Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Badges getting messed up

ok, blizzard announced there will be new badges in uld, "Marks of Conquest" (10man) and still unknown name for 25 man, the point is, that the only place you can earn these badges will be Ulduar, a place with 14 bosses that is uhm.. 13 badges for 13 bosses and Yogg-saron giving 2 badges (as it is in Naxx) current Valor and Heroic badges will become somewhat usless as long as Ulduar hits, as there is no way you can convert lower tier badges to higher ones. So if blizzard will not add additional encounters (5 man heroics, ZA style instanses) that will drop new badges, a player will need months to gather badges for single item. dont you think its a bit long? :-\
    zug zug

what is it paladin, one zug is not enough for ya?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    lore should be voluntary to the game. not obligatory.

Deleted

Re: Badges getting messed up

the shuld never started the badges system.

Maybe they will scale the cost of items accordingly or maybe the items you can get will be that much more advance. We will just have to see

blizz confirmed in a blue post that valor is being used for ulduar 10 man and the new vault wing 10 man. conquest badges are only for 25 man ulduar and 25 man wing of new vault.

Badges were a great idea in TBC to keep people from being completely left behind, but it seems like the concept has been lost to them now.

They want to avoid crossing multiple tiers of loot with the same badge, like back in BC.

Maybe items will be cheaper like gems that cost 10 Badges of Heroism will cost 5 Conquest?

Besides, if they keep the current cost of Teir gear then it would take you 4 weeks of full clears to get enough to buy the first tier piece (15x4=60, the cost of T7.5 shoulders) I dont know about you but it took me more than 4 Naxx clears before I got my Teir shoulders (Stupid warrior ones keep dropping) Besides, most of the current badge gear is pretty rubbish compared to most drops you can get in Naxx, I only bought an off hand and trinket myself with badges.

Quote Originally Posted by saibot
    blizz confirmed in a blue post that valor is being used for ulduar 10 man and the new vault wing 10 man. conquest badges are only for 25 man ulduar and 25 man wing of new vault.
    Do you have a link to that one? Cause I must have kind of missed that.

Besides, if they keep the current cost of Teir gear then it would take you 4 weeks of full clears to get enough to buy the first tier piece (15x4=60, the cost of T7.5 shoulders)
    uhm ,there are Malygos (2 badges) Sartharion (5 badges) Voa 1 badge.
    zug zug

15+ Year Old Account

@Evil, He's talking about new badges not valor.

Also, gogo 1000 Emblems of Conquest achievement -_-

If they add even more content that drops valor badges I want some BoA valor stuff added tbh
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Evilmoo
    So if blizzard will not add additional encounters (5 man heroics, ZA style instanses) that will drop new badges, a player will need months to gather badges for single item. dont you think its a bit long? :-\
    You know, 4 years ago i nearly farmed a whole month for the 20 arcanite bars to get a single blue item, namely the Arcanite Reaper. It also took me about 7 month to complete my T1 set in Molton Core. I had much more luck in BWL and got my T2 set in about 5 month. But since time has changed. Now you get free guaranteed loot just after x downed bosses... think about it and don't complain

ulduar 10 = emblems of valor
    ulduar 25= emblems of conquest

reason? blizz dont want to have tbc all over again where some heroic farming scrub could reach almost bt quality lvl
    Quote Originally Posted by Darhaja
    bad math ur doing 1.5.... its 150% sooo 100 haste rating = 250 after the buff or 300 haste rating 150% = 750 haste dunno how u got 1.5 or 15% anywhere its giving u 150% more haste from the haste u already have why do ppl try to always complicate things.

Quote Originally Posted by Dyo
    ulduar 10 = emblems of valor
    ulduar 25= emblems of conquest

reason? blizz dont want to have tbc all over again where some heroic farming scrub could reach almost bt quality lvl
    If you're implying that it was easier for a "heroic farming scrub" to get raiding gear during TBC compared to how it is today, you are completely wrong.

It's easier today, lulz.

Quote Originally Posted by aT1C
    the shuld never started the badges system.
    completely disagree. people who aren't lucky enough to get into a raiding guild have to resort to pugs if they want gear. some people are just bad at rolling. this makes loot distribution less unfair. i love the fact that ulduar will have new badges. it will make elitists QQ a bit less, considering they already do that enough -.-
    Banned.

people who aren't lucky enough to get into a raiding guild
    i thought it was skill, it appears it's luck now )
    zug zug

Quote Originally Posted by Molobolo
    If you're implying that it was easier for a "heroic farming scrub" to get raiding gear during TBC compared to how it is today, you are completely wrong.

It's easier today, lulz.
    Because the content is puggable. When we start seeing the REAL raiding you wont see scrubs rolling around in top end gear. In BC people who war farming post-nerf kara for badges were getting the same gear as people who were farming Illidan quality wise.

where you need raiding guild ? >< just pug naxx
    for ulduar none know yet if pugs cake walk it hope not :P
    i quess badges are there if you have bad roll luck or some one allways out bidding you in dkp

Tokens (that's the common name for Badges/Emblems/Marks/etc.) is not getting messed up. The token system is perfectly fine, and you're not meant to keep farming content for tokens you have no use for.

Tokens are good since they provide a somewhat easier gearing up, and ensure a reward for the raiders for every boss, not just each 10th kill.

Iknow alot of scrubs want to get higher level gear without working for it. That won't really happend, so stop whining / argumenting / asking for it.

Quote Originally Posted by cassi
    for ulduar none know yet if pugs cake walk it hope not :P
    Agreed :P

The badges system is indeed working very well. I like the fact you can get PVP gear or BoA items for your alts etc.

Word on the street is that Ulduar won't be a noob-walk in the park. Taking a stroll around Dalaran you can see everyone and their uncle in full valorous t7. For God's sake, I have 2 alts in full valorous...

this thread

again

/facepalm