DK Frost Tank Gemming

Okay so I've been 80 and doing this tanking thing for a while now. I'm geared in some Naxx 25/10/ Tier 7.5 Gear. And so far I've been gemming for solid stamina as the trend was back in BC.

Simple question: How should I be gemming if this method is incorrect? Should I be going for avoidance or stamina or the combination of the two?

(I'm already defense capped and my gems are all currently stamina gems so defense is not an issue.)

Re: DK Frost Tank Gemming

I've done the same, solid stamina since i got all the defense i need, but i also got a few 8 parry 12 stamina to get the meta gem, that's it basically, i got 30k hp and like 25% dodge, 17.5% parry, + 10% from the talent.

We get crazy avoidance from defense, Strength, talents, and cooldowns. I feel having crazy stamina with hit/expertise caps for threat and proper rotations is best.

Armory Khallus on Deathwing to see what I do.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Mapex
    We get crazy avoidance from defense, Strength, talents, and cooldowns. I feel having crazy stamina with hit/expertise caps for threat and proper rotations is best.

Armory Khallus on Deathwing to see what I do.
    EU or US?

Quote Originally Posted by SadWarrior
    EU or US?
    Wow, there is Khallus of deathwing that is a tank DK on EU and US servers? What are the odds.

haha, mine is Behaunted @ EU armory.

I'd gem for Stam or threat. I can't remember the last time i've died to a physical attack.

All the bosses at the end primarily use large magical burst damage and/or require a large health pool.

At your level of gear you should be gemming stamina...not because it's the best...but because you're hitting DR with both dodge and parry which makes gemming for them not as powerful.

8parry/12stam is a mistake...if you need reds to activate a meta you should use 8dodge/12stam instead of parry. You'll gain more avoidance per 1 rating of dodge than per 1 rating of parry.

Gemming for hit/expertise isn't all that needed for Frost either. As alot of our abilities cannot be dodged or parried (Rune Strike, Frost Strike, Howling Blast, Icy Touch, DnD) expertise isn't that needed and will end up only really helping BS's and PS's. Hit could be gemmed for but would come at the cost of stamina in most cases and could interfere with socket bonuses that would be better than a little extra +hit.

The general rule most Frost tanks follow is that if the item is an upgrade in terms of avoidance/mitigation then take it...if you gain a lil hit and expertise that's just bonus...but do not go out of your way to try and pick up those stats. Weapons can often times add a lil needed hit/expertise. Titansteel Destroyer has decent +hit on it and so does Death's bite if you can upgrade to it...for 25m Inevitable Defeat gives a good chunk of expertise and coupled with bottom of tree +5 it gives you ~14 expertise without any other gear/gems...5 more if dwarf 3 more if human.