Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: 3.1 Builds Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    It doesn't boost dps, it's like 5-10 spellpower or something when it procs. It do, however, boost regen, but in a much smaller scale than Focused Mind.
    DO try read what the talent does sometimes.......
    dont underestimate it this talent scales with gear... and with 1000 Spirit(raidbuffed) it will be 20 spellpower...not thaat much but better than nothing.

and to Shadow Focus, i know that its reduce mana cost as well but its only 2/4/6 %.... it may be not the best way to get the points for imp vE but if u have more hit than 290, could be, than its not the worst way..

the bottom line is ... you have alot of choices where to get those 2 points...it might depend on gear, playstyle etc...i for myself will go first with 1/3 Focused Mind....anotherone wont even skill imp vE and another guy wont skill imp spirit tab .....

This is the build i came up with i got 2 talent ponts for IMP VE from improved mind blast and PaS

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...3&version=9614

taking the .5 seconds away wont take away from the fact that you can cast 2 full MF in between MB
    and the 66% chane refreshing SW:P is ok with me as i dont use SW that often

Quote Originally Posted by Lostprophet
    the bottom line is ... you have alot of choices where to get those 2 points...it might depend on gear, playstyle etc...i for myself will go first with 1/3 Focused Mind....anotherone wont even skill imp vE and another guy wont skill imp spirit tab
    The bottom line is you are completely clueless about how the talents work, how scaling work, and how one should gear up.

If you got more than 11% hit you're stacking the wrong stats which won't ever be efficient as priest (due to us scaling much better with raw spellpower than warlocks&mages).

Also reffering to absolute numbers are stupid since draeneis only need 10% from gear.

So go back to getting carried by your russian guild

nanana , im not a russian !

I know that noone should get more than 290 hitrating (AS A NON DRAENEI !!) but u cant always get that gear u want.... sometimes u have to choose for item A with tha u got maybe 1% above and without u will have 1% less....

im lucky, i have excatly 290hit rating :>

About Shadowform changes... i did some test on the dummys:

With SF and full Weaving => sw tick for >>1051<<.

than if i /1,15(-SF) /1,2009 = 761 should be whitout SF & Critrating

so know real testing without SF but still full weaving --> tada 761 1:1 to crit %.

second test with moonkin aura +5% 1199 /1,15/1,2526 = 832 and after dropping SF i got excatly 832 .. so i assume i was right...

This should be my PVE build (Disc):

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...h=051200030501

The last major glyph should be the penance one but not available on builder at the moment.

I think the divine Aegis stacking up to 10.000 hit points should really be great with penance and renewed hope and could help for stacking more than one disc in a raid.
    The new rapture may be less good, but let's face it, our mana regen was really overpower as soon as we got more than 20k mana.

Btw, I wonder if the new talent soul warding will have any effect on the weakened soul effect... Would be too good to be true, but I'd be gratefull if anyone could test it on ptr (my character transfer isn't finished for the moment).

For my PVP build (disc) :

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...h=071200030501

Last glyph should be Pain suppression (Can't wait to own damn rogues and ferals ^^)
    I'm more than pleased with the new penance being castable on ourself. It means we can easily stack grace*3 (even with only one tick of penance every 8 sc).
    We also seem to get our reflective shield for 2 ranks instead of 3, a good to health pool with IPW:Fortitude without loosing points in enlightment, and 3% to spell crits from focused will...
    New unbreakable will should also REALLY help versus rogues...
    With a full crit pvp gear, while under the weakend soul effect, we could have :
    • 15% less damages and 21% more heals from focused will and grace
    • ~30% crit on ourselves
    • 4,5% of total mana back when our own shield is busted (from how I understand the new rapture)
    Triggering power infusion and spamming the new holy nova with all these effect... Jus't can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by heriana
    As far as shadow goes in PvP, I'll be trying these two builds:

Disc PvP:
    Martyrdom is wasted points, its only really useful on DK / Mage, and it only procs on melee attacks that hit, aka not absorbed, just the fact it doesn't work unless procced on melee basically kills it for mage, and dk, meh, only useful for strangulate, and even then, its not that great.

