Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Bananero

Re: 3.1 Frost Changes

Night of the Dead (Tier 8 ) now reduces the cooldown on Raise Dead by 45/90 sec and Army of the Deat by 5/10 min. (Previously reduced cooldown when you hit the target)
    OMG AotD usable on arena??

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...6&version=9614

thinking of smth like this tank build, dunno about Bladed armor only, maybe gonna miss TPS... Gonna see...
    Maybe its cos my main is healer, so always looking how to help healers... mitigation ftw

One more thing, i really like DK tanking, but one thing is far behind other tanks and that AOE... 30 sec CD on D&D is really too long... makes Noth the plaguebringer fight really hard on adds.... All other tanks dont have CD on their AOE...

Howling Blast (Tier 11) now deals 50% additional damage to targets infected with Frost Fever. (Previously dealt double damage)

From the main page, it's 150% instead of the 120% you stated tbh.

And tbh, we don't know how it will work out. Everyone can talk as much as they want, but we don't have hard numbers. Maybe a strange 0/51/20 DW will pop up for all we know. I'll rather wait and see then be prejudice.

They nerfed Howling Blast AND moved it higher in the tree, wtf? O.o

And wtf, Blood of the North is still 5 talent points...

so let me get this streight they nerf howling blast and then move it to a 51 point talent???
    WTF

seems that anything with plate is getting a f job this 3.1 patch.
    Excuse me blizzards special attention.
    Thats 5 morons sitting at a desk going .... whats next....dk....uh whats a dk

paladin...isn't that dwarf?
    yep bob thats the short fat jolly guy that makes you laugh.
    lets do lunch

anyone notice that we can now pick up master of ghouls even 51 points in? that was one of the changes i had been hoping for the most. gives us another option besides bladed armor
    all hail king frost strike

Why would i go all the way down to the bottom of the frost tree to pick up a shit 51 talent for AOE threat when i can put just 21 into unholy and get so much more unholy blight corpse explosion and the decrease in Dnd cooldown

I can even go down into the frost tree and get UBA while still putting 21 in unholy and the basic 5 into blood with talent points to spare

why would any one pick up a shitty howling blast

they should at least increase its threat like they did with runestrike

far as i am concerned and my knowledge of dk's i do not think blizzard ever intended dk's to be dw dps. they already have to many of them ie: wars,rogues, and ehancment shammies. so i could see this nerf to dw dk's coming from a mile away. think the only reason they allowed dk's to dw was for tanking cause they knew dk's would have a hard time reaching def cap since thier is no good def 2h weapon (which for some reason i can't understand y blizzard will not add 2h def weapons to the game.)

Quote Originally Posted by hagar4172
    far as i am concerned and my knowledge of dk's i do not think blizzard ever intended dk's to be dw dps. they already have to many of them ie: wars,rogues, and ehancment shammies. so i could see this nerf to dw dk's coming from a mile away. think the only reason they allowed dk's to dw was for tanking cause they knew dk's would have a hard time reaching def cap since thier is no good def 2h weapon (which for some reason i can't understand y blizzard will not add 2h def weapons to the game.)
    Meh..agreed..why they're at this why not just remove DW from the game if all you're gonna do is put it in, try to "tone it down", then make it useless. Personally I enjoyed going DW spec after the first nerf because it was still viable in comparison with 2h blood and unholy if you were good and a lot of people thought it was "impossible" to get decent dps with it. Unholy got a huge buff in SS in the patch notes and the only way I really see DW staying viable is through runeforges.

I don't understand how DW would ever be more intended for tanking rather than DPS. Unless there was an increase in the ability to parry by a ridiculous amount, 2h just seems more viable for defense and DW just seems more offensive.

This could really just be my opinion, though I really hope some changes come around to make DW DPS more raid-useful before this batch goes live.
    Signature image removed for size -- please read the guidelines.

the only real qualm i have is that it makes me SICK having to spend 6 talent points for our raid buff, which is also less useful to us personally then either AM or EP. i get that they are trying to make it hard to get both AM and talons, but why dont they just move it up to BotN tier, make it 3 points you and your raid gain 7/14/20 haste from your frost fever, you gain 5% haste at all times
    all hail king frost strike

Quote Originally Posted by Shíven
    Howling Blast (Tier 11) now deals 50% additional damage to targets infected with Frost Fever. (Previously dealt double damage)

From the main page, it's 150% instead of the 120% you stated tbh.
    Yes the main page was updated since last night, and the HB coefficient was changed from +20% to +50%...a more reasonable nerf all in all.

