Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: 3.1 Builds Thread

This is what I will be trying out for a PvE Shadow build

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...h=171119020305

Quote Originally Posted by Ineras
    This is what I will be trying out for a PvE Shadow build

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...h=171119020305
    Focussed mind has been shown mathematically to be a much better mana regen than IF - so depending how your mana is, you might be better placed to put that point there.

Not convinced by Imp V.E. and am also wary of life with absolutely no point in affinity. Tank threat is very good atm - but harder mode and boosts to DPS more than their TPS.....

We shall see. At least the build is pretty simple as a basic rule.

This is what im going with for Disc PvP
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...0&version=9614

and just curious..in a disc spec, how viable would it be to put ONLY 5 pts in the Shadow tree to get Imp Spirit Tap. Im thinkin the spirit and mana regen bonus just may be worth the 5pt investment, but im just not quite sure. Thoughts?

since no knowledge of how damage is going to be in uldar yet, here is what i think the "common" or "basic" spec's will look like (more or less, unless things change).

basic holy pve raiding spec, which will *probably* (since no knowledge of how damage is going to be in uldar yet):

*3 points in test of faith are a matter of choice, you can swap them to blessed ressliance + removing a point from Desperate prayer and picking up holy reach - this will be more effective to some holy that mainly and usually sticks to raid. I assume that if raid damage and tank damage will be as it was on sunwell gear at early wotlk (taking most if not all the raid under 50% HP) test of faith would be very noticable. Picking up lightwell and healing prayers is a matter of choice, i personally feel these talents are skipable for me. If i notice Surge of light procing 'too much', i would consider removing 1 point from there and removing the point from desperate prayer and geting holy reach. Desperate prayer is a great self heal atm, and saves me in desperate times, though i feel its a matter of personal prefrence as well.

glyphs for holy; i personaly would go for: Prayer of healing, circle of healing and the gaurdian spirit one. Again glyphs are matter of personal prefrences, if you use one spell more then another or rather 'buff' a specific spell - you can play without either one.

Basic discipline Pve Raiding spec:

don't freak out; omg 1 point in grace, yes the duration and damage reduction and increase healing effects is the same, it only gives you a 50% chance instead of 100%. assuming you'd go: penance + sheild + greater heal, or prom + sheild + greater heal + penance or sheild + penance + flash heal, choose what ever combination you want to, in what ever order you wish, if you are healing a MT grace will be up with 50%. Considering this is also personal prefrence and mainly for raiding you can take less points else where that seems less important for you: for example: the points in divine fury - many discipline priests then to skip greater heal for more bubbles from the flash heal, therefore, if your gamestyle doesn't include usage of greater heal and you prefer the flash you should pick other points instead (such as improved renew which is also not that amazing but good enough to pick), focused will is matter of personal prefrence - increase the throughput of your heals is nice, but not really nessecary for mitigating damage (although the crit's do create more bubbles).

*glyphs for discipline: i'd personally use sheild, penance and prayer of healing. Ofc again its a matter of personal prefrences, i don't feel that flash heal glyphed is important for the discipline's mana, also its nice to have a strong AoE heal that gives you the ability to easly switch to raid healing assignment (targetable poh that pops bubble's should be good enough, but also leaving a HoT that heals with the bubble is nice!).

Basic shadow pve spec:

2/3 in shadow weaving, simpley cause thats all you need for 100% uptime in encounters in raids (ofc if your pve doesn't allow you to maintain the buff up with 66% go for 3 points), you can switch points around acording to how you play, for example not picking maditation but geting innerfocus and veiled shadow's for example.

glyphs for shadow: i'd personally pick shadow form, shadow word: pain and death. Again matter of personal prefrences, geting additional 10 yards to mindflay is nice for raiding, though so far i haven't noticed there has been a problem within the 25y that requires a increase.

Pve specs only.

Quote Originally Posted by Lostprophet
    For getting imp vE:

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...3&version=9614

2/3 P&S, should be enough in theorie
    2/3 Focused Mind ; Depends on mana issues...i didnt had to use dispersion and or shadowfiend, so i guess with these two i wont have issues in ulduar.
    and if 1/3 F.M: should be enough to keep up mana so u can go for 3/3 P&S again.
    2/3 P&S is a no go... you can't expect 100% dps time in all encounters and as such 2/3 just doesnt cut it. Some examples include being mc'd on KT, ice blocked on sapph, the disease on grobbulus, etc etc etc. There is also the problem when you have to switch dps to adds and such, you simply won't have enough time for 2/3 P&S to be reliable, it's a bad idea.

