Deleted

Disp arena troubles.

After weeks of farming PVP disp gear I started a 2v2 team. Im partnered with a full naxx geared hunter.

Well im mostly getting owned...
    Teams i keep meeting are -
    Rouge + any healer.
    Mage + Rogue (uber burst team, couldn't even move )
    Pala + hunter ( viper sting on me, with the pala getting 25% mana every 1 minute... sigh)

Basicly any team witout mortal strike and endless stuns I can win agasint. But teams what aren't those combos are few and far between, im loseing more than im winning.

These combos destroy me, and I can't figure out what im doing wrong. Im at 20.5k HP with 750 ressillince, and im dieing so fast to those teams. The amount of damage im taking, I can't even begin to out heal it, the mortal strike effects and interupts just rape everything I do. I even had a rogue weapon switching to stack 3 posions on me... sigh. 30% slower casting, 70% walk slow and 50% healing reduction all at once.. gg.

There is still a few PVP parts i can get, probably will hit 900 ressillince when im done. But I still predict dieing like mad to hose combos..

Is it maybe iv picked a bad partner? But then again he never gets touched, im the one dieing.

Ideas? thoughts? Better suggestions of parter or anything would be nice.

Re: Disp arena troubles.

You do realise that resilience doesnt change a thing against burst classes? 800 resilience reduces crit% how much...is it about 10% ok, gg....most burst classess have crit% close to 35% or so atleast...so it doesnt change anything. If their white hits do 3-4kdmg there is nothing you can do about it. I quitted arena and I am concentrating now fully to pve and raids only. Pretty much any dps with decent skills can go thru our shields within 1-2seconds and still we have weakened soul affecting for like 11seconds?

My advice...go for shadow...healing is not useful as a priest in arena atm...

Deleted

I was shadow, for nearly 5 years. But i got fed up of dieing in 7 second. ( 6 in dispertion and 1 to die)....

And 700 ress is about 8.5% ress chance to get crit, and 19% reducted crit damage.

Your stats seam fine, so it's a L2p issue. I'm not saying this in a negative way.

If you run with a Naxx geared hunter, then he should be able to nuke the hell out of everyone just like they nuke you. He also has traps, vyvern sting, scatter shot and a pet. He has MS (aimed shot), he has slowing skills (melee and ranged). So how is it possible that you loose a "nuke down the healer" battle?

See my point?

The hunter has to peel dps off you. If he just stands there watching you die, then you will loose.

vs rogue + healer you should win (depending on the healer class ofc) easy. Hunters destroy rogues in terrible ways. If the rogue sits on you he should be very much dead before your Pain Suppresion is over. Or be CC'ed so you can heal to full.

vs palla + hunter it's usualy a 1v1 - you against the pally. So if you loose, thats your fault. The pally has it easy, so you have to out-play them (him).

Priests are fine. We are much, much weaker then pallies and shamans, but we do just fine. And hunters are good partners, since they are the new FOTM and go well with priests. Double mana burns, lots of CC, MS, slows... You should have no problems with 2x dps teams, and can outplay almost any healer/dps.

Be patient. Don't give up and learn to adapt.

PS. don't play shadow pvp... it's totaly broken...

Quote Originally Posted by Knf
    Your stats seam fine, so it's a L2p issue. I'm not saying this in a negative way.

If you run with a Naxx geared hunter, then he should be able to nuke the hell out of everyone just like they nuke you. He also has traps, vyvern sting, scatter shot and a pet. He has MS (aimed shot), he has slowing skills (melee and ranged). So how is it possible that you loose a "nuke down the healer" battle?

See my point?

The hunter has to peel dps off you. If he just stands there watching you die, then you will loose.

vs rogue + healer you should win (depending on the healer class ofc) easy. Hunters destroy rogues in terrible ways. If the rogue sits on you he should be very much dead before your Pain Suppresion is over. Or be CC'ed so you can heal to full.

vs palla + hunter it's usualy a 1v1 - you against the pally. So if you loose, thats your fault. The pally has it easy, so you have to out-play them (him).

Priests are fine. We are much, much weaker then pallies and shamans, but we do just fine. And hunters are good partners, since they are the new FOTM and go well with priests. Double mana burns, lots of CC, MS, slows... You should have no problems with 2x dps teams, and can outplay almost any healer/dps.

L2P is an uphill battle when it's the most underrepresented class in the top 100 right now and dead last healer. Disc will be better when you can self cast Penance but as of right now you need your teammates to carry you on their backs if you want to succeed as Disc in arena.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerdrage
    L2P is an uphill battle when it's the most underrepresented class in the top 100 right now and dead last healer.
    Im really sick of people saying that if youre not in the top 4 most PLAYED classes than the class sucks.

Yes..priests are down ATM. Yes priests probably need more resil than any other class. But trust me on this..if youre geared properly and now how to play the class..you will be fine

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperbeam
    Im really sick of people saying that if youre not in the top 4 most PLAYED classes than the class sucks.

