Thread: Dps pve unholy

Dps pve unholy

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...5&version=9614

Yay/Nay?

what could be done to make better?

Re: Dps pve unholy

Dump desecration, take 2/2 Dirge and 3/3 Wandering plague, also suspect take 1 out of Necrosis and puting it into ravenous dead will probably be a DPS gain. Whether or not Ghoul Frenzy prooves worth taking a point of Necrosis out of for also remains to be seen. I suspect it won't be worth it, the unholy rune cost is a killer.

Why these changes?

1. Desecration is very seldom up in an unholy rotation. Assuming you have the Scourge Strike glyph you will be casting Plague Strike less than once every minute, especially if they are increasing the duration of diseases as the patch notes say. So you are spending 5 talent points to get a 5% damage boost about 20% of the time which makes it a terrible return on investment for PvE.

2. Dirge allows you to use an extra Scourge Strike every 2nd rotation, giving another chance to refresh your diseases and Scourge Strike does lots of damage.

3. Wandering plague with raid buffed crit levels is a huge boost to your disease damage even on single targets.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulver
    Dump desecration, take 2/2 Dirge and 3/3 Wandering plague, also suspect take 1 out of Necrosis and puting it into ravenous dead will probably be a DPS gain. Whether or not Ghoul Frenzy prooves worth taking a point of Necrosis out of for also remains to be seen. I suspect it won't be worth it, the unholy rune cost is a killer.

Why these changes?

1. Desecration is very seldom up in an unholy rotation. Assuming you have the Scourge Strike glyph you will be casting Plague Strike less than once every minute, especially if they are increasing the duration of diseases as the patch notes say. So you are spending 5 talent points to get a 5% damage boost about 20% of the time which makes it a terrible return on investment for PvE.

2. Dirge allows you to use an extra Scourge Strike every 2nd rotation, giving another chance to refresh your diseases and Scourge Strike does lots of damage.

3. Wandering plague with raid buffed crit levels is a huge boost to your disease damage even on single targets.
    Dirge gives more rp, I think you are thinking off reaping.

Quote Originally Posted by ElyziuM
    Dirge gives more rp, I think you are thinking off reaping.
    Oh yeah, sorry for the mistake. In that case if you have the 4 piece t7 bonus I would say to ignore dirge but if you don't have that then the extra runic power is still probably useful.

As anyone theorycrafted if the 5% faster rune cooldown on Unholy Pres with the 2 points in Imp. Unholy Pres would make it viable for PvE?

I think this calculator isn't up to date yet. Epidemic is supposed to be a 3 point talent now, at least that's what I thought it said in the patch notes. Base disease time has been increased to 15, talents bring it up to 18 seconds. That will cost you an extra point.

Anyways I agree with the poster above. Take out desecration, put in wandering plague and dirge. Ravenous death is nice to fill up too, but I would probably ditch BCB for it. The effective chance of BCB is going to be a lot smaller with the 3 second lockout.