Imp fort, not worth it, 4% stam isn't really that great, and the improved to fort it self will get dispelled most of the time, while decent, I won't pick it up.

No Silent Resolve? losing 30% chance to save your buffs is really really really dumb.

Mental Agility, no longer effects Penance (channeled are considered instant) thus its not that great, its not bad, just not worth 5 points.

Enlightenment, even in its new form of 3 points, it only makes flash from 1.5 to 1.41, you should have any other haste in your set in pvp, except maybe on torch of holy fire if you use that, over all not worth it imo.

Divine Aegis, personally I like this talent, even with my 14% crit, thats a 42% chance per penance to add a 1k shield, which now also stacks if it doesn't get broken right away, while not very strong, its still decent if it procs, and using inner focus on a penance is even better now.

Spell Warding, majority of stuff killing you, isn't going to be magic damage, even though it does effect diseases and scourge strike, I don't find myself dying very easily with peels, I generally don't die until I run out of mana, I'd rather put my points into Divine Fury to increase my DPS.

Blessed Recovery, Blessed Recovery is worth 2.0% - 3.0% mitigation as holy (weaker because of blessed resilience)
    as disc, probably worth 3.5-7%, I would never not use this, melee dps is the only thing that can kill my priest before running out of mana, while spell warding doesn't help against melee (sans scourge strike / diseases / poisons) this does help against all of them, much better imo.

Improved Healing, as I mentioned, mana is my bane, and saving 15% on my main heal, which next patch I can use on my self, and have the CD reduced to 6 seconds, this is amazing imo.

Quote Originally Posted by cafeine
    This should be my PVE build (Disc):

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...h=051200030501

The last major glyph should be the penance one but not available on builder at the moment.

I think the divine Aegis stacking up to 10.000 hit points should really be great with penance and renewed hope and could help for stacking more than one disc in a raid.
    The new rapture may be less good, but let's face it, our mana regen was really overpower as soon as we got more than 20k mana.

Btw, I wonder if the new talent soul warding will have any effect on the weakened soul effect... Would be too good to be true, but I'd be gratefull if anyone could test it on ptr (my character transfer isn't finished for the moment).

For my PVP build (disc) :

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...h=071200030501

Last glyph should be Pain suppression (Can't wait to own damn rogues and ferals ^^)
    I'm more than pleased with the new penance being castable on ourself. It means we can easily stack grace*3 (even with only one tick of penance every 8 sc).
    We also seem to get our reflective shield for 2 ranks instead of 3, a good to health pool with IPW:Fortitude without loosing points in enlightment, and 3% to spell crits from focused will...
    New unbreakable will should also REALLY help versus rogues...
    With a full crit pvp gear, while under the weakend soul effect, we could have :
    • 15% less damages and 21% more heals from focused will and grace
    • ~30% crit on ourselves
    • 4,5% of total mana back when our own shield is busted (from how I understand the new rapture)
    Triggering power infusion and spamming the new holy nova with all these effect... Jus't can't wait!
    Crit is not worth it, at all, while it can be a decent bonus, gearing for it, would be too much of a waste of regen, that you will need in higher brackets where games last 10-15+ minutes as a priest, thus without crit gear, you would bring your crit down to about 23%, whereas dropping dropping crit down to 14% will give you 17.25% more on renew, more dps, 15% less mana cost on penance.

Pain supp glyph is bad, unless your gear is horrible you shouldn't need to use it in the opener, (feral), it won't be usable in maim (incapacitate) only really usable on second or more kidney, which if you really were getting low, you would hit it before getting kidney shotted, overall a waste of a slot, holy nova is meh once you get more regen, I hardly ever die before I run out of mana, holy nova would just oom me quicker.

My spec, Glyphs are

Inner Fire (5.5% mitigation to melee)

Hymn of Hope (makes it actually semi-useful, 12% mana over 4 seconds)

Penance

Before you commit to the Hymn of Hope glyph, keep in mind the spell has been removed.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    Before you commit to the Hymn of Hope glyph, keep in mind the spell has been removed.
    They said they removed Reflective Shield too, but they only moved it up to Tier 2, on the PTR hymn of hope is still in the game.

