Thread: Empowered Renew

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Empowered Renew

Quote Originally Posted by Zeelian
    So only the glyphed renew can crit?
    The glyph has nothing to do with crits.
    Empowered Renew talent grants renew a instant heal, which can crit and proc surge of light/Holy conc.
    What the Danners's friend tested i don't know, since it never got mentioned that lightwell, or Hots will be able to crit.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaesebrezen
    The glyph has nothing to do with crits.
    Empowered Renew talent grants renew a instant heal, which can crit and proc surge of light/Holy conc.
    What the Danners's friend tested i don't know, since it never got mentioned that lightwell, or Hots will be able to crit.
    Based on the info on Holy Cons in talent tree it would seem like renew will be able to crit.

Made me a bit confused when mixed with the rest of the stuff in the tread.

would be really sweet if each tic was able to crit independently

On a side note.

Personally i would love to see the glyph of renew redone to allow each tick to crit, instead of the 25% more healing per tick and reduced 3 seconds.

I don't think its to far fetched now considering that some DoT's can crit. Although they would probably have to put something in SoL to limit its procs.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Burning+Blade&cn=Ap%C3%A1che

I get the feeling renew will be use much more due to this talent. I play disc and tried for the second specc holy...and with empowered renew the instant first heal on renew always crit on me

Does anyone think that this talent may go well with the renew glyph so that u could have an insta-type heal more often?

Quote Originally Posted by jblaze66
    Does anyone think that this talent may go well with the renew glyph so that u could have an insta-type heal more often?
    Basiclly glyph of renew means a faster renew with the same amount of healing. I don't think it will affect the burst heal part of renew.

Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Also, this effect is able to critically hit and proc Holy Concentration.
    So far all my crits with renew didn't procced the holy conc effect. Poss, am i doing something wrong ?

It's bugged, they're gonna fix it.

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Zeelian
    Based on the info on Holy Cons in talent tree it would seem like renew will be able to crit.

Made me a bit confused when mixed with the rest of the stuff in the tread.

would be really sweet if each tic was able to crit independently
    NO!

The instant heal from the Empowered Renew talent can crit, Renew itself or any tick of it can't.

Is that so hard to understand? No priest HoT whatsoever can critically hit, except for the instant heal triggered by that talent.
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

Quote Originally Posted by Chillbro
    Technically you're wrong. The duration of a single cast of renew defines its periodic effect. A single tick is just that...a single tick of a periodic effect.
    I have to agree with you. Your correction of Sonsofdisaster is the same way I would look at it too. You never know with blizzard though...logic isn't ALWAYS their thing, as much as I love them lol.

This talent, the new Serendipity, and a few other things are on the verge converting this HARDCORE Discipline priest to the way of the Light! hahah!

EX - <PIE CHART> US TOP 10 Check 'em out http://piechart-guild.com/

Assuming this talent does 15% of the entire effect:

Base heal 1400.
    Base Coefficient 188%.
    Assuming 2000 Spell Power, 3/3 Improved Renew, 3/3 Empowered Renew and 5/5 Spiritual Healing.
    Unsure if Twin Disciplines would apply to this or not...

Empowered Renew Instant Heal:
    [1400 + (1.88 + 0.15) * 2000] * 1.15 * 1.10 * 0.15 = 1036

Empowered Renew Instant Heal Stats:
    265 + 0.385 * Spell Power
    Basically, it has a 38.5% Spell Power Coefