to say the very least. Normally they are among the 24 people I can't stand.
    Going outside might help with these emotions.

  11. #71

    Re: Badges getting messed up

    Quote Originally Posted by Anduril
    Three types of badges is good. Giving people the highest level of gear for entry level heroics was a mistake that blizzard has recognized from TBC and is thankfully correcting.
    Enjoy running Naxx in a years time when the source of well geared recruits dry up.

  12. #72

    Re: Badges getting messed up

    Because 9 or 24 geared people can not carry a lesser geared person? Heck we have already done all of the -player acheivements without really trying.

    Just imagine the two holes in the 10 man filled with lesser geared players or the 4 holes in the 25 man filled with lesser geared players. And that is on the current content, Uldar will not be that steep of a skill hike over Naxx, OS, Maly. If you think blizzard will jump from Kara to Sunwell in difficulty level you are sadly mistaken.

    So again your argument has no logical basis.

  13. #73

    Re: Badges getting messed up

    Quote Originally Posted by mutantboy
    The problem is you keep refuting (without reason) any arguments put forward.

    Badges were a good way to catch up and get items that fill in some gaps. IE: grind heroics and collect an insane amount of badges till you could actually get enough gear to catch up with the content you wanted to raid in. It provided a way to get into BT when you were stuck in a kara guild.

    Making tiers of Badge gear will help the hardcore raider progress. But if you take a couple of months off and miss some progression then bad luck - welcome to no progression and stuck in a back end guild running Naxx for the rest of Wrath.
    Stated perfectly.
    (80) - (80)
    Proud Member of the MMO-Champion Community
    - Embrace Your Inner Geek - Gameplay First - Every Voice Matters - Learn & Grow -
    - Lead Responsibly - Commit To Quality - Play Nice, Play Fair - Think Globally -

  14. #74

    Re: Badges getting messed up

    Quote Originally Posted by Evilmoo
    i thought it was skill, it appears it's luck now )
    Help me learn how to better /roll. I Checked EJ and don't see skill in /roll.

    I have been running every 25 man every week since December. It seems I get outrolled on my T7.5 gloves and Chest. I won the T7.5 head on Kel, but since I have a better one I gave it up for a guildie. I have lost every roll on Kel's spellpower sword. So, it can be all about luck

    Unless I am such a noob and missed the skill of /roll
    "Peace is a lie"

  15. #75

    Re: Badges getting messed up

    So let me get this straight. To me there is a surprising amount of people in this thread that wish to be able to run Naxx to purchase t8 level gear.

    The problem is Naxx is t7. It has t7 level bosses and appropriately should only drop badges that will purchase t7 item level equivalent loot. What about this does not make sense? Aside from your own self serving arguments that it would make your life easier to get better loot for easier bosses what about this does not make sense?

    The people that want everything handed to them are way too vocal and are the reason this game has been nerfed into the ground just to please unskilled non dedicated players. My advice to these people is to check out the game Cake Mania. It will provide all the instant gratification you seek.

  16. #76

    Re: Badges getting messed up

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerdrage
    So let me get this straight. To me there is a surprising amount of people in this thread that wish to be able to run Naxx to purchase t8 level gear.

    The problem is Naxx is t7. It has t7 level bosses and appropriately should only drop badges that will purchase t7 item level equivalent loot. What about this does not make sense? Aside from your own self serving arguments that it would make your life easier to get better loot for easier bosses what about this does not make sense?

    The people that want everything handed to them are way too vocal and are the reason this game has been nerfed into the ground just to please unskilled non dedicated players. My advice to these people is to check out the game Cake Mania. It will provide all the instant gratification you seek.
    I guess we wait, but I thought T8 and T7.5 were same ilevel
    "Peace is a lie"

  17. #77

    Re: Badges getting messed up

    Quote Originally Posted by davesurfer
    I guess we wait, but I thought T8 and T7.5 were same ilevel
    No one knows this one way or the other. Even if they were the same item level, the itemization of those stats will be better on the T8. This has in fact been stated, so no need to speculate.

    Each level of progression should hold their own badges, and their own gear. If you are serious enough about wanting to raid, getting into the next level will not be difficult, regardless of gear.

  18. #78

    Re: Badges getting messed up

    The new badge system is awesome in every single way....

    you should NOT be getting tier 8 equivilant gear by farming heroics...

    if you really don't have time to get a guild or raid to get tier 8 gear, then maybe you dont NEED tier 8 gear in the first place.