# Glyph of Howling Blast *new* -- Your Howling Blast ability now infects your targets with Frost Fever.
    Looks like HB will refresh your FF on your HB targets as well. At least they're adding some utility for the damage nerf (but this had better be a minor glyph).

Quote Originally Posted by taek
    Yes the main page was updated since last night, and the HB coefficient was changed from +20% to +50%...a more reasonable nerf all in all.

Looks like HB will refresh your FF on your HB targets as well. At least they're adding some utility for the damage nerf (but this had better be a minor glyph).

It won't be. Thats a pretty significant buff as you won't have to spam IT anymore or Plauge strike...all of our rune will go to FUs, with BB for AE and BS for single target. Frost just got its AE tanking threat buffed a TON, no more having to refresh AE using pestillence...simply put up diseases, spread it once and spam BB and HB and use Oblit for your extra FU runes during CD of HB. The skill of the spec tanking wise has been reduced to simply ensuring you have an FU rune up for every HB CD while fitting some Oblits in and using Frost strike to dump RP.
    When you shoop da whoop, you feel powerful and don't want to lose it, and then a guy in plate armor comes and turns your woop against the shoop, hence, making you got laz0red.

Guild No Quarter - www.nqguild.org

Regardless I'd say that this makes HB more of a tank talent than a DPS one. All in all though the changes will buff frost due to one primary thing... They are buffing FS with BotN now. That extra 15% will do something amazing in my eyes considering how hard my FS was hitting with a 2h'er. Being able to spam that suddenly looks better. So it doesn't seem to be a HUGE buff to frost across the board, in fact much of it was a lateral change, just new positioning, with a buff to FS. The only thing I wish they would do is add a reason for frost to use plague strike rather than just because they added more damage to it... I wish plague strike would give an additional shadow damage buff to your frost spells (even if it was minimal and it was something you'd have to spec into) but regardless plague strike is still an avoidable skill for frost. Doesn't mean that will make or break frost dps but still I was just hoping they would make it a little more enticing for frost to use it or incorporate it more.

Blood I'm kind of on the fence. Somethings seem like a nice buff (such as the change to HS) and even though it can't crit the sudden doom change will be a convenience but I would also say a lateral dps change in my eyes (less GCD's to worry about but less damage). Now one thing I'm worried about is MoM being nerfed by 15% (do they want to make blood less crit reliant?)... with the new numbers does that just seem to be a bit OP or something, they didn't state why they nerfed it? I mean everything will scale better now that they are making the additional damage from diseases a percentage as opposed to a base number but will that scaling change make MoM too powerful later on? The other talent I'm just kind of like meh about is how they are changing blood gorged. Yes the armor ignore will be fantastic but that means if you don't have the best of the best gear you have to sacrifice your other stats to now get the expertise (which is what made blood so good in my eyes in the first place, you didn't have to stack expertise and could put those stats elsewhere). So to me it's just a give take kind of update, but all in all could be better.

Last... wtf... they are buffing fucking unholy again? They barely make a change to frost DPS wise (which is good DPS anyway but probably not totally on par with unholy) with the talent shuffle. They make blood have better potential to scale, give them a lateral talent change in blood gorged, and give what seems to be a minimal buff to sudden doom, but turn around and nerf MoM. For unholy they change gargoyle to 51 pointer and buff it back to what it was, buff Scourge strike even more, buff plague strike damage (granted its universal but Unholy will still get the most benefit from it), and give improved unholy presence probably the best buff of all the improved presences (for a PvE dps perspective)... what else does unholy need?

I feel sorry for the DW'er though... they totally fucked any DW chances with this patch. A few reasons...

1) HB is now out of reach, and even if it wasn't it's damage is nerfed a bit.
    2) Necrosis now only works for MH damage as opposed for all attacks.
    3) BCB now has a 3 second internal CD.
    4) Gargoyle moved to a 51 pointer.