Aaah, my mistake.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

The Hymn of Hopelessness glyph - assuming the spell will not be removed - is just plain horrible.

Glyph effect: Triple amount, half duration.

Pre-glyph: 8% mana over 8 seconds, channeled.
    Post-glyph: 12% mana regained over 4 seconds, channeled.
    5 minute cooldown in both cases.

Sure, 4 seconds of channeling is doable. I'll give you that. It's an inconvenience, but it won't kill people.
    But 12% mana is still crap. There is no other word for it that will pass the censors.

Assuming 20k manapool
    12% of that is 2400 mana. Or just enpough for 2x Gheals.
    For a 5 minute cooldown, that means this spell is worth 40 MP5.

Blessing of wisdom is more than twice of that and passive.
    Shaman manatide totem is worth 80 MP5, at the cost of a single GCD and no glyphslot.
    The 3.1 version of shadowfiend assuming 10 hits is worth 200 MP5, at the cost of a single GCD and no glyphslot.
    The blood elf racial ability has a side effect of giving you 50 MP5 if you use it at every cooldown.

So no thank you. I will not spend a precious glyphslot bringing a horribly subpar spell up to merely subpar status. Nor should you.

In fact, I was very happy reading that Hymn of Hopelessness was removed. Even if it cost me a ability usable as a last resort ditch, it meant that someone had realised just how craptastic the spell actually was, and that the clutter in the spellbook was not worth it.

Don't disappoint me by bringing it back now, blizzard!

Join the Priests against Hopelessness movement today. We don't need no stinking Hopelessness.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

For my disc Priest this is what im thinking of using

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...0&version=9614

Looks good and has a few extras

Quote Originally Posted by Danner
    The Hymn of Hopelessness glyph - assuming the spell will not be removed - is just plain horrible.

Glyph effect: Triple amount, half duration.

Pre-glyph: 8% mana over 8 seconds, channeled.
    Post-glyph: 12% mana regained over 4 seconds, channeled.
    5 minute cooldown in both cases.

Sure, 4 seconds of channeling is doable. I'll give you that. It's an inconvenience, but it won't kill people.
    But 12% mana is still crap. There is no other word for it that will pass the censors.

Assuming 20k manapool
    12% of that is 2400 mana. Or just enpough for 2x Gheals.
    For a 5 minute cooldown, that means this spell is worth 40 MP5.

Blessing of wisdom is more than twice of that and passive.
    Shaman manatide totem is worth 80 MP5, at the cost of a single GCD and no glyphslot.
    The 3.1 version of shadowfiend assuming 10 hits is worth 200 MP5, at the cost of a single GCD and no glyphslot.
    The blood elf racial ability has a side effect of giving you 50 MP5 if you use it at every cooldown.

So no thank you. I will not spend a precious glyphslot bringing a horribly subpar spell up to merely subpar status. Nor should you.

In fact, I was very happy reading that Hymn of Hopelessness was removed. Even if it cost me a ability usable as a last resort ditch, it meant that someone had realised just how craptastic the spell actually was, and that the clutter in the spellbook was not worth it.

Don't disappoint me by bringing it back now, blizzard!

Join the Priests against Hopelessness movement today. We don't need no stinking Hopelessness.
    You clearly don't know what you're talking about, have no NEVER heard of min-maxing.

Im up to 1200 Resil and play with excellent partners who are very good at peeling, I almost never die until I run out of mana.

I've already picked up the JC trinket for 2340 every 5 minutes, and Alchemy for 400-600 every 3 minutes (also hp pot)

Added in with my shadow fiend, sorry that in 2's and 3's I don't always have blessing of wisdom to add on (that will get dispelled anyways).

So yes, I do like glyph of hymn of hope, because an extra 2400 per 5 is very good when your only weakness is running out of mana.

Would be my approach, Flash Heal spammer and Penance whenever possible.

