Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Buff...Buff....Buff....

Sorry after all the whining I see recently I just wanted to say...

I love you Blizzard.
    'u get constant hit by ice shit from roof so you can travel instantly all across the room'

Re: Buff...Buff....Buff....

lol, blizzard says you're welcome.

then silently nerfs you back down

15+ Year Old Account

Where are these buffs (to shadow) that you speak of?
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

well....dplague is better, no question there. dispersion is definitely buffed. silence has a bigger range. shadowfiend was given a brain.

other than that, everything cancels each other out, really

Shadowform (Tier 7) now gives your Shadow Word: Pain, Devouring Plague, and Vampiric Touch spells the ability to critically hit.

*New Talent* Improved Devouring Plague, Tier 6, 3 point talent - Increases the periodic damage done by your Devouring Plague by 5/10/15%, and when you cast Devouring Plague you instantly deal damage equal to 5/10/15% of its total periodic effect.

among others... I'm holding my breath.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Vexione
    Shadowform (Tier 7) now gives your Shadow Word: Pain, Devouring Plague, and Vampiric Touch spells the ability to critically hit.
    Still up for debate if it is a (minor) buff or nerf though.

*New Talent* Improved Devouring Plague, Tier 6, 3 point talent - Increases the periodic damage done by your Devouring Plague by 5/10/15%, and when you cast Devouring Plague you instantly deal damage equal to 5/10/15% of its total periodic effect.
    15% more periodic damage is nice but 15% upfront is a joke, if that is supposed to be for pvp. DP does 1376 over 24 seconds, lets say 2000 for a nice round number in your pvp outfit. 15% of that is a woopin' 300!

Also, It seems I cannot get improved fade and improved vampiric embrace anymore for my pve build
    I'll probably drop inner focus for the second point in imp. fade.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

The DP talent is a decent dps upgrade for PvE and anything that deals extra damage to your opponent in PvP is worthwhile.

For 3 talent points we are effectively gaining 30% more DP damage, that isn't bad for 3 points.

I still believe the silence effect needs to be removed from Dispersion, I still fail to see what is stopping us being silenced, stunned, interrupted, sheeped, cycloned, hexxed, blinded, etc etc etc. The fear with immunity abilities is they can be used in an offensive way which wasn't their design. Quite clearly this can't apply to dispersion, and the silence effect is far too big a drawback to utilise in pvp effectively. That isn't to say there is no way to use it effectively but it is very easy to counter. The change to snare removal and immunity will help some but it doesn't go far enough.

I think disc priests have got some nice buffs to help them pvp but I still feel the rogue poisons in particular need attention (perhaps they did and I missed it?). As it stands a rogue can put on 3 poisons that completely cripple a priest at 0 cost. It doesn't even cost a GCD because it goes on incidently from white hits and GCD's they are going to use anyways. If a rogue wants to use poisons then they should cop a cost and do so for a significant dps loss.

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    Still up for debate if it is a (minor) buff or nerf though.

15% more periodic damage is nice but 15% upfront is a joke, if that is supposed to be for pvp. DP does 1376 over 24 seconds, lets say 2000 for a nice round number in your pvp outfit. 15% of that is a woopin' 300!

Also, It seems I cannot get improved fade and improved vampiric embrace anymore for my pve build
    I'll probably drop inner focus for the second point in imp. fade.
    deal damage equal to 5/10/15% of its total periodic effect.
    sound like including all talents and stats from gear, in raid my plague has round about 9k dmg overall, this would be 1350 dmg on cast, and this may even be able to crit up to 2000, well thats not quite much, but its nearly one extra tick

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by plspirit
    sound like including all talents and stats from gear, in raid my plague has round about 9k dmg overall, this would be 1350 dmg on cast, and this may even be able to crit up to 2000, well thats not quite much, but its nearly one extra tick
    It still has 24 seconds cooldown though, so, meh.

i wouldnt be surprised if the CD was lifted in the future too. not even sure why there is a CD on it in the first place, unless, for w/e reason, it would make is "OP" if we could spam it.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Raige
    i wouldnt be surprised if the CD was lifted in the future too. not even sure why there is a CD on it in the first place, unless, for w/e reason, it would make is "OP" if we could spam it.
    For as long as DP was there its cooldown was as long as its duration. Because it healed us for 100% of the damage it does. Not that it only heals us for 15% of the damage, the cooldown is rather obsolete.

what i want to know, is the initial damage connected to the priests cast, or is it connected to the dp debuff itself

this would make a huge difference if theres a death knight spreading the plague

do we get the 15% damage everytime on every mob that is plagued by pestilence or just for the first one we cast ourselves

15+ Year Old Account

Based on the wording "when you cast [] you instantly deal damage equal to []" I'd say it depends on our casting, not on its application, so it probably will not get spread by dks.

Disc and holy are buffed nicely, people who can predict damage will own with PoH.
    However shadow is disappointing. The change to shadowform (with crit) will suck if dots don't crit for 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by plspirit
    what i want to know, is the initial damage connected to the priests cast, or is it connected to the dp debuff itself

this would make a huge difference if theres a death knight spreading the plague

do we get the 15% damage everytime on every mob that is plagued by pestilence or just for the first one we cast ourselves
    According to patch notes:

# Pestilence is now 1 rank. It now spreads existing Blood Plague and Frost Fever infections from your target to all other enemies within 10 yards. (Previously dealt damage)

So it seems it doesn't spread DP anymore.

well, we're just fucked

so far this is really bad...

shadow priest's biggest problems were completely ignored and all the changes that were made were quite unecessary compared to what they really need.

no DoT protection

no additional way to escape melee

infact, they even removed blackout and I see no replacement for it, which is even a nerf against their chances to escape melee...

yet they keep buffing them against casters and most shadow priests couldnt care less about that >.<

only real bright side is a better pet and it only lasts 15 seconds :
    if you flip the penny three time and don't get any tails, you should take the penny to the bank and tell them it's broken.

spriests are still meh in pvp

its interesting to see the changes for pve though

increasing some damage while decreasing others

hers to hoping dot critting #s will be increased from 150%

The buffs are in the glyphs. Inner Fire and Fade will help some. However, you are absolutely right that nothing has changed so far when it comes to dot protection etc.

How is the buff to dispersion not a positive PvP change?