Since those were the main four reasons why DW was good... wow is all I have to say. I agree with what someone said earlier... why doesn't blizz just make DK's only able to wear 2h'ers and drop the DW thing if they are going to nerf it into the ground? I don't even like to DW as a DK but for those who did like it I feel sorry for them. Oh well though... maybe some things will change because it's still only the prelim first round of notes.

Quote Originally Posted by tvveeder
    Regardless I'd say that this makes HB more of a tank talent than a DPS one. All in all though the changes will buff frost due to one primary thing... They are buffing FS with BotN now. That extra 15% will do something amazing in my eyes considering how hard my FS was hitting with a 2h'er. Being able to spam that suddenly looks better. So it doesn't seem to be a HUGE buff to frost across the board, in fact much of it was a lateral change, just new positioning, with a buff to FS. The only thing I wish they would do is add a reason for frost to use plague strike rather than just because they added more damage to it... I wish plague strike would give an additional shadow damage buff to your frost spells (even if it was minimal and it was something you'd have to spec into) but regardless plague strike is still an avoidable skill for frost. Doesn't mean that will make or break frost dps but still I was just hoping they would make it a little more enticing for frost to use it or incorporate it more.
    My regular 6-7k and max 8k Frost strike crits agree with you.

Can't wait to pull off 4 FS and 2 Oblits in a cc chain in arenas.
    When you shoop da whoop, you feel powerful and don't want to lose it, and then a guy in plate armor comes and turns your woop against the shoop, hence, making you got laz0red.

Guild No Quarter - www.nqguild.org

Now that the Calculator is back up, what are we thinking for Frost Boss DPS rotations?

Glyph of Pest
    Glyph of Oblit
    Glyph of FS

First:
    IT - PS - Oblit - BS - BS -> FS Dump

Then:
    Oblit - Oblit - Oblit -> FS Dump
    Pest - BS - Oblit - Oblit -> FS Dump

Forever and ever.

Or, use HB and forget PS and Blood Plague:

HB - BS - BS - Oblit -> FS Dump

I think this would be worse, though.

Using the first rotation, I would say this is a decent buff to Frost DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by superflystud
    Now that the Calculator is back up, what are we thinking for Frost Boss DPS rotations?

Glyph of Pest
    Glyph of Oblit
    Glyph of FS

First:
    IT - PS - Oblit - BS - BS -> FS Dump

Then:
    Pest - BS - Oblit - Oblit -> FS Dump

Forever and ever.

Or, use HB and forget PS and Blood Plague:

HB - BS - BS - Oblit -> FS Dump

I think this would be worse, though.

Using the first rotation, I would say this is a decent buff to Frost DPS.
    The first rotation will be hot for Frost DPS...the second rotation may not be that great considering your BS's and Obliterates will suffer without Blood PLague being on the target and I'm not sure that a single HB can make up for the loss in damage to the 4x Oblit and 2x BS you throw out in between.

What the hell is blizzard thinking? Nerf Frost abit and buff an already powerful spec in Unholy. Does blizzard ever play a DK to know Frost deserves a buff to be par with Unholy. Do me a favor blizzard, actually play all the talents and do some research before you guys start buffing/nerfing any one talent.

Quote Originally Posted by ds__swoosh
    Glyph of Pestilence *new* -- Your Pestilence ability now refreshes disease durations on your primary target back to their maximum duration.
    Yep, I know

Look at his second rotation and find his PS though if BP is not on the target...no matter how hard you glyph and use Pestilence it won't refresh BP on a target that is not affected by BP.

Quote Originally Posted by Toysuprapr
    What the hell is blizzard thinking? Nerf Frost abit and buff an already powerful spec in Unholy. Does blizzard ever play a DK to know Frost deserves a buff to be par with Unholy. Do me a favor blizzard, actually play all the talents and do some research before you guys start buffing/nerfing any one talent.
    They buffed 2handed frost IMO. Extra damage on frost strike=godly. I'm not looking at the talents right now, but the only nerf I can remember is to HB, which 2hand frost will use much less often than obliterate.