Thread: new shadowform.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted

Re: new shadowform.

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    We'll see, we'll see.

It's obviously meant to do more damage than we do now, so I wouldn't be to worried. The best we can do is to do actual raiding tests that proves our lower damage.

Blizzard hardly cares about Theroycraft/Math/Simcraft data, they want REAL data.
    I guess we have more info, when ppl start getting to the ptr. I don't believe that blizz is trying to nerf us, but it wouldn't be the first time if they unintentionally did. If there is 200% crit damage on dots, we will be fine. If it's 150% with blizz trying to bandage it with DP buffs, it's tbc scaling nightmare all over again.

If you have 30% crit right now, you get 30% more BASE dot damage (which while including your spellpower, doesn't include stuff like darkness, shadow weaving, malygos sparks, thaddius charges, etc.)
    not correct!
    you get 30% more dot damage, including all talents buffs and debuffs, which were active when casting the dot
    they DO work with malygos charges they DO work with thaddius debuffs, they DO work with scorch and totem of wrath, and they even work on if the buff/dubuff runs out until you have to reapply the dot

one key to dps at thaddius is to wait with dots until you have at least 10 stacks, never cast them while running or before the polarity change took effect

If dot crits won't do 100% damage, then I see no reason to bring sp in the raid.

Warlocks do more damage and they provide replenishment.
    Moonkins are on par with us as it is, and their FF is even better than Misery.

VE is so useless in raid that it doesn't deserve to be mentioned. Rogues will do more aoe damage than us, and Pestilence change definitely moved us down from aoe gods spot.

In 3.1, sp is a waste of raid spot, if we look at pure numbers. However, if dot crits do 100% damage instead of 50%, then we're talking money.

funny thing ... i just logged onto PTR and tested how hight sw will tick...same as on live O_o

Quote Originally Posted by syanid
    If dot crits won't do 100% damage, then I see no reason to bring sp in the raid.

Warlocks do more damage and they provide replenishment.
    Moonkins are on par with us as it is, and their FF is even better than Misery.

VE is so useless in raid that it doesn't deserve to be mentioned. Rogues will do more aoe damage than us, and Pestilence change definitely moved us down from aoe gods spot.

In 3.1, sp is a waste of raid spot, if we look at pure numbers. However, if dot crits do 100% damage instead of 50%, then we're talking money.
    The sky is falling, the sky is falling!

And no, FF is not nearly as good as FF. I'd put money less than 5% of the boomkin population take imp FF.

If raid is melee heavy, any normal boomkin will take it or be asked to take it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lostprophet
    funny thing ... i just logged onto PTR and tested how hight sw will tick...same as on live O_o
    Is this a good or bad thing? I've seen other people mention this as well. Their dots seem to be doing the same damage.

Quote Originally Posted by atf
    The sky is falling, the sky is falling!

And no, FF is not nearly as good as FF. I'd put money less than 5% of the boomkin population take imp FF.
    All non-retarded boomkins will take it. But less than 5% of the owl population will apply it.

Moonkins gains passive crit if Faerie Fire is up, that means any kind. So where the feral-kin puts up FF, the moonkin with FF talent gain crit without wasting his mana on putting up FF himself.

Clever owl is clever.

Quote Originally Posted by Vexione
    Is this a good or bad thing? I've seen other people mention this as well. Their dots seem to be doing the same damage.
    it does the same dmg and it crits :>

I guess its a good thing

But some things are buggy on ptr^^

im 14/0/60 skilled xD

Quote Originally Posted by Lostprophet
    im 14/0/60 skilled xD
    So some bug allows you to be level 82?

Yes, they removed the crit-scaling modifier for Vampiric Touch. But made the other spells more up to speed.

So some bug allows you to be level 82?
    no some bug allowed me to put 74 pts into my talents

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    300-500 damage isn't burst. I probably do more damage in melee...
    You're hard to please, aren't you?

I don't understand the changes to mana regeneration, but we'll see when it's been tested.
    They are making all Casters have 50% mana regen while casting talents available in a tree for all casting classes. They are trying to scale regen while not casting so its close to the same as the casting rate. Many Dps casters have more than one talent like mages who will now be able to have 100% regen while casting. Basically making casters more non stop like Melee (which is the way it always should have been, drinking and eating is a bonus not a requirement any more.)