Army of the dead in arena????

Talented army of the dead has a 10 min CD now.
    Does that mean DKs can use it in arena?
    I mean ok, they nerfed gargoyle in a quite strange way (and quite laughable, i laughed my ass off)
    but still army of the dead is an extremely overpowered spell for the arena.
    As much as i'd love to wander around with 10 ghouls around me 1shotting any unlucky bypassing rogue, i realy wouldn't stand the QQ from everyone without AoE to one shoot them.
    Quote Originally Posted by General_Typhus View Post
    Hi i am any class in the game. To beat me spam icelance and then talk about how skilled you are when the 20k crits roll in.

Re: Army of the dead in arena????

The army won't be able to one-shot rogues and if it could I'd love to see a screen shot. That and every class has an aoe nowadays. From what you're saying I'd suspect you have a rogue main, you could probably crippling poison + fan of knives kite the ghouls. Besides, what idiot would let a DK stand there in arena and channel Army anyways? Any spell interrupt/stun/cc will stop the cast so I doubt AotD is going to be an arena issue.

As a disc priest, I get raped by AOTD in bgs. I would be very disappointed if they let this enter arena. Lets say just for kicks, unholy death knight + holy paladin against disc priest + feral druid. Death knight has his ghoul out. Los's and summon AOTD, garg, and has his ghoul out. What would I do when he death grips me into the middle of that?...die

Read my sig. Ty.
    No rogue main, just a lvl 36 alt.
    My main is a DK, from the post as you can see.
    Fan of knives sucks big time, weapon damage is not enough, yet wasting 50 energy is too much.
    I can channel it before going out in the arena get on the mount and rush in.
    The rogue was an example, it could be a mage, but a mage has viable aoe, it could be a priest, no fear on UD, it could be a lock.
    Hi i am any class in the game. To beat me spam icelance and then talk about how skilled you are when the 20k crits roll in.

The channel on AotD is pretty long though, if you get in a good fear or your partner gets in a kitty stun/cyclone the DK will lose his CD and summon 2 ghouls tops. Granted 2 ghouls can still do a decent amount of damage but it shouldn't be too bad in arena (granted it hasn't been tested yet)

As ALWAYS and with EVERYTHING in WoW the untalented cd are of importance.

Quote Originally Posted by Memetomori
    The channel on AotD is pretty long though, if you get in a good fear or your partner gets in a kitty stun/cyclone the DK will lose his CD and summon 2 ghouls tops. Granted 2 ghouls can still do a decent amount of damage but it shouldn't be too bad in arena (granted it hasn't been tested yet)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skivoh
    I can channel it before going out in the arena get on the mount and rush in.

Simple solution is simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Memetomori

As a priest, should I stay right next to the dk then so that I can fear him as he starts to channel it? I don't think I'll be doing that. I highly doubt that a decent dk would try to channel it with a kitty in los.

Well it's realy going to be exiting to have it like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Skivoh
    Talented army of the dead has a 10 min CD now.
    Does that mean DKs can use it in arena?
    I mean ok, they nerfed gargoyle in a quite strange way (and quite laughable, i laughed my ass off)
    but still army of the dead is an extremely overpowered spell for the arena.
    As much as i'd love to wander around with 10 ghouls around me 1shotting any unlucky bypassing rogue, i realy wouldn't stand the QQ from everyone without AoE to one shoot them.
    As pointed out in anohter post, AotD has a base CD of 15mins, and it is a spells base CD which decides if it goes in arena. So, no, it wont work.