Thread: 3.1 & Balance

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: 3.1 & Balance

Hey, at least it seems you dodged the nerfbat on this patch... which is more that can be said for restos and feral tanks...
    P.S.: Better pray just to be left untouched... lately blizz has been a bit too trigger happy with nerfs...

• Lifebloom: Mana cost of all ranks doubled. When Lifebloom blooms or is dispelled, it now refunds half the base mana cost of the spell per application of Lifebloom, and the heal effect is multiplied by the number of applications.
    FFS...

Quote Originally Posted by Volkogluk
    Hey, at least it seems you dodged the nerfbat on this patch... which is more that can be said for restos and feral tanks...
    P.S.: Better pray just to be left untouched... lately blizz has been a bit too trigger happy with nerfs...

• Lifebloom: Mana cost of all ranks doubled. When Lifebloom blooms or is dispelled, it now refunds half the base mana cost of the spell per application of Lifebloom, and the heal effect is multiplied by the number of applications.
    FFS...
    I dont think you thought through what you have written.......
    In that you have said:
    1) doubled mana costs (agreed)
    2) restores mana =to 50% base, which means its 150% base for your 3 stack (which it should be)
    3) multiplied by the number of stacks...........so 3 stacks means its tripled..........

Double the mana, triple the final blooming heal, and it refunds mana on dispell......(if im correct, the end 'bloom' is classed as Lifebloom's dispell aswell)

Im going by what you wrote.........so you cant QQ if what you have written is dead on correct, as LB has been buffed.
    Retards should not be aided. They should just be pointed toward the coldest pole on which to stick their tongue.
    A Balance Druid who has balanced the Balance in his Balance Spec between Crit and Haste is a Balanced Balance Druid.
    80 Druid (exBC toon), 80 Mage (Arcane), 80 DK (lol), 80 Hunter (MM), 80 Pally(prot/ret), 61 Rogue (Ass/Subt), 80 Lock (Demo/Affli), 23 Warr (Prot/fury hybrid).
    Pally - http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Thunderhorn&cn=Nikoli.
    Hunter - http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Thunderhorn&cn=Grubba

Quote Originally Posted by bawkbawkboom
    I dont think you thought through what you have written.......
    In that you have said:
    1) doubled mana costs (agreed)
    2) restores mana =to 50% base, which means its 150% base for your 3 stack (which it should be)
    3) multiplied by the number of stacks...........so 3 stacks means its tripled..........

Double the mana, triple the final blooming heal, and it refunds mana on dispell......(if im correct, the end 'bloom' is classed as Lifebloom's dispell aswell)

Im going by what you wrote.........so you cant QQ if what you have written is dead on correct, as LB has been buffed.
    Are you PVp only? Have you EVER tryed healing? Or at least checked other threads on our forum before posting?
    1) no1 cares about the final bloom ( at least in most fights in pve) , since you can't see the future, so you can't know i after 7!!! seconds!!! the person you LB will need that heal. Unless you CAN see the future , ofc. ( I am not talking of those very few fights with consistent raid damage. And even then you can't know - since in 7 seconds time that person can - and probably WILL be - healed by another healer)
    2) Great. it refunds half mana on dispell. After its cost was DOUBLED. which basicly means that if u stacked LB , and let it bloom, it would have been the same as if you had stacked and let it bloom NOW, before the change. Have you ever seen druids do that? How the hell is THAT mana efficient?
    Get into your head - the bloom changes were NOT made to buff pve. They were made for PvP. And even there its more of a nerf then buff - since the cost of LB was doubled. And not in every case in pvp LB gets dispelled / is allowed to bloom. So that pvp druid will (a) get OOM faster, since at least several times he will roll it without blooming, thus looosing mana, and (b) once low on mana will have to wait TWICE longer then now to cast 1 single LB...
    So where exactly do you see the buff?