Not sure if this spec will work very well... I stopped playing WoW about a year ago, but i keep up with everything and i came up with
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...h=121917060103
    Keep in mind that i have no clue how any of the new spells are working in PvP today.

My cookie cutter Holy build (sans glyphs):

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...3&version=9626

Pondering a more hybrid build as well:
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...3&version=9626

Quote Originally Posted by nikkita
    Basic discipline Pve Raiding spec:

don't freak out; omg 1 point in grace, yes the duration and damage reduction and increase healing effects is the same, it only gives you a 50% chance instead of 100%. assuming you'd go: penance + sheild + greater heal, or prom + sheild + greater heal + penance or sheild + penance + flash heal, choose what ever combination you want to, in what ever order you wish, if you are healing a MT grace will be up with 50%.
    First off, lemme tell you that sometimes you shift targets to help out someone else who's taking a beating. I know, sucks to be them. But hey, guess what, tank's bubbled but 100% hp, you have Borrowed Time, buddy's low on health. Tada, problem solved. You go back to the tank, and get RNG screwed over the next two casts and Grace falls off. Oh and it's not 3% damage, 6% healing anymore. It's 9% healing, the 3% damage is on all targets after you shield.

Considering this is also personal prefrence and mainly for raiding you can take less points else where that seems less important for you: for example: the points in divine fury - many discipline priests then to skip greater heal for more bubbles from the flash heal, therefore, if your gamestyle doesn't include usage of greater heal and you prefer the flash you should pick other points instead (such as improved renew which is also not that amazing but good enough to pick)
    [color=teal]Greater Heal for bubbles is terrible, it's mana inefficient, it doesn't have the thoroughput that glyphed-improved Flash Heal will. It was good with Inner Focus and/or Borrowed Time, but not a key portion of the playstyle. Ignoring Empowered Renew (seeing as we can't get that) Renew was a waste of mana for the same cost as roughly a Flash Heal: Flash does its heal *now*, can crit (ignoring Empowered Renew) and wastes the same amount of time (1 gcd vs 1.3 sec). Renew on paper does more, but that's only if all five(or four) ticks go off, and that's not likley.[/quote]

focused will is matter of personal prefrence - increase the throughput of your heals is nice, but not really nessecary for mitigating damage (although the crit's do create more bubbles).
    Yes.

*glyphs for discipline: i'd personally use sheild, penance and prayer of healing. Ofc again its a matter of personal prefrences, i don't feel that flash heal glyphed is important for the discipline's mana
    You do know the Rapture change is going to screw us over on mana right? You want that Flash heal as cheap as possible.
    also its nice to have a strong AoE heal that gives you the ability to easly switch to raid healing assignment (targetable poh that pops bubble's should be good enough, but also leaving a HoT that heals with the bubble is nice!).
    Except the HoT will still be sniped by a Holy Paladin with Bacon/Glyph of Holy Light, or Chain Heal, or Circle of Healing, or an overpoweredwtf Wild Growth. Our HoTs are only effective when they get to tick the full duration and in this state of the game, I don't see that happening.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

as i said: 1 point in grace is enough for healing MT, if you pve doesn't allow you to do it - you should go for two. something i repeatably said: some talents are matter of personal prefrence, some aren't. you have to get atleast 1 point in grace, you don't have to get 2 points, 1 is enough for MT healing, ofc 2 is better and you can chose the point from any other less important talent. especially with the 3% dmg reduction moving to raid when sheild is casted.

the endless argument about greater heal talented or not: the answer: who cares? as i wrote: you can easly pick up improved renew or any other not important talent, its point in order to get inspirtation - which is a must as a pve tank healer, an a huge plus above the paladin that cannot do it. it also increases the tanks mitigation (by granting more armor), and with enough crit you can keep it up on a MT easly. if you cannot see why get inspiration then don't, but when it comes to pve raiding you need to get inspiration for MT healing. what i said was: you can pick 5 points in divine fury, or easly switch em to else where. your reply: i'm right do as me skip those points. i have a hunch that most will agree with me on this: chose what ever you want as long as you get inspiration and 5% holy crit, the other 5 points is a way to get there you chose where (i chose in greater heal yet stated out its not a must and its only my choise because of how i play, i chose to have a faster greater heal just incase, sheilding pre sath 3d with twilight debuff on and geting a 1.9 sec greater heal that lands just as the breath does and finishing up with a penance - usually the flash isn't needed after but sometimes i cast one anyways just incase. i agree this is the only time i use greater heal so losing the points there will definetly not hurt me).

as i mentioned about glyph: you can play with either on. on ptr i feel no difference with and without the flash heal, i'm sorry to dissapoint your state that you'll go oom without a 60 mana reduction on flash heal. on the other hand, i also mentioned: its a matter of personal pefrences, you can swap either one of the glyphs into one that is more usefull. Same with the poh glyph - i will mention again it is very usefull, i don't know why you play with a holy paladin healing raid, thats not really the best option, and i can't really understand with a 8y range on that glyph that all the holy paladins healing tanks snipe you heal with the glyph, so all stand on boss? all are melee? i don't understand. having a extra hot for raid healing just gives the extra something to the discipline priest. if you dislike this idea you can save 60 mana from your flash heal.

(i know its something like 65.8 mana but still not impressing, but i still mentioned: if your personal prefrence is a cheaper flash heal you should take it over a different glyph, in your case since your obviously against poh glyph, then you should take flash heal glyph, since its more important for you. yet i must point out: not all find this glyph important in a raid pve).

this will be my disc pvp build.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...3&version=9614

i'm having a tough time deiciding between 3/3 silent resolve and 0/2 martyrdom or 1/3 silent resolve and 2/2 martyrdom, or 2/3 silent resolve and 1/2 marytrdom.

it really depends if the opposing team can dispel, or if i'm being targeted (which i usuallay am) so depending on how it plays out when this goes live, i'll be using 1 of those 3 comps of the talents....but it seems wastefull to not put 3/3 or 2/2 for either, 50% isn't realiable, and 10% (or 20%/30%) dispel resist isn't reliable as well.

I'm starting to wonder how much gold I will waste on accidentically spending points in Imp PW:S instead of Meditation.

Quote Originally Posted by Ananan
    I'm starting to wonder how much gold I will waste on accidentically spending points in Imp PW:S instead of Meditation.
    This is gonna throw alot of people off. I mean, they did it to link Soul Warding and Shield, but come on, why not put it on the other side? Why Reflective Shield there? Meh, that's just my annoyance-blerb-of-the-day.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Lucky you can put on the new "safe-spec" system in the display options, where you fill out the entire talent tree and then have to confirm it before it is set. If you cancel it you get all of your talent points back and can start again.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

@ Kelesti

First off, I agree about the 1 point in Grace. If one of the other healers starts to slack on the tank, I don't know about you, but I personally won't risk my tank for his. That's the job of the OTHER raid healers, I'm a tank healer, so 1 point in Grace will easily suffice, since I don't need to target any other tanks save the one I'm appointed to keep topped off and with as big of an Aegis as I can muster.

Secondly, about the GHeal comment. GH is, with 5/5 DF, until FH is talented AND Glyphed, MORE efficient manawise and shieldwise than FH. Period, end of story. With 2200 SP Raidbuffed, my FHs crit for ~6k-6.4k, GHs for ~12k-13k. My FH is a 1.31 cast, my GH is a 2.12 cast. FH is 625 mana, GH is 1171. With some quick math, you can see the following:

GH - 1171 for 13k crits with a ~4.2k Aegis, not only giving the tank powerful healing it might need on a boss like Hodir who melees for 25k, but also increasing his EHP by 4k.
    FH - 625 every 1.31 secs for 6.4k crits with a 1.9k Aegis, great for weaker hitting bosses that attack rapidly (Patchwerk comes to mind, and talking about his normal hits, not Hatefuls) since the shields are much weaker.

Both spells have their place, but saying GH is less mana efficient is incorrect unless speaking specifically on weak hitting bosses where your GHeal might not do any effective healing, and the shield comment ONLY applies if you are speaking of this patch where an Aegis will stack up to 10k HP on a lvl 80 tank. Either way, on bosses like Hodir, I'll PROBABLY be spamming GH with Penances every 6 secs, just like I do on Patch and Maly and Sarth, because they hit so hard and bursty, it's MUCH better to be safe than sorry. Also, I don't think Rapture is hit as hard as you think. And also, I do have a little faith in Blizz. I mean they fixed Ret, they're slowly but surely making Disc a VERY worthwhile PvE spec. Give them the benefit of the doubt that they are actually trying to fix the spec, and not just overnerfing it intentionally. They PROBABLY put the Rapture numbers up there as an overnerf to see how DPriests handle it and see if they can still do their job right.

On a side note: To those saying "OMG END OF THE WORLD RAPTURE MAKES DISC BAD ON REGEN": Watch the Hodir video on the main page. It's from the PoV of a Disc priest. Watch that Disc Priest's mana pool that entire fight, and honestly tell me you still think Rapture got overnerfed. And BTW, that's with 2 healers, a Holy and Disc priest. L2P, we are priests. Take the nerfs in stride and show others, we got nerfed but it didn't affect us none, we're still good enough to take the nerfs and still kick ass at our jobs.