Thread: "Black Arrow"

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

"Black Arrow"

"Lock and Load re-designed: You now have a 33/66/100% chance when you trap a target with Freezing Trap, Freezing Arrow or Frost Trap and a 2/4/6% chance when you deal periodic damage with your Immolation Trap or [size=10pt]Black Arrow[/size] to cause your next 2 Arcane Shot or Explosive Shot spells to trigger no cooldown, cost no mana and consume no ammo. This now has a new spell effect and sound"

Any thoughts of what this might be?

Re: "Black Arrow"

They said something about a trap arrow that does something to your target.

Has to be that. Some new mechanic that allows us to shoot more than just freezing traps.

Hmmm....well in The Hobbit Bard shoots down the evil dragon Smaug with a single lucky black arrow that he always got back. Well he didnt get it back but it certainly one-shotted the boss.

No idea, honestly, but thats the only 'black arrow' I can think of

It's a new talent right before explosive shot according to this, http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?hunter=&version=9614

supposedly it will never be in game, this is it

Black Arrow
    Black Arrow Rank 2
    5 - 35 yd range
    Instant
    Requires Ranged Weapon
    Fires a Black Arrow into the target, slowing the target's movement speed by 70%, causing 150 Shadow damage and draining 150 mana over 30 sec.
    http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=14296
    nca-guild.com

black arrow
    6% of base mana
    30 second cooldown
    Fires a Black Arrow at the target, increasing all damage done by you to the target by 6% and dealing [10% of RAP + 2675] Shadow Damage over 15 seconds.

like Mental said, right above explosive shot on the new talent calculator

Yea, edit myself, I am retarted...

...didn't dig deep enough when I posted.

Edit: so, doing my math, raid buffed this will hit for ~3k over 15 seconds. That's pretty nice...

ahh ok. talent trees werent up when i posted >.<

well ofc, survival did really need a damage boost -_-
    The man they call Alan

Quote Originally Posted by Trolltrolltroll
    Telling people why you kicked them is the only way for them to know how not to do it in the next group they're in.

Seriously, imagine you're 5 years old, playing with Legos in your room, and dad comes in and slaps you around a little bit and tells you that you're grounded. What do you learn from the experience? Just that dad is an asshole.

Don't be an asshole, dad.

I like this ability. It's an additional facet to playing a hunter, one that might it more interesting to play, slightly more complicated beyond watching a shot rotation cooldown.

I think blizzard did well this patch. They "had" to nerf hunters because of the general outcry of survival hunter's dominance in PvP. But with the changes they made to Sniper Training, TnT, and Black Arrow, I don't think our PvE dps will be hurt.

Of course, now this changes how we will spec. I'm currently having some issues with talent points, with trap mastery being a 3/3 setup, I don't have enough points to do what I want to do in the survival tree. There are too many good talents. Here's where I'm sitting now.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?hunt...h=000000000000

I'm not near the haste cap, so here i'm sitting.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelico
    I say it actually did. Other classes (warriors, warlocks, feral druids, and mages) have pushed over 6.5-8k DPS. The best WWS of a hunter dps on patchwerk is 6.3k.

Just wow.

Hunter PvE DPS might've need a bit of a boost, but Blizzard clearly has no idea how to balance survival in PvP.
    We don't really think we need more caster hate in the game right now. - GC

Quote Originally Posted by Vzelik
    I say it actually did. Other classes (warriors, warlocks, feral druids, and mages) have pushed over 6.5-8k DPS. The best WWS of a hunter dps on patchwerk is 6.3k.
    i'm not talking contra other classes...i'm talking contra marksmen beastmasters...
    I really like this talent, no doubt...it's the one skill i've been truely in love with since warcraft 3 (well back then it raised minions too) but i don't know if the few buffs bm and mm has gotten will outshine black arrow in such a way that hunters will be balanced...
    The man they call Alan

Quote Originally Posted by Trolltrolltroll
    Telling people why you kicked them is the only way for them to know how not to do it in the next group they're in.

Seriously, imagine you're 5 years old, playing with Legos in your room, and dad comes in and slaps you around a little bit and tells you that you're grounded. What do you learn from the experience? Just that dad is an asshole.

Don't be an asshole, dad.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelico
    Is it definitely a boost when other changes are taken into account though ? Talents such as TNT have changed too... as have many others.

So i just had to apply to mmo-champion just to reply.

The hunter Surv changes, which include:

- Black Arrow, new DoT, which can activate LnL & boost damage for half its duration. (Buff)
    - Change to Sniper Training, which leads us to be in range of party AoE Buffs. (Buff)
    - T.N.T. refreshes yet another DoT, Immolation Trap. (Buff)
    - Trap shooting, 1min CD, to launch your initial Immolation Trap. (Buff)
    - Immolation Trap activating LnL (Buff)
    - Hunting Party giving 3% more agi (Buff)

So currently Surv is looking very, very, very well for PvE stationairy fights. Where as mobility and hectic fights wont be affected much (PvP and fights where the casters also cant nuke ftw).

With all these extra Dots to keep up which all in turn lead to more damage besides their own ticking damage, leads to more stuff to keep track of, making the distinction between /castsequence huntards and the real deal PvE Raiding Hunter a bit wider.

It seems we'll have to use 1 more GCD every 30sec for an aditional DoT, and once per fight (if you do it right) we'll have to shoot an Immolation trap on the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio
    Is it definitely a boost when other changes are taken into account though ? Talents such as TNT have changed too... as have many others.
    Yes it is. TNT still gives bonus dmg to explosive shot. The only other change that has to deal with dmg was sniper training. The old sniper training was only really useful in pvp for the kill shot buff. You don't really get a lot of space or time to line up being that far away. Now you can just line up your cc, stand still for a few sec and do even more dmg. That plus black arrow will make hunters even more retarded in pvp.

They pretty much gave up tnt stun and imp wing clip for a good buff to dmg.

Quote Originally Posted by MOSTHATED
    supposedly it will never be in game, this is it

http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=14296
    yeah that version was a spell thought to be put in when WOTLK was still just rumors but as you can tell its pretty OP for pvp and never happend so they reworked it, honestly survival didn't need the dps increase,(i am survival)honestly it should be where silencing shot is in the marks tree and silencing shot be in explosive. It would give something more appealing to split the raid dpsers so more grps could get trueshot aura imo
    Woman may come and go but epix are soul bound.

realy realy bad idea to pu all cc in 1 tree... as it is now... look scatter,frost trap ,wyvern, + random stun from exp wich lants almost every shot :P

after 3.1 it will be nice as i see this tree...

shoot immo trap,serpent,black,explosive :P
    You'd wish to see my armory link here!

Trueshot aura doesnst stack with Unleashed rage and/or Blood .... (from Blood DK's).

Usually a raidgroup will consist of atleast 1 Rambo (err. Enhancement Shaman) and maybe a Blood DK.

So thats 2x 10% increase AP buff, thats probably up 100% of the time. Who needs Trueshot Aura, really?

deleted what i had posted, looking at compeletly wrong tool tips :-[
    Woman may come and go but epix are soul bound.

Quote Originally Posted by dr4g0n
    realy realy bad idea to pu all cc in 1 tree... as it is now... look scatter,frost trap ,wyvern, + random stun from exp wich lants almost every shot :P

after 3.1 it will be nice as i see this tree...

shoot immo trap,serpent,black,explosive :P
    They removed random stun from exp shot right? or im wrong ?