Thread: 3.1 & Balance

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

3.1 & Balance

Any Balance druids out there as disapointed as i am with 3.1 patch notes?

Waiting this whole time just to be told that Owlkin Frenzy will now be classed as an Enrage... Whoopty fucking do.

I'm more concerned about the fact that our DPS is COMPLETELY reliant on RNG... Eclipse needs to be reworked.

What are others views on this?

Angello

Re: 3.1 & Balance

Moonkins that wear full moonkin gear (not 1/2 resto or full resto [like i do lol]) actually do a CRAP TON of DPS especially because of Eclipse. I dont see why they need to be buffed up anymore atm. I see them doing more damage than any other caster (if properly geared) and even if i go full resto gear, I still dish out about 2500 dps. And Moonkins in proper gear dish about like 3500-4000, So they really dont need to be buffed atm... IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Angello
    Moonkins that wear full moonkin gear (not 1/2 resto or full resto [like i do lol]) actually do a CRAP TON of DPS especially because of Eclipse. I dont see why they need to be buffed up anymore atm. I see them doing more damage than any other caster (if properly geared) and even if i go full resto gear, I still dish out about 2500 dps. And Moonkins in proper gear dish about like 3500-4000, So they really dont need to be buffed atm... IMO
    I don't think they need to be buffed... i know we do shit loads of damage.

The problem is, its PURELY based on the RNG factor of Eclipse. Some fights Eclipse will proc a ton and you will easily outdps the rest of the raid... other times you will be lucky to get 1-2 procs and you will be last on DPS.

I don't want them to be buffed... just have their damage more sustainable.

Maybe make Eclipse an actual ability that you enable yourself on a 45 second cooldown instead of it relying on procs.

you dont know what you are talking about. Fully geared moonkins, such as myself, do 5-6k on patch kills, but that is behind locks and mages. As we should be.

we dont need a buff, but we do need Eclipse to be standardized. It is wrong when doing the exact same thing twice, can have a 1000 DPS difference, just due to luck.
    The Eclipse(starfire) buffs needs a 100% proc chance. Or, change it from a +30% starfire crit chance, to +"x" charges, where each charge is an auto-crit starfire.

also, be aware, this is the first day of possible patch notes. they will change, again, and again, and again before they go live. And then they will change again, the next week, in a patch.

dont freak out yet
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Draenor&n=Kulltiras

Angello

Eclipse Procs when you crit, and only evey.. what is it... 2 minutes i think?

so within that time you cant use it, for OP reasons. Once the cooldown on the Proc is up and you crit. You'll proc eclipse

Angello

Quote Originally Posted by Kulltiras
    you dont know what you are talking about. Fully geared moonkins, such as myself, do 5-6k on patch kills, but that is behind locks and mages. As we should be.

I dont think people understand what i said. Look close. I am saying we already do alot of damage and dont need to be buffed at all..... Even in my resto gear i out dps alot of people.

Eclipse Procs when you crit, and only evey.. what is it... 2 minutes i think?

so within that time you cant use it, for OP reasons. Once the cooldown on the Proc is up and you crit. You'll proc eclipse
    30 second internal CD. not 2 minutes.

And it does not proc every time you crit with wrath, its a 60% chance on wrath crit.

do you even play a druid?

I dont think people understand what i said. Look close. I am saying we already do alot of damage and dont need to be buffed at all..... Even in my resto gear i out dps alot of people.
    if doing 2500 DPS, as you said earlier, allows you to out-DPS anyone, you play with pretty terrible people

Angello

For pug heroics. Yah, I play with terrible people... I dont choose who i want to go with, I just go with random people for fun

antifreeze

yeaa. new icons for shamans :P
    like i was wating new stormstrike icon so much previously and now new riptide! yea OP :P

I remember wiping on Brut, on his enrages, and I remember my DPS had at most 40 DPS difference between tries. On 1.7k back then.

If you want to have the same accuracy with our current DPS, your max variation should be what, 120 DPS?
    Atm I have over 1k DPS variation between Patchy kills. (or had, when I was still balance)

if anything i am hoping for a little more pvp viability pve is fine for moonkins

Quote Originally Posted by chunx0r
    if anything i am hoping for a little more pvp viability pve is fine for moonkins
    dont be surprised when everyone is in full t8, and the only people below moonkins on boss kills are subt rogues, ret pallies, and frost mages.

and subt rogues and frost mages dont even raid...