Yes..priests are down ATM. Yes priests probably need more resil than any other class. But trust me on this..if youre geared properly and now how to play the class..you will be fine
    No you don't seem to understand or lack basic reading comprehension. Priests are in last place out of 10 classes in the top 100. It's not that we aren't "in the top 4 most PLAYED" as you stated. Perhaps you should really read posts before quoting them and responding. I also did not say the class sucks I said it's "an uphill battle". There's a large distinction. I think that you saying Priests need more resilience than any other class is just more evidence that if you want to play a Priest in arena you need better gear or better skill than other players. Which falls under the uphill battle category.

Hey there, I am too playing a priest and im not like that good at arena but in tbc i went to 1900 rating with holy pala.

I experience the exact same things as you, as already stated we as priests really need good partners who understands that we at times simply needs "protection". By protection i mean that we cant survive like a rogue+mage attack or ret pala+dk, simply isnt possible

I am getting frustrated when i lose to teams where i can see the huge mistakes they do, but still win the match due to some heavy nuke :P
    As priest in arena there simply isnt space for failure/mistakes, we dont afford it at all where some other healers have a bit more space for a mistake.
    Fx, if we dont get out Pain suppression timed to second on a mage rogue team we are almost sure on dead

Im not QQ'ing this is just my experience.

Sphinxz
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Darkengelion
    Oh man, that got to be the most funny statement in 2009.

We really need a wowbash for things like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    Oh man, that got to be the most funny statement in 2009.

We really need a wowbash for things like that.
    Priests are only terrible right now because of the pally un-oomableness (WHY DID THEY BUFF DIVINE PLEA!??!?!?), and hunters. Hunters are a hard, HARD, counter to priests because of viper sting. That and the damage is so lopsided right now and preists have always been the most succeptable to burst.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

And? Discipline been the superior tree for priest PvP since the introduction of arena.

I like playing with a Disc priest!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkengelion
    You do realise that resilience doesnt change a thing against burst classes? 800 resilience reduces crit% how much...is it about 10% ok, gg....most burst classess have crit% close to 35% or so atleast...so it doesnt change anything. If their white hits do 3-4kdmg there is nothing you can do about it. I quitted arena and I am concentrating now fully to pve and raids only. Pretty much any dps with decent skills can go thru our shields within 1-2seconds and still we have weakened soul affecting for like 11seconds?

Do not take this advice, he doesnt know what hes talking about. If you know how to play your class a priest can be a very very useful and viable partner.

as a druid healer i hate priests when they fear me away from my <3 pilar.

Quote Originally Posted by VonGimli
    Priests are only terrible right now because of the pally un-oomableness (WHY DID THEY BUFF DIVINE PLEA!??!?!?), and hunters. Hunters are a hard, HARD, counter to priests because of viper sting. That and the damage is so lopsided right now and preists have always been the most succeptable to burst.
    You might take a gander at the priests in high rated arena teams, and check out what spec they are. Ill give you a hint, it is the talent tree that also includes Improved Mana Burn, which can help against those "un-oomable" pallies if you have a good partner.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Knf

See my point?

You have no clue what you're talking about, shaman/rogue, the rogue will just purge everything off the priest, rogues can survive more than the 20 seconds it takes to kill the priest, priest/rogue, rogue will stun priest and pop PI and chain mana burns with an offensive pain supp on the rogue, you don't understand what you're talking about.

Stupid, if by easy, you mean, any moron pally can do it, if you try to beat this comp anytime over 2k+ it won't happen, sorry.

Priests will be fine in 3.1, pallies will still be stronger, so will shamans, "We are much, much weaker then pallies and shamans" means we AREN'T fine, because we're much much weaker, thanks for contradicting yourself in same sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoon112
    as a druid healer i hate priests when they fear me away from my <3 pilar.

If you're getting feared by a priest, as a druid, you're bad, your partner should have a snare on him, and I heard its hard to run away from a priest crawling at you at 30% speed while you can break snares and move at 140%.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    You might take a gander at the priests in high rated arena teams, and check out what spec they are. Ill give you a hint, it is the talent tree that also includes Improved Mana Burn, which can help against those "un-oomable" pallies if you have a good partner.

You clearly don't understand playing a priest at high rating, pallies regain 25% mana per 1 minute which on 20k mana is 5,000 mana per minute, which means I have to get 2 mana burns per minute to make them break even (not counting casts, but pallies don't spend much)

While this might seem like not a lot, you have to understand that it takes 4 seconds to cast 2 mana burns, 6 seconds with push back, then lets add in, that any moron can LoS a 2 second cast, unless they're being stunned etc, which they can freedom out of (until 3.1) then lets add in, you have their partner beating on you, interrupting, snaring, keeping you from mana burning their pally.

Oh and you have to heal too.

Getting 2 mana burns per minute is a lot harder than you think, and even if you do get more, you have to keep it up, WHILE you're using your mana to mana burn, and mana to keep people up.

While possible, its a lot harder than you make it seem, especially facing any decent team over 2k