Quote Originally Posted by Volkogluk
    Are you PVp only? Have you EVER tryed healing? Or at least checked other threads on our forum before posting?
    1) no1 cares about the final bloom ( at least in most fights in pve) , since you can't see the future, so you can't know i after 7!!! seconds!!! the person you LB will need that heal. Unless you CAN see the future , ofc. ( I am not talking of those very few fights with consistent raid damage. And even then you can't know - since in 7 seconds time that person can - and probably WILL be - healed by another healer)
    2) Great. it refunds half mana on dispell. After its cost was DOUBLED. which basicly means that if u stacked LB , and let it bloom, it would have been the same as if you had stacked and let it bloom NOW, before the change. Have you ever seen druids do that? How the hell is THAT mana efficient?
    Get into your head - the bloom changes were NOT made to buff pve. They were made for PvP. And even there its more of a nerf then buff - since the cost of LB was doubled. And not in every case in pvp LB gets dispelled / is allowed to bloom. So that pvp druid will (a) get OOM faster, since at least several times he will roll it without blooming, thus looosing mana, and (b) once low on mana will have to wait TWICE longer then now to cast 1 single LB...
    So where exactly do you see the buff?
    Calm down dear, its only a commercial.......sheesh!!!!
    1) our forum? you work for mmo-champion do you?
    2) Agreed, mana costs doubled, as i have sed in my post....but, in pve, when having a 3 stack (like ya should in most cases - depends who your healing i agree) YOUR HEAL FOR LB ARE TRIPLED, this doesnt just mean the final bloom. as it would specify that, it means the ticks for LB aswell.. thus far negating the double mana cost.
    3) If your assigned to raid healing, and you pop i dunno, a few LB's on people dotted around, while shoving a wild growth in where you can, the final healings come into play alot.
    4) Blizz are trying to change a few things in the way dps/tanking/healing is done. they dont want it to be a SPAM of 1/2 particular spells. So they are bringing things into play that make people use different spells/
    5)
    probably will be healed by another healer
    This has happened since druid healing began. and it will for time to come.
    6) your pvp argument.......so you pop 3 stacks of LB on your arena partner..... it gets mass dispelled. while a rogues stun locks. the player you LB'd gets healed for 3(TRIPLE) what they used to. More mana yes, but way more healing.

Think of it like this, more mana, but more healing, means less need to spam it. means more downtime for your LB = less mana used........
    Retards should not be aided. They should just be pointed toward the coldest pole on which to stick their tongue.
    A Balance Druid who has balanced the Balance in his Balance Spec between Crit and Haste is a Balanced Balance Druid.
    80 Druid (exBC toon), 80 Mage (Arcane), 80 DK (lol), 80 Hunter (MM), 80 Pally(prot/ret), 61 Rogue (Ass/Subt), 80 Lock (Demo/Affli), 23 Warr (Prot/fury hybrid).

ANYWAY - back on topic.

Take a Boomkin out of your raids......look at it like this.

You lose: 3% haste, 5% crit, 12% damage. Using a warlock to do CoE means he loses a curse slot and a GCD...therefore reducing his dps aswell. We are needed in raids, not just for our very nice hybrid dps, but also for the buffing of the whole raid. Afterall, its a team effort and we should be looking to aid eachothere where we can.

Quote Originally Posted by Medium9
    Why is LB discussed in a thread called "3.1 & Balance" anyways?

Yes, moonkins can cast it too, but if I'm balance specced I don't expect any heal of mine to be cheap or really good. They are small and expensive enough so that changes like these don't matter much.

If it is a resto concern, go find a resto-thread.
    A stray resto got lost i think. go QQ somewhere else.....not in a Boomkin topic.

1) our forum? you work for mmo-champion do you?
    Druid forums. ;D

2) Agreed, mana costs doubled, as i have sed in my post....but, in pve, when having a 3 stack (like ya should in most cases - depends who your healing i agree) YOUR HEAL FOR LB ARE TRIPLED, this doesnt just mean the final bloom. as it would specify that, it means the ticks for LB aswell.. thus far negating the double mana cost.
    Are you kidding me? Plz read carefully before posting, as i already asked... the LB ticks will heal THE SAME as they do now... ONLY the final bloom was made to stack, which it doesn't atm. So no, , nothing here negates the mana cost.

3) If your assigned to raid healing, and you pop i dunno, a few LB's on people dotted around, while shoving a wild growth in where you can, the final healings come into play alot.
    Its better to pop rejuv while raid healing in most cases. since its the HoT part that performs best for us in most fights. Bloom would be overhealing more often then not. Just think. popping LB for the blom, is like a pallie popping flash heal with a 7-9 seconds delay... WTB a crystal ball...
    4) Blizz are trying to change a few things in the way dps/tanking/healing is done. they dont want it to be a SPAM of 1/2 particular spells. So they are bringing things into play that make people use different spells/
    1/2 spell spam? have you ever played resto? there is no time in raid when at least 2 pple don't have my rejuv + regrowth on them. same with LB. + some rejuvs on raid. + I am using WG on pretty much every CD depending on fight. + I am using HT to cover raid spikes. ( I am HT specced atm.) 1-2 spells my ass... ( sory for my language, that went too far. )

6) your pvp argument.......so you pop 3 stacks of LB on your arena partner..... it gets mass dispelled. while a rogues stun locks. the player you LB'd gets healed for 3(TRIPLE) what they used to. More mana yes, but way more healing.

Think of it like this, more mana, but more healing, means less need to spam it. means more downtime for your LB = less mana used........
    Its still down on HPM... WAAAY down... + what do u think wil happen in those 3 GCDs it wil take you to reapply LB if u let it bloom on you / ur partner? the other team will sit and let you do it?

P.S. : Sorry, just wanted to say to boomkins out there that you really shouldn't try to get Blizzards attention to your specc. You might get it.

Can we please get back on topic for the issues of Balance PvE and PvP?

This isn't to discuss resto or pure vs hybrid concerns... there are enough of those threads already.