Beacon of Light and Sacred Shield help

I am looking for either an addon or an idea how to get this visible or get noted that the time past and i have to rebuff those 2 spells.

i have
    * classtimer -problem is i have to have a target selected but that is where i need help. i usualy dont have the player as target which benefits of the spell i want to track duraction of while healing so i dont see the remaining duration in classtimer.

* (ghostpulse) - doesnt help O_o

* powerauras - same problem as classtimer or i dont have an idea how to set it for those 2 spells. i have to have a target else it seems not doing what i want.

the only thing so far is connecting the cast of those 2 spells to deadly boss mod timer but the bar is not really customizable enough for me.

how do you track beacon and sacred shield without selecting this target or an idea how to manage this?

Re: Beacon of Light and Sacred Shield help

Well, iam using following, and its really better than any timers or whatever.

Install healbot

Check "Show Hots"

Modify scale of your hots according to scale of healbot bars

Modify from what time left it should count you seconds to fade of ur palabuff

Enjoy tracking of SS and BoL

I use classtimers. It has a focus function so if you use the /focus command you can easily monitor it without having to target.

Macros I use are

#showtooltip Sacred Shield
    /cast [target=focus] Sacred Shield

#showtooltip
    /cast [target=focus] Beacon of Light

Also i use a macro for focus because I'm lazy.

/focus target

Hope this helps.

Pravda.

Pick up Grid, I don't recall exactly which plugins I have for it but it comes with a Beacon indicator that will change from Green to yellow to red as the timer expires, and you can add your own indicators for Sacred Shield so you can see everybody you've placed one on. This avoids the limitations of focus (as you should typically want it on any and all tanks), and as for time left, it's not quite as crucial on Sacred Shield as it would be on Beacon (i.e. if your indicator for beacon is red don't cast your heal on a melee thinking it'll heal the tank) so you can just re-apply when it falls off and you have a spare GCD.
    Quelana - Blood Furnace

I use focus target marcro's for one, grid, and as an easy way of seeing when beacon runs out - I use a mod called pearl classic that adds in a focus target window with the buffs on there and I can adjust it easily to see the buffs and the persons health as well.

Try SpellReminder. Works like a charm.

I use Spellreminder, doesn't require targetting anyone.

DoTimer works for me, it's pretty neato-riffic.

If your having trouble remembering, try and time your Beacn with other cooldowns:

For example, on the pull, load Divine Favor, put up Beacon drop a heal, and you'll have a rough idea of when to renew beacon based on the CD of DF.

Alternitavely, train yourself to have a better sense of time- I can generally tell when I need to renew Beacon without timers/mods.
    Lionseraphex the Proven Healer
    <Spoodermen>
    Frostmourne
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Lionseraphex/

Deleted

I do use Healbot just as Sanguissa. It's just so handy both for healing and tracking your short-term buffs. When the buff is running short Healbot shows the seconds left ticking so it's easy to notice that and re-buff. Recommended.

I am not home but I have deadly bossmods telling me when my buffs are running out. Tonight will place my macro's then but simple said, the same warnings you get with the bars on bossfights I am using for telling me when to recast Beacon, Sacret Shield and even when to judge wisdom. To be continued.
    Out of memory was like this:
    /cast Beacon of Light
    /dbm 59 Beacon of Light

This will give me a timing bar for 59 seconds with the txt Beacon of Light. Same to be done on others. I am basicly some1 who want to run with the least amount of addons and as my guild is ordering me to use DBM its duall purpose

Quote Originally Posted by GayGirlie
    I do use Healbot just as Sanguissa. It's just so handy both for healing and tracking your short-term buffs. When the buff is running short Healbot shows the seconds left ticking so it's easy to notice that and re-buff. Recommended.
    3rd. I have been using it since respec and its wonderful. My Holy pally is only 79 so I dont have SS yet but its very handy for Beacon.

If you're using the standard Blizzard raid frames (like I stubbornly do) then maybe you will find the Raid Plus addon useful to track those two spells.

For Beacon of Light alone, you can write a macro that makes use of the built-in stopwatch functionality:
    Code:
    /cast Beacon of Light
    /sw 59
    /script Stopwatch_Play()
    When cast a small countdown timer will be displayed (it can be moved) and when the timer expires you will hear a very distinctive sound. It's actually quite nice for keeping track of this buff.

I simply added them into grid like any smart grid user would. if beacon is on someone their grid boarder is yellow, if ss is on someone a yellow dot appears in the top left of their frame. i'm not even a healer.
    Angrychaír - 80 Ret Pally
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Khaz+Modan&n=Angrycha%C3%ADr
    Retribution: working as intended.

i am using this macro my self

/cast [target=mouseover,help]&#91;] Beacon of Light
    /in 55 /w Your name Beacon of Light is expiring!

you can modify this spell for sacred shield also if you want

i also have Ellipsis cooldown tracker which you can found here: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...749&so=&page=3

Quote Originally Posted by Nookius
    I simply added them into grid like any smart grid user would. if beacon is on someone their grid boarder is yellow, if ss is on someone a yellow dot appears in the top left of their frame. i'm not even a healer.
    The only problem with this is if there's another holy paladin in the raid. Then it will display his buffs aswell.
    Ok im new to hotkeying so im most likely doing something wrong.

I can hotkey alt to anything but the function keys. I can do alt+f1, f2, f3 but when i get to f4 it crashes my game EVERY TIME! Its annoying because I have to reset all my hotkeys cuz a game crash doesnt save them. Please fix soon!

I use this for Beacon of Light:

#showtooltip
    /cast [target=mouseover] Beacon of Light
    /dbm timer 60 Beacon Time!

And this for Sacred Shield:

#showtooltip
    /cast [target=mouseover] Sacred Shield
    /dbm timer 30 Shield Time!

I use [target=mouseover] because I use clique (with grid), so that I don't have to target the person before I cast the spells on them, without [target=mouseover] it doesn't work.

I also use Deadly Boss Mods to time the spells, so that I know when to reapply them.

I use healbot..

I raid a lot and it's always done the job for me. Some prefer grid and clique etc but for me healbot has always ticked all the boxes for stuff i need it to do. It shows sacred shield and beacon cooldowns.

Add-ons, macros etc are always a personel preference thing so experiment with a few ideas and use what fits best with your style of play.
    We dont stop playing because we grow old,
    We grow old because we stop playing