Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Pestilence no longer spreading devouring plague?

    just read this makes it seem like it only spreads these two diseases now. can anyone confirm?

    Pestilence is now 1 rank. It now spreads existing Blood Plague and Frost Fever infections from your target to all other enemies within 10 yards.

  2. #2
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,275

    Re: Pestilence no longer spreading devouring plague?

    I shall hereby add a "confirm" because I'm intelligent enough to read and understand the tooltip.

  3. #3

  4. #4

    Re: Pestilence no longer spreading devouring plague?

    you could have answered without putting someone down. i simply asked because i couldn't see if the tooltip itself had actually changed. not everyone is on the ptr at the moment.

  5. #5

    Re: Pestilence no longer spreading devouring plague?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    I shall hereby add a "confirm" because I'm intelligent enough to read and understand the tooltip.
    Try not to be such a dick all the time Nezoia

  6. #6

    Re: Pestilence no longer spreading devouring plague?

    Just as only your own disease count for damage modifiers as a DK, it was completely unintended that Pestilence spreaded any other thing. It's just been fixed to its original purpose.

    Actually btw, Nezoia is right. Read that tooltip, it doesn't take a PTR character to guess :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

  7. #7

    Re: Pestilence no longer spreading devouring plague?

    i used to log into the priest forums and enjoy seeing a worthwhile reply from certain knowledgeable players. but then something happens... and they become an elitist asshat whos posts no longer contain any valid or usefull information and only purpose is to contiune to add to the counter under their name. Its kinda dissapointing to know that the person whos opinon i would seek out because it was usually usefull has become nothing more then a bad troll.

    anyway...

    losing the devouring plague spread does suck, and removes 1 of the cool synergies that the deathknight had with the shadow priest class. i guess its back to assisting off the tank rather thent he dps dk in the group.



  8. #8

    Re: Pestilence no longer spreading devouring plague?

    if i would have seen an actual tooltip i wouldnt have needed to ask the question. what i saw was what was posted on the patch notes. i didnt have access to the ptr at the time and none of the other wow info sites had updated to the 3.1 tooltips at the time of posting. in the end i don't care i got the answer i was looking for it just is really frustrating how people can be sometimes.

  9. #9

    Re: Pestilence no longer spreading devouring plague?

    does the new pestilence glyphe refresh dp on the focus target?
    The tooltip says so, can someone test?

  10. #10

    Re: Pestilence no longer spreading devouring plague?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralu
    i used to log into the priest forums and enjoy seeing a worthwhile reply from certain knowledgeable players. but then something happens... and they become an elitist asshat whos posts no longer contain any valid or usefull information and only purpose is to contiune to add to the counter under their name. Its kinda dissapointing to know that the person whos opinon i would seek out because it was usually usefull has become nothing more then a bad troll.

    anyway...

    losing the devouring plague spread does suck, and removes 1 of the cool synergies that the deathknight had with the shadow priest class. i guess its back to assisting off the tank rather thent he dps dk in the group.


    blizzard doesnt want synergies

  11. #11
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,275

    Re: Pestilence no longer spreading devouring plague?

    I believe there's still synergy , as the different special attacks of the Death Knight benefit from the amount of diseases on any given target.
    It do however, only benefit the DK himself, and not the priest.

    And yeah, I'm a twat for stating the obvious apparently.

  12. #12

    Re: Pestilence no longer spreading devouring plague?

    Pestilence used to say that it spread all diseases on the target. Now it says it spreads all of the DKs diseases to other targets.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

  13. #13
    Epic! gaymer77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    1,639

    Re: Pestilence no longer spreading devouring plague?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    I shall hereby add a "confirm" because I'm intelligent enough to read and understand the tooltip.
    Care to be more of a dick on the forums?

    Quote Originally Posted by Chillbro
    Renew is a HoT.

    Confirm / Deny?
    Confirmed does not remove it (dueled a DK in my guild & it didn't remove it)

    Quote Originally Posted by Hotchocolate
    does the new pestilence glyphe refresh dp on the focus target?
    The tooltip says so, can someone test?
    The old glyph is the one that's on the PTR right now. Possibly this one has to be discovered but no scribe I know has it including my guild's scribe who knows everything & did research the first day on the ptr and didn't learn anything.

  14. #14
    The Lightbringer Mandible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    3,376

    Re: Pestilence no longer spreading devouring plague?

    Raiding is about having 10/25 people that individually work together to obtain a goal - which is to get as much loot to the individual player.

    In other words - blizzard fear that one raid might bring alot of priests because of this one little thing and then making others "obsolete".
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

  15. #15

    Re: Pestilence no longer spreading devouring plague?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aureact
    Try not to be such a dick all the time Nezoia
    3.5k Posts of being a dick.

    It's getting a little old.

  16. #16

    Re: Pestilence no longer spreading devouring plague?

    This was a needed nerf imo. Pestilence spreading DP and spamming Mind Sear was a bit op on aoe pulls.

  17. #17

    Re: Pestilence no longer spreading devouring plague?

    Trash in current content is laughable. The only single encounter where spreading DP via Pestilence works like a charm is Sarth 3D and that's really where DK and SP shines. And really, I see no reason why the synergy is removed, it was kinda cool.

  18. #18

    Re: Pestilence no longer spreading devouring plague?

    Quote Originally Posted by Adrena
    3.5k Posts of being a dick.

    It's getting a little old.
    You might find that asking questions that a five year old could figure out on their own does tend to get on peoples nerves.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

  19. #19

    Re: Pestilence no longer spreading devouring plague?

    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    You might find that asking questions that a five year old could figure out on their own does tend to get on peoples nerves.
    Blizzard has made erroneous tool tips countless of times already. Since "Any other diseases are no longer affected" wasn't added, why would you not hope otherwise?

    Raf was merely asking for a confirmation.

  20. #20

    Re: Pestilence no longer spreading devouring plague?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    I believe there's still synergy , as the different special attacks of the Death Knight benefit from the amount of diseases on any given target.
    It do however, only benefit the DK himself, and not the priest.

    And yeah, I'm a twat for stating the obvious apparently.
    Not what you say, how you say it..

    And its not a one time thing... Its always like this with you.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •