Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Worried about mana in longer fights with the 3.1 changes

With rapture (disc) and serendipity (holy) both no longer returning mana on heals and the huge nerf to regen OOFSR, I'm worried about how priests will fair with healing, especially in longer or harder fights. I'm no longer sure as well which spec is better. I really like that divine aegis can stack now, but holy looks quite nice too. It seems the new rapture penalizes having a stronger shield as it doesn't return mana unless it's completely removed.

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Worried about mana in longer fights with the 3.1 changes

wtf are u talking about, they didnt say anything about rapture changes in patch notes...
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Check the new rapture description in the updated talent calculator.
    Rapture (with the full 3 points invested) - When your PWS is completely absorbed or dispelled you are instantly reenergized with 2.5% of your total mana, and you have a 100% to energize your shielded target with 2% mana, 8 rage, 16 energy, or 32 runic power. This effect cannot occur more than once every 12s. A ton of stuff was changed and not listed on the front page. Check out all the new talents.

54/17
    2 pts imp healing - reduce mana by 10% on flash/penance/greater
    Imp flash heal - reduce mana 15%
    + glyph of flash heal

you really really think mana is going to be that big an issue? can drop a pt from Borrowed time and go to 15% reduced mana if so.

I will worry when it's time.

i know this is a "cliche" answer, but all it means if you're going to have to be more picky when healing in order to maximize mana efficiency. i'm sure incoming tank/raid damage will be changed to compensate for this, because in fights where 1 missed GCD results in a dead tank, healings going to be impossible unless you've got a healer just standing there waiting on you to oom.

but, as a little reassurance to discipline priests, rapture will still give you plenty of mana back, and now warriors and druids wont bitch at you for pre-shielding them.

greenmasheen

just looking at the changes... current holy priests will be getting a buff, not so much a nerf.

what i get:

spell haste that i dont have to itemize for
    prayer of healing to individual parties...wow!
    CoH huge buff
    more mana regen on crits... hard to say if it will be better or worse post 3.1
    free raid buff
    imp pw:f, nuff said
    shadowfiend... not sure if it would be better/worse
    test of faith gives guarranteed healing instead of crits.

but i am mad about the removal of blackout... oh well i never played shadow in pvp anyways.

15+ Year Old Account

yea thats a pretty gay change...
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

As far as holy goes:

The serendipity change hurt a LOT. I expect my total regen to drop by 50% due to this alone. Serendipity was just that large.
    Of course, we all hated serendipity, forcing us to overheal and use single target heals a lot, but it was all we really had.
    The spirit nerf also hurt a lot, even though I rarely leave the FSR right now (can afford not to). That will have to chance due to the removal of serendipity.
    And it's a rather major philosophical point; one can no longer reasonably argue that holypriests are all about FSR dancing. I personaly think that's sad.

On the upside, if renew can now crit (Holy Concentration tooltip?), that means it should be VERY easy to proc Holy Concentration; to the point where you can actually expect it to be up a lot. At best, that means +50% internal manaregen. But that does not cancel out the serendipity nerf. internal manaregen is a small part of priest regen these days.

Gotta have to test and see, it's hard to tell how much this will nerf holypriests. But it's a nerf if you only compare the talents, that's for sure.
    To compensate, the shadowfiend is 20% better. That's a lot. it has more survivability, not sure how much. No word if it's actually smarter. Holy priests will NEED the shadowfiend.

--

Side note:
    Shadowfiend makes intellect 5-8% better than it already is as a raiding stat.
    Holy concentration makes spirit and MP5 up to 50% better than it already is. At least that makes spirit better than the craptastic stat I feared it would become. Gotta do some calculations later on this.

--

Second side note:
    Noone even bothering to mention that Hymn of Hopelessness vanished. :P
    Actually, that change made me smile.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Quote Originally Posted by mutantboy
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by mutantboy
    54/17
    2 pts imp healing - reduce mana by 10% on flash/penance/greater
    Imp flash heal - reduce mana 15%
    + glyph of flash heal

you really really think mana is going to be that big an issue? can drop a pt from Borrowed time and go to 15% reduced mana if so.

Improved healing does not affect flash heal, but glyphed flash heal with the new talents should cost about 530. It's just sad to see disc's huge mana advantage over holy go away.

I think that it'll probably be reasonable to keep up the extra regen a lot of the time from the new holy concentration as long as they don't put some crappy hidden cd on it. If they don't, I'm tempted to respec back to holy again. A big buff to coh, more flexible and potentially faster poh with serendipity, and a more potent renew that can crit will be interesting to play around with.

Deleted

Hymn of Hope vanished! DAMN!
    Seriously, I popped it in every fight I had time, just for the graphs, singing there with 100% mana..

Oh well, they did say they were going to work on our Hymns. 3.2 removes Divine Hymn?

Yes, Rapture effect will hurt Disc a lot, if the old effects are lost, which it seems like so.. otherwise Rapture would need a page of description like shadowform does..

Quote Originally Posted by destro
    Improved healing does not affect flash heal, but glyphed flash heal with the new talents should cost about 530. It's just sad to see disc's huge mana advantage over holy go away.
    urg - posting in the wee small hours ftl

But still - meditation is now 50%, regen model changed, Holy mana regen was Way way too crap - still think that on the face of it Disc is better, holy is better - win win really.

And lets face it - if you need mana pop shield and stand in the fire?? bam - instant mana (kk - I am joking)

I just hate the loss of Rapture.. This new one sucks, really..
    When I first read it, I was very concerned about my mana as well, but I suppose the -30% mana cost on PW:S is going to give some wigglespace..

But in the end, I'm very concerned..

i like the spammy PWS and the fact that it will be returning 600ish mana raidbuffed while its mana cost will be ~400 depending on your talents... i also like the extra 3% crit from focused will

however i DONT like what they did to Rapture and Serendipity

Feel free to PM me about any question you might have regarding LoL.
    Holy paladin

When your PWS is completely absorbed or dispelled you are instantly reenergized with 2.5% of your total mana, and you have a 100% to energize your shielded target with 2% mana, 8 rage, 16 energy, or 32 runic power. This effect cannot occur more than once every 12s.
    You may not be crazy about the change, but I can gaurentee that your tanks will love this.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    You may not be crazy about the change, but I can gaurentee that your tanks will love this.
    Yeah, though the rage gain is just too low.. Unless they're still giving rage from absorbing damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptorg
    Yeah, though the rage gain is just too low.. Unless they're still giving rage from absorbing damage.
    Missed the change eh?

PW:S won't have any effect on rage gain after 3.1

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    Missed the change eh?

PW:S won't have any effect on rage gain after 3.1
    Does that mean they're allowing rage gain, or just not?

I didn't miss anything, I just don't know if they're going through with it, or not.

Also, the new tooltip of Blessing of Sanctuary seems to say it only restores mana, making this disc talent the only way to directly buff the other tanks with Rage/RP.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

here's another thought to all this: you will run out of mana. Often. To make do you will take another healer. It will be harder to burn the boss down with a little less DPS.

Thus satisfying the complaint that everyone has had since the xpac came out - bye bye easy mode?????

Just a thought mind you...