I like the idea of having Wrath Crit 100% chance to proc Eclipse... its the RNG factor of HAVING to crit, and then it still not procing Eclipse due to 60% chance that causes the issue.

That, or having Eclipse as a poppable ability like Bloodlust on a 45 second cooldown.

imo add a new spell like lava burst which consumes the moonfire dot for 100% crit,so we'll be less rng dependant

Every now and then, theres a moonkin with good dps.

But all in all, moonkin is one of the weak dds and about 20% behind mages, locks, dks, hunters

And looking at top patch dps, the highest ones are closing in on 8k dps, where are the top moonkins? 6k? 6.5k maybe?

Moonkins need a serious non-burst buff. IS and Moonfire dot doing 50% more than now perhaps.

Very disappointed atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Harle
    Every now and then, theres a moonkin with good dps.

But all in all, moonkin is one of the weak dds and about 20% behind mages, locks, dks, hunters

And looking at top patch dps, the highest ones are closing in on 8k dps, where are the top moonkins? 6k? 6.5k maybe?

Moonkins need a serious non-burst buff. IS and Moonfire dot doing 50% more than now perhaps.

Very disappointed atm.
    you dont know what you are talking about. With equal skill, and all in full t7.5 gear, moonkins are below mages/locks/DK's as a standard, but are right in the mix with everyone else. We should not be beating mages/locks/rogues/hunters, as they are non-buffing DPS'ers. But even now, we can stand our own with rogues and hunters. Ard can beat warriors, shamans, Spriests, frost mages, Ret pallies. I speak from personal experience, where I'm hitting 5500 DPS on patch kills, getting me 5th on the charts, and from the countless WWS that fellow moonkins have linked on moonkin forums. In relation to other DPS'ers, we are exactly where we should be.

Our sole problem is so much of our DPS relying on good luck with Eclipse. It can alter your personal DPS by 500-800, from one identical fight to another, just because of bad luck.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaBaggle
    What buffs is it that you bring exactly? Scorch rivals E&M, but warlocks can put up a version of E&M, so clearly that's not a buff because a pure dps class does it. Side junk like GotW is nice, but mages have int, so... 3% spell hit means you should be ~10+% behind those classes?
    scorch does not "rival" E&M, it does a different thing.

E&M > CoE because no matter what i do, I always put up E&M with every spell. That allows a Lock to use a DPS curse. Same reason i dont spec into imp FF, because a Spriest always has missery debuff up, making imp ff pointless.

I bring +5% crit, +3% haste, and give E&M, allowing locks to use DPS curses. that far more then makes up for my slightly sub-mage/lock DPS.

its about getting all the buffs in the most efficient manner.

Agreed on the topic of too much rng dependacy.

And what comes to where we stand in dmg charst, i think we are where we are supposed to be. We are hybrids, would be stubid if we would out performed pure dmg dealers. Atm i think all is fine.

One thing, eaven thou Patchwerk is atm about the only bossfight where one can compare results fairly easy, one has to rember this: Our dps goes up the faster the kill is. Everybodys does. Meaning 5-6k dps on 3min kill might be something like 4k on 6min kill. Factor in (hopefully positive) RNG and our dps might be quite high on fast Patch kills. Get the point? Mentioned this just so that the +5k dps that we see often enough hopefully gets understood in the right light. Kulltiras for example, knows what to do, has the gear AND the group to get patch down fast=5-6k dps.

So for those of you doing 2.5kdps on heroics and around 3k on 25man raids. All is not lost

Im a bit disaponted on 3.1 notes thou... i hoped (and will keep up hoping) that something would be done to how we fare in Arenas. I think its time to admit that Balance is not ment for competetive PvP... ahh well.

How is life? Same old, Same old

Sk
    Ipit, Finnish speaking 25 raiding guild on Lightbringer-EU is recruiting. Check our website for more info.

Kulltiras is right.

We do not need a DPS buff... that is NOT what this thread is about.

I am perfectly happy with my DPS when i get lucky with Eclipse (4.5k-5k on Patchwerk).

The problem is, its purely RNG. Being "Lucky" shouldn't take such a HUGE role in PvE DPS.

We need our DPS to be more consistant... so a tweak to Eclipse is needed.