Thread: Empowered Renew

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Empowered Renew

Quick question about this new talent.

Empowered Renew, Tier 9, 3 point talent - Your Renew spell gains an additional 5/10/15% of your bonus healing effects, and your Renew will instantly heal the target for 5/10/15% of the total periodic effect.

so to clarify: the "total periodic affect" is the total healing of renew? or 1 tick?

If this is posted elsewhere links are good.

halp.

Re: Empowered Renew

I'm pretty sure that total healing effect means the total healing of your renew spell(all the ticks). ;D

15% of a tick would be laughable
    I am indestructible.

Epic Noob's Vehicle

Technically, "total PERIODIC effect" does mean ONE single tick; however, 15% of a single tick seems pathetically low. I assume Blizz intends it to grant a percentage of the "total effect" and the tooltip is simply misleading. Of course, haven't tested this out on PTR yet, so someone who has should probably answer before we assume.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urti
    No, they (new-gen gamers) are happy. Never happier than when they are crying loudly about the injustices of voluntary forms of entertainment.

15+ Year Old Account

would say its the full amount healed by the renew, since on ptr my empowered renew healed some 12xx.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

15+ Year Old Account

Hm. GC did say that Riptide was fun to cast, and so was swiftmend.

Now with Empowered Renew our Renew is almost Riptide. I see "holy swiftness" in our future, same effect as swiftmend.

I kid, I kid. But no seriously, I want this talent now D:
    Mistweaver Monk | Holy Priest

Quote Originally Posted by SonsofDisaster
    Technically, "total PERIODIC effect" does mean ONE single tick
    Technically you're wrong. The duration of a single cast of renew defines its periodic effect. A single tick is just that...a single tick of a periodic effect.

I figured as much since 15% of (in my case, before the extra 15% from this talent) my renew ticks are around 2k (raidbuffed) is a whopping 300 healed lol.

It is worded poorly in my opinion, but regardless thanks for the responses.

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

It is 15% of the total healing done by Renew.

Also, this effect is able to critically hit and proc Holy Concentration.
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

its based on the full duration. Samething is devouring plague.

Question on critting renews:

Is it the entire spell that can crit, or is it the individual ticks that can crit?

Putting the new and empowered renew up on 12 raiders seems like a very decent way of creating a critical hit factory, allowing 100% uptime on Holy Concentration and a crapload of SoL procs.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

i think they mean the empowered renew heal, so not the ticks that can crit.

Quote Originally Posted by Danner
    Question on critting renews:

Is it the entire spell that can crit, or is it the individual ticks that can crit?

Putting the new and empowered renew up on 12 raiders seems like a very decent way of creating a critical hit factory, allowing 100% uptime on Holy Concentration and a crapload of SoL procs.
    Omg i forgot this... I think that only the initial burst will crit, however..

Renew ---> SoL/Clearcast ---> 0.9 sec Greater heal

I love my priest

i originally looked at it like it was blizzard's attempt to make holy more viable for pvp...

it works in the exact same way as shadow's improved devouring plague, only with a burst heal+hot, instead of a burst damage+dot

I think at least one point in this talent will be adviced unless you really never ever use Renew. Making it able to proc Holy Concentration and Surge of Light is huge.

Had a friend who got into the PTR test these things out. It's not really good news ^^

Can each tick in renew crit individually, or is it only the first tick that crits while the rest follow? No - only the first tick crits.
    Can each tick of renew proc Holy Concentration / Surge of Light? No

Can lightwell ticks crit? No
    Can lightwell ticks proc Holy Concentration / surge of light? No
    Can lightwell ticks used by others proc those talents on you? No

Can the prayer of healing glyph dot tick crit? No
    Can that one proc either talent? No

MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Quote Originally Posted by Aureliana
    Omg i forgot this... I think that only the initial burst will crit, however..

Renew ---> SoL/Clearcast ---> 0.9 sec Greater heal

I love my priest
    Holy Concentration (Tier 7) changed to: Your mana regeneration is increased by 16/32/50% for 8 sec after you critically heal with Flash Heal, Greater Heal, Binding Heal or Renew. (Previously had a chance to grant clearcasting effect)

Improved Holy Concentration (Tier 9) removed from the game.
    It will proc holy conc but as u can see you wont be getting any faster or free casts

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Danner
    Had a friend who got into the PTR test these things out. It's not really good news ^^

Can each tick in renew crit individually, or is it only the first tick that crits while the rest follow? No - only the first tick crits.
    Can each tick of renew proc Holy Concentration / Surge of Light? No

Can lightwell ticks crit? No
    Can lightwell ticks proc Holy Concentration / surge of light? No
    Can lightwell ticks used by others proc those talents on you? No

Can the prayer of healing glyph dot tick crit? No
    Can that one proc either talent? No

Ehm lol? We already knew that, thank you.

It was already discussed that only the initial healing of Renew can crit / procc SoL & HC. Also the other questions you answered were no brainers. Since there were no changes to Renew, Lightwell or PoH, why would those effects you mentioned suddenly be able to crit or procc SoL / HC?

Forgive me but it was kinda not clever of you to assume that you're questions are valid in any way. This is a clear case of "RTFM" (read the fucking manual). If you would have read the talents properly you wouldn't have to ask yourself those questions.
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

Fine, was news to me, I'm still stuck at PTR character copy. The real interesting question for me was whether all hots could crit or not now, and the nature of their application. Obviously having every the possibility of every tick critting would've been insane, and this is not really happening either. Enabling lightwell or the PoH glyph hots to crit was all valid questions, though as the answer was no, it did make the follow up questions moot, agreed.

So only the glyphed renew can crit?

kinda wondering sice Holy Conc says its triggered by Renew crits, would be a bit odd if you would have to have it gluphed for the HC to be able to procc....