Thread: thoughts?

thoughts?

hey duridz...I am just wondering on something...it's not to wine or QQ, just some words, and I would like to know how the community looks at it.

qoute from patchnotes :
    *New Spell* Savage Defense, 1 rank, level 40 - Each time you deal a melee critical strike, you gain Savage Defense, reducing the damage taken from the next physical attack that strikes you by 25% of your attack power.
    Talents

Survival of the Fittest (Tier 6) now increases your armor contribution from cloth and leather items in Bear Form and Dire Bear Form by 11/22/33%. (Previously 22/44/66%)

now those two should balance each other out, but.... for some reason I don't think its completly fair as in, half of the bonus armor to compensate for a new ''shield''?
    I am not great on digits but is it fair? tbh, the shield altho nicely found and a good thing, doesn't look so strong to compensate with the armor loss...

your thoughts? thanks

Re: thoughts?

welcome to warrior world (without parry).

this should discourage people from using Polar gear.

15+ Year Old Account

i never liked polar gear i prefer avoidene :P

but look around the baord u will find tons of topics about Savage Defence

overall it seems for AOE tanking its a nerf for single target tanking it depens its roughly the same as before
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Is savage defense only related to bear form? since the quote doesn't confirm this fully..

also im assuming that savage roar will be a passive skill?

Quote Originally Posted by Furicious
    Is savage defense only related to bear form? since the quote doesn't confirm this fully..

also im assuming that savage roar defense will be a passive skill?
    yeah it will be passive, and only in bearform as far as I know...
    but I don't see how this should discourage people from holding on to a piece of polar gear, ofc you'r not gonna use the full set, but hey I am still walking around with the boots... I don't see how this change should convince me to not wear it anymore? my overall avoidance is around 47 % self buffed and I walk around in 37 K with it...

15+ Year Old Account

Look in this forum for my thread called "Savage Defense math".
    It's on 2nd-3rd page at worst.

You'll see numbers there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.