Obviously, keeping Weakened Soul up as much as possible with PW:S for the additional crit for armor.

Glyph of Penance in the last glyph "socket" for a 6 second cooldown Penance.

I believe Greater Heal won't be having any place in Disc(it barely has now), so I completely skipped Divine Fury and took healing focus, in case I would be under attack or hit by AoE in sticky situations, so my tank doesn't die.

And to my delight, this spec also allows excellent PvP viability. Which is always fun, cause then I can take a shadow spec, or perhaps a Holy AoE healing spec as my second spec.
    Probably more leaning towards Holy, so I can switch specs if I happen to be grouped with another Disc Priest, or I have to do fights like Sapphiron or Malygos with a lot of AoE damage.

Leyley:

The irony of you attacking me for never hearing about Min-maxing when min-maxing was indeed my entire case is not missed, and it's a bit sad. We mostly have different perspectives. I'm a PVE raider. You're a PVP arena player. I favor longevity, you favor short-term gains.

That said, it's still not stellar. The glyph is worth exactly 800 mana and -4 seconds of channeling time. Pick a glyph lowering spellcosts instead. Like - glyph of flash heal or something. From a min-max perspective, that's gonna yield you more mana.

Also - call me ignorant here - but if you can channel for any time at all in PVP, doesn't that mean you don't have anyone on your back at all, and that you pretty much have won already?

--

On topic:
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...5&version=9614
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Just wondering, but didn't they remove Hymn of Hope?

Quote Originally Posted by Raptorg
    Just wondering, but didn't they remove Hymn of Hope?
    According to the patch notes on the main page, yes.
    But it's still present on the PTR.
    And they just added a (crappy :P ) glyph for it.

Either the PTR had a bug in it. Or the glyph team doesn't know what the spell team is doing.

15+ Year Old Account

If I go holy again, that will be my spec. I wouldn't ever plan on tank healing, hence why no renew and no empowered renew, and I have everything that would make raid healing most effective. It is a toss-up between Test of Faith and Blessed Resilience, it all depends how much raid damage will be going around.

That will be my spec if I stay Disc with the Penance glyph in the last slot
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Quote Originally Posted by LeyLey
    You clearly don't know what you're talking about, have no NEVER heard of min-maxing.

Im up to 1200 Resil and play with excellent partners who are very good at peeling, I almost never die until I run out of mana.

I've already picked up the JC trinket for 2340 every 5 minutes, and Alchemy for 400-600 every 3 minutes (also hp pot)

Added in with my shadow fiend, sorry that in 2's and 3's I don't always have blessing of wisdom to add on (that will get dispelled anyways).

So yes, I do like glyph of hymn of hope, because an extra 2400 per 5 is very good when your only weakness is running out of mana.
    I'd love to see a link to this armory with 1200 resil because I'm sitting in full deadly minus the shoulders and I'm at 817.

Given the fuck-over they did to Rapture, I'm losing all faith in what Blizz had in mind for Discipline. So I think I'm gonna stick with a 14/57 Holy build, dropping Spirit of Redemption for 1 point in Healing Prayers, and hey I'll do a better job of tank healing by not going oom 45/60 seconds in a fight. Sigh, thanks again Blizz.

Edit: Come to think of it, wasn't 3.1 going to "fix" the rage issues of bears/Warriors? I can understand the need for Paladins to get some sort of "refund" from shielded hits, but what's the deal with bringing rage back here, or the already plentiful Runic Power, or hey even Energy? Or is that just a 2v2 buff here.

Edit again: If they open their eyes on how retarded Rapture is now, my disc build is likely to look like the usual 57/14 with a glyph of Penance, but yeah, not sure how heavily I can bank on that happening.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

15+ Year Old Account

As it is atm I would use a 56/15 disc build... But that means after the cleanup that I'm using a couple of points more that I am now to get up where others are. So so far its not a great frigging job from blizzard in buffing disc.

With the change to rapture its more than likely that you would "need" the improved healing talent for disc (its as said at least not possible to get right now unless you skip some important stuff in disc).
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.