Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Badges getting messed up

Quote Originally Posted by Dyo
    reason? blizz dont want to have tbc all over again where some heroic farming scrub could reach almost bt quality lvl
    You assume these people are scrubs just because they farmed heroics and Karazan. That is simply not always the case. Some of the players were casuals and it was easier for them to farm heroics and Karazan. Some of them simply could not put up with the 24 other asshats that seemed to exist in every guild on their server. Now the casuals have 10 man content and only have to put up with 9 other people in order to advance.
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Triston
    Because the content is puggable. When we start seeing the REAL raiding you wont see scrubs rolling around in top end gear. In BC people who war farming post-nerf kara for badges were getting the same gear as people who were farming Illidan quality wise.
    As much as you would like to pretend it never happened, people were pugging BT and MH pre-nerf as well.
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by evoker
    Taking a stroll around Dalaran you can see everyone and their uncle in full valorous t7. For God's sake, I have 2 alts in full valorous...
    Full valorous is never a good idea. Valorous is simply not the best in slot for most of the items. The value of 4 set varies with each and ever class. Some people don't take full valorous because it simply isn't it worth it to them for stats that they lose. So, not everyone is in full valorous, but most people at this point are in BIS minus those BIS items that come from 2 drakes and Malygos.

Quote Originally Posted by Daez
    You assume these people are scrubs just because they farmed heroics and Karazan. That is simply not always the case. Some of the players were casuals and it was easier for them to farm heroics and Karazan. Some of them simply could not put up with the 24 other asshats that seemed to exist in every guild on their server. Now the casuals have 10 man content and only have to put up with 9 other people in order to advance.
    many people in my guild were casuals, they spent the few hours they had in game in bt or hyjal. You can be casual and farm more then entry level things, although it is a bit of luck having the specific hours open, but you can also search for a guild that raids at that time (oh no you have to take time and research O.o)

I understand what most people seem to be saying, that in BC it was lame that you could run simple 5 man heroics for BT gear. And I generally agree with you.

However, one problem I have with this system is that there is no reason to run 5 mans anymore. With the exception of BoA items, I can't use a single item from EoH which means I can't earn anything but shards from 5 man heroics. This is a little sad to me:In BC, I ran 5 mans for fun on off nights but also to help gear my character (esp. my offspec).

I would like to see a compromise; New heroics like MgT which are harder than the other heroics but as a result dropped decent gear.

Quote Originally Posted by PalliesThrowStuff

Tier 7.5 and Tier 8 operate on badges of Valor, and are all the same iLevel.

Tier 8.5 will use Conquest, and be slightly better than tier 7.5 and 8.

They will add new valor rewards, and new conquest rewards.
    None of this has actually been confirmed. It is all assumption. We assume that there will be t8 and t8.5 which might not be the case at all. T7.5 might be from Uludar as well and T8 might be only T8 and be exclusive to 25 man T8 content. There has also been no confirmation that they would or would not add new items to the EoV vendor.

Quote Originally Posted by betax
    or maybe some people have real life and cant raid 24 hours a day....maybe people who are fully geared are just no lifes....i enjoy my life...out of wow...maybe people that are hardcore raider just never been outside
    no
    http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f92/3...ng-guilds.html

Quote Originally Posted by Dyo
    ulduar 10 = emblems of valor
    ulduar 25= emblems of conquest

reason? blizz dont want to have tbc all over again where some heroic farming scrub could reach almost bt quality lvl
    That would be nice. Valor does kinda suck now. But there isn't much available for it either. Shoulders, Legs, Cloak, 1 ring, bracers, boots. Chest, Gloves, a trinket(2 for certain classes), shield/offhand, but no main hand weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by eXa
    I guess i am elitist, but i dont care. This entire thread is what you get when your handing out to much free epics. Whine whine whine.
    The funny thing is that you are whining about this thread. The funnier thing is that for years and years the people that whined loudest were the "elitists" that now want to pretend they never whined about the difficulty of content and never asked for nerfs. The people that are casual actually play this game for enjoyment and very rarely whine about anything and are happy with the gear they do get because in the end you don't need better gear unless you are doing harder content.

Quote Originally Posted by Murkilad
    2. Move on. I'm sure Age of Conan or Warhammer will welcome you with open arms.
    You sound just like GC, except he was a little more subtle about it. I honestly think he would love to tell some of these constant whiners that he doesn't make enough money to listen to them constantly bitch about the game.

As much as you would like to pretend it never happened, people were pugging BT and MH pre-nerf as well.
    BT wasnt avaliable from the start of TBC, and people werent pugging ssc\tk 2months into tbc either.

Quote Originally Posted by Lleregis
    I raid 6-7 hours a week and clear all content. This arguement is stupid.
    Not to mention it is the most over used argument ever. I just love the people that argue that them not being able to stay alive in aoe encounters has nothing to do with them not clearing end game content and that content is only cleared by people that raid 24/7 and must not have real lives. We clear all content in about 10-12 hours and that is with people that still die in void zones. The server I am on makes it hard to get a decent guild or raiders together.

Quote Originally Posted by Gande
    many people in my guild were casuals, they spent the few hours they had in game in bt or hyjal. You can be casual and farm more then entry level things, although it is a bit of luck having the specific hours open, but you can also search for a guild that raids at that time (oh no you have to take time and research O.o)
    You lost the part where they didn't want to put up with 24 other asshats. Judging from the end of your post I can see that you are one of those reasons they avoided raiding guilds. It really did come down to luck, but raiding in this game from vanilla to TBC to Wrath has always had a lot more to do with how long you can tolerate 24 other people without wanting to kill most of them before the boss does then any actual skill involved. The most tuned and most important skill in a raid is dealing with people.

Quote Originally Posted by SirLancelittle
    However, one problem I have with this system is that there is no reason to run 5 mans anymore. With the exception of BoA items, I can't use a single item from EoH which means I can't earn anything but shards from 5 man heroics. This is a little sad to me:In BC, I ran 5 mans for fun on off nights but also to help gear my character (esp. my offspec).
    Assuming you shard everything and crystal the last item, it is easier to make a good amount of gold running heroics than it is grinding dailies. Powning heroics is done for gold now. Between frozen orbs, shards, crystals and BoE Rares (and I swear an increased chance at BoE world epics) there is still plenty of reason to grind heroics.

Quote Originally Posted by eXa
    BT wasnt avaliable from the start of TBC, and people werent pugging ssc\tk 2months into tbc either.
    Never said they were. I said it was puggable. Some people want to assume it wasn't puggable. People were pugging Karazhan and Grull's with in the first 2 months on some servers and those are only real dungeons that were equivalent to Naxx/OS/VoA. Most people were not pugging Mag and most people are not pugging Malygos now either.

You lost the part where they didn't want to put up with 24 other asshats. Judging from the end of your post I can see that you are one of those reasons they avoided raiding guilds. It really did come down to luck, but raiding in this game from vanilla to TBC to Wrath has always had a lot more to do with how long you can tolerate 24 other people without wanting to kill most of them before the boss does then any actual skill involved. The most tuned and most important skill in a raid is dealing with people.
    Daez...I don't see anything remotely rude in his entire post.  He was making a sarcastic comment that you may actually have to spend some time learning your class and the encounter.  Perhaps this issue did not lie with the other 24 asshats, but rather with the one posting?

Never said they were. I said it was puggable. Some people want to assume it wasn't puggable. People were pugging Karazhan and Grull's with in the first 2 months on some servers and those are only real dungeons that were equivalent to Naxx/OS/VoA. Most people were not pugging Mag and most people are not pugging Malygos now either.
    No, the same people who pugs naxx now wouldnt be able to pug ssc\tk that fast after tbc launch with the gear they would have avaliable. Yes MH\BT was puggable at the end just because people where almost overgeared and you got T6 quality gear from badges you got from heroics.
    But it still wasnt pugable at the same level as naxx is pugable right now.

Remember when you got the bubble cannon in mega man? You had to beat the bubble boss to get it. I don't think it's fair that only those with enough time to play and learn mega man got to experience that content. After all i payed the same amount for the game that they did. They should start you off with all the cannons standard.

I would like to see a compromise; New heroics like MgT which are harder than the other heroics but as a result dropped decent gear.
    MgT was only hard because of the 5-6 mob pulls which resulted in "LFM CC/DPS Hero MgT" spam.

I understand what most people seem to be saying, that in BC it was lame that you could run simple 5 man heroics for BT gear. And I generally agree with you.

Not everybody is at your level. New people come in, and they can take this option to catch up. Not everyone who joins WoW have 4 years of experience under their belt.