Thread: Leveling Specc?

Leveling Specc?

Hello,
    I'm gonna level my paladin soon.
    I bought the heirloom shoulders and the 2 hand axe.

So, what specc should I level as?
    I was thinking prot, but as I have the heirloom 2h axe I won't be useing a shield.
    Would Retri beat prot in the low levels 1-60, or should I stay with prot to lvl 60 and respecc to Retri then?

Re: Leveling Specc?

not leveling as retribution is pretty much stupid, buy the shoulders and the arcanite reaper and you wont have any problems leveling

Quote Originally Posted by Palloo
    not leveling as retribution is pretty much stupid, buy the shoulders and the arcanite reaper and you wont have any problems leveling

When were talking pala leveling. Can you give a link to a spec? Spec for lvl 30, 40,50,60,70 and 80. Would be nice (currently lvl 38 on mine, got shoulders + spell heirloom trinket)
    Shaman since Vanilla. All the way !

mail or plate version? i heard the plate changes to mail if it's on a char below lvl40?

yeah it changes to mail , fyi get the 30 stam and resi ench for 10k honor and put them on before sending them over , it doesnt make the shoulders soulbound , and 300 hp is always good to have at low level

Well, I've heard that Prot was the best to level as.
    But I think that was before people got the heirloom items.

What about these?
    30 Specc Nothing special
    40 Specc Won't take holy shield since I am not using a shield.
    50 Specc Taking holy shield now for avenger's shield
    60 Specc The hammer of righteous is just a waste really, it requires a 1hand

Over lvl 40 things I take just feels like waste, so I might think it's better respeccing to retri around lvl 40?
    If I level as retri, what seals/judgements should I be using and stuff...

Prot is not better or worse to level with. It's just different. As prot the thing u do to level is either tanking instances, or AoE'ing down mobs. (When you get to higher levels you can take 20+ at a time)
    However killing singletarget mobs as prot is a pain in the ass.
    So ret is if u like to quest and stuff, and prot is if u like to have ur whole screen covered in yellow numbers
    Ok im new to hotkeying so im most likely doing something wrong.

I can hotkey alt to anything but the function keys. I can do alt+f1, f2, f3 but when i get to f4 it crashes my game EVERY TIME! Its annoying because I have to reset all my hotkeys cuz a game crash doesnt save them. Please fix soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Mutin
    Prot is not better or worse to level with. It's just different. As prot the thing u do to level is either tanking instances, or AoE'ing down mobs. (When you get to higher levels you can take 20+ at a time)
    However killing singletarget mobs as prot is a pain in the ass.
    So ret is if u like to quest and stuff, and prot is if u like to have ur whole screen covered in yellow numbers
    Yea, I just want to quest and level up. But as I'm using the 2handed heirloom axe I won't be using a shield. So prot might be stupid.