    Granted i was happy in TBC that i could do Karazhan, a couple of heroics, and get a piece ot t6. It didn't feel like an accomplishment.

    Now, i feel like i can work on something and get what i deserve from it (even if everybody else thinks its hard) ...

    It's just a game.

  19. #79

    Re: Badges getting messed up

    Quote Originally Posted by Lleregis
    Each level of progression should hold their own badges, and their own gear. If you are serious enough about wanting to raid, getting into the next level will not be difficult, regardless of gear.
    The thing is, heroics and Naxx 10 have the same. So people could farm heroics and get 2 T7 pieces. So they already set the precident. I like the levels of emblems, just wish they had more to do with them. I have a ton of heroics, like most people here, and keep doing Naxx 10 man every week for fun. I also like that you can buy 2 T7.5 with EoV. It really helps. My luck, I got the T7.5 legs, shoulders, and head (but gave it up because I have Gothik's Cowl) from drops, but can't win a roll on the gloves and chest. Being a Mage I am rolling against 10-12 people per raid. I watched a 1 week 80 toon win the gloves yesterday. Happy for him, but sucks for me. We are a free roll guild, so I may never get the items. I run every week, never miss a raid, but still can't get the gear.

    So no I am not looking for a hand out, but when I have over 100 EoV I can't use, and still can't win a roll, I wish I could complete my T7.5 with them. BUT at least you can get 4 pieces between Hero and Valorous. Hope they keep it that way.
    "Peace is a lie"

  20. #80

    Re: Badges getting messed up

    Quote Originally Posted by mutantboy
    The problem is you keep refuting (without reason) any arguments put forward.
    No there was truly no argument in the post. The poster said that badge gear being used to fill in gear when you were unlucky with drops was a good thing. That is exactly the way it works now. Then they went on to say that it was bad that it was no longer working that way (when it still is) and then said it was stupid (which they thought because they were wrong).

    ATM this is not a problem. But as soon as Ulduar hits it will be. None of the top guilds will run Naxx as part of their raid routine. As they progress if you don't have the gear within the next month you WILL be left behind. if they put in place the proposed system progression for the people who have not made it will get harder and harder
    People have been clearing Naxx25 with pugs for the last month. The only thing people are not reliably clearing with pugs is OS 3d and Malygos. Both of those encounters drop gear that will be replaced in Uludar (more than likely) and should not actually be needed to gear up to run Uludar. Is your argument that people are suddenly going to stop puging easy content that is made trivial with Uludar gear? Explain to me why end game guilds pugged t4 for fun even before badges dropped in Karazhan and the rest of T4 content then. People like going back and revisiting old content with new gear when they are bored. It makes them feel empowered. Hell, people still run vanilla content when they are bored.

    And as far as running heroics goes: in 2 months the people who are in Ulduar will stop running them. there is already little reason to do so - unless you really want a 300 badge mount or whatever. Making gold is easy and relying on other people just slows you down.
    People run them now when they are bored or when they are helping friends. Its fun to go help your friends get gear when you can completely destroy the content. Most heroics can currently be ran by a healer a tank and a SINGLE dps. Finding 3 people to boost you through heroics isn't going to be that much harder then than it is now. People don't really want to run them now but they still do when asked to by people that they actually like. I'm willing to bet my level 80 friend didn't want to come destroy UK regular but he did because he was a friend.

    Making tiers of Badge gear will help the hardcore raider progress. But if you take a couple of months off and miss some progression then bad luck - welcome to no progression and stuck in a back end guild running Naxx for the rest of Wrath.
    You do realize it was very possible to get into end game raiding guilds in TBC (which was harder content then now) before badge gear came out right? I had a chronic rerolling habit back then and every toon I made on every server I went to got into a guild about a week after hitting 70. That was all through TBC. Its not going to suddenly change. People do old content for shits and giggles not because they need loot from it. People are more than willing to help new raiders on off days get geared in my experience. The token system isn't needed to help raiders skip entire tiers of content when its so easy to clear the content. If your argument is that Uludar will be the killer of raids on normal (EASY) mode and that anyone that comes after Uludar will just be out of luck until the next expansion then I wonder how you posses such psychic powers and you truly must be psychic because you have nothing else to base this on. Guilds in BT/MH were pugging T4 in TBC. Guilds in Naxx (original) were pugging UBRS and MC in Vanilla. You have four years of game that prove you are simply wrong yet you worry about tokens not giving newbs free loot. GG!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •