Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Pestilence no longer spreading devouring plague?

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    I believe there's still synergy , as the different special attacks of the Death Knight benefit from the amount of diseases on any given target.
    It do however, only benefit the DK himself, and not the priest.
    No, actually. That tihng got changed in Beta.
    Only Frost Fever, Blood Plague and Crypt Fever / Ebon Plaguebreinger count for buffing the DK's attacks. And only the diseases that each DK did put up himself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralu
    i used to log into the priest forums and enjoy seeing a worthwhile reply from certain knowledgeable players.  but then something happens... and they become an elitist asshat whos posts no longer contain any valid or usefull information and only purpose is to contiune to add to the counter under their name. Its kinda dissapointing to know that the person whos opinon i would seek out because it was usually usefull has become nothing more then a bad troll.

anyway...

losing the devouring plague spread does suck, and removes 1 of the cool synergies that the deathknight had with the shadow priest class.  i guess its back to assisting off the tank rather thent he dps dk in the group.

Those of us with brains grow tired of having to spoonfeed the masses of lemmings out there.  You'll still get your answer, probably, but expect to get a lesson on how you can find out for yourself next time as well.  A troll wouldn't answer at all, or give incorrect information instead.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

I don't understand why people think that this information was readily available when i posted this. There was no way of knowing for sure that the actual spells tooltip had been changed unless you were on the ptr which i wasn't which is why i asked the question and nobody else on any forums that i frequent had any info regarding this. so what was so stupid about this question? why be so condescending ? i would like to know how you would come to the conclusion that you could be 100% sure this was the case by just seeing those patch notes. If its really that obvious I'm sorry for wasting your time with my post.

Quote Originally Posted by Raf
    I don't understand why people think that this information was readily available when i posted this. There was no way of knowing for sure that the actual spells tooltip had been changed unless you were on the ptr which i wasn't which is why i asked the question and nobody else on any forums that i frequent had any info regarding this. so what was so stupid about this question? why be so condescending ? i would like to know how you would come to the conclusion that you could be 100% sure this was the case by just seeing those patch notes. If its really that obvious I'm sorry for wasting your time with my post.
    It really was that obvious.

Its not obvious.

Other priest-talents have the wording down in an odd way. Take this for example.

Vampiric Touch
    Causes 850 Shadow damage over 15 sec to your target and causes up to 10 party or raid members to gain 0.25% of their maximum mana per second when you deal damage from Mind Blast.

So does it give 0.25% mana to 10 players instantly the second MB hits? Does it add a 10sec buff that grants mana each second? You cant know unless you tried it out ingame.

I wondered about the DK-spreading myself, and I decided that they prolly removed the spread (reading the talent), but imo there is still the chance that Blizzard wrote it in a weird way. So the only way to know for sure is ingame test.

The question is valid.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat
    Those of us with brains grow tired of having to spoonfeed the masses of lemmings out there. You'll still get your answer, probably, but expect to get a lesson on how you can find out for yourself next time as well. A troll wouldn't answer at all, or give incorrect information instead.
    seriously ( and not just the prick ive quoted) if you dont like `spoon feeding the masses` as you so succinctly put it then why the fuck do you post here? people who dont know the answers to questions come here first ( i assume ) because this site supposedly has knowledgeable users/posters/staff and so is a resource same as anywhere else on the internet. if you are offended by people asking what ( in your opinion) are stupid question...dont fucking well involve yourself in a goddamn resource site you arrogant little cunt.
    or am i wrong and this site isnt a resource its just for pros to post and flame tards?
    LOL, look at this angry kid go. Sounds like someone is bleeding from the vagina today. I don't know what I said to piss you off like this, kid, but I do know you must have TONS of friends and a healthy social life with that personality!-(Sindershock)
    The hardcore players are happy with the difficulty (with the exception of Buzzkill, who seems to enjoy complaining)
    Plagued Proto-Drakes suddenly become "Slightly Infected Chicken Drakes", or "Last Nights Takeaway Drakes".chronalis
    `Trolls need locks, wtf. It only fucking makes the most sense.`

Quote Originally Posted by Noetic Concordance
    seriously ( and not just the prick ive quoted) if you dont like `spoon feeding the masses` as you so succinctly put it then why the fuck do you post here? people who dont know the answers to questions come here first ( i assume ) because this site supposedly has knowledgeable users/posters/staff and so is a resource same as anywhere else on the internet. if you are offended by people asking what ( in your opinion) are stupid question...dont fucking well involve yourself in a goddamn resource site you arrogant little cunt.
    or am i wrong and this site isnt a resource its just for pros to post and flame tards?
    It use to be a resource, back in the day when the only people who used sites like this and the EJ boards were the so-called elitist pricks. I mean honestly, back then these boards were full of useful info from players who knew the game and did alot of theorycrafting and whatnot. Now days, all these boards are full of newbs and trolls who do nothing more than waste space with useless crap.

To be fair, If you know that the Devouring Plague bug exists, you could probably of figured out that they were trying to nerf that without too many brain cells committing suicide

Well, if you read the tooltips it seemed pretty evident as well. The old tooltip of Pestilence said that it spread all diseased currently on the target to other targets. The new tooltip specifically states that it only spreads the death knight's own diseases.

"Pestilence is now 1 rank. It now spreads existing Blood Plague and Frost Fever infections from your target to all other enemies within 10 yards."

I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by heriana
    This was a needed nerf imo. Pestilence spreading DP and spamming Mind Sear was a bit op on aoe pulls.
    just no.

seeing the destro locks rain of fire crit for up to 6k ticking the same rate as mindsear the 400 dps through dp per target are just weak (my mindsear never critted higher than 4k, without misery bug)

Quote Originally Posted by Gladiator_Cub
    Its not obvious.
    Umm, yeah it is.
    I wondered about the DK-spreading myself, and I decided that they prolly removed the spread (reading the talent), but imo there is still the chance that Blizzard wrote it in a weird way. So the only way to know for sure is ingame test. The question is valid.
    Wrote what in a weird way? This?

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

"Pestilence is now 1 rank. It now spreads existing Blood Plague and Frost Fever infections from your target to all other enemies within 10 yards."
    Seems pretty straightforward to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    Well, if you read the tooltips it seemed pretty evident as well. The old tooltip of Pestilence said that it spread all diseased currently on the target to other targets. The new tooltip specifically states that it only spreads the death knight's own diseases.
    What he said.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    Umm, yeah it is.Wrote what in a weird way? This?

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Seems pretty straightforward to me.What he said.
    qft

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Gladiator_Cub
    Other priest-talents have the wording down in an odd way. Take this for example.

Vampiric Touch
    Causes 850 Shadow damage over 15 sec to your target and causes up to 10 party or raid members to gain 0.25% of their maximum mana per second when you deal damage from Mind Blast.
    How is the tooltip for VT worded in an odd way? It does exactly what it says...gives upto 10 people 0.25% of their max mana every second & requires you to do dmg to trigger that buff.