Thread: PvE dps, unholy

PvE dps, unholy

Hi there, I just want to ask what in the hell Im doing wrong in raids.
    I play unholy (17/0/54 without desecration), using Death bite.
    Unbuff stats are something like 32,5% crit, 3350 ap, 9% hit. In 25s my dps is usually 3k-3,5k.
    I think its too low, even if others can do 5k. IMO my gear is decent, so that wont be an issue.

My rotation :
    IT - PS - BS -BS - SS - UB
    SS - SS - SS - DC - DC

glyphs: IT, BB (using in pvp), ghoul

thx for answer

Re: PvE dps, unholy

well first lets get an amory link so we can see your whole profile.

-whats your expertise at?

-glyphs should be IT, SS, Ghoul. The SS glyph will give a HUGE bonus to your dps since u dont have to refresh diseases. If you HAVE to have your pvp glyph, get rid of IT glyph

In either case, you are choosing to sacrifice dps by not changing the pvp glyph. If you can't even make that simple change, you won't get much improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Rothemon
    glyphs: IT, BB (using in pvp), ghoul

thx for answer
    I have to echo what the others have said: by using the BB glyph instead of SS, you are really hurting your potential for DPS. The scourge strike glyph will give you more chances to use your main source of DPS (scourge strike, obviously) and reduce the frequency that you have to spend GCDs and runes to refresh your diseases. Without being able to see your gear or specific talent choices, that is definitely the biggest change anyone can suggest.

I would like to add something to this discussion and that's the use of UB. After UB was brought down to 40rp I started using it in my rotations constantly, and at first with great success. But now my numbers with it are starting to vary maybe it's because my spell crit chance is now extremely high in raids due to some new classes and gear so I'm wondering if anyone can offer up some definitive math on this subject.

Taken from http://elitistjerks.com/f72/t37087-u...ps_discussion/

Q: Is Unholy Blight really worth getting?
    A: While you wont see numbers as large, you need to keep in mind that UB has a higher base damage AND AP multiplier than DC. Sure, it can't crit, but it scales MUCH better.
    Also from within the discussion (and keep in mind that when this statement was made UB cost 60RP, now it's the same as DC, 40)

I personally used Death Coil almost exclusively on single-target boss encounters. That being said, looking at WWS, it would certainly have been better DPS to use a UB every 20 seconds... for 60 RP at an average of 214 per tick I would have gotten 214*20 = 4280 damage, which is basically like a guaranteed crit on deathcoil. Just from comparing the damage it did for me, you can see that UB does more damage per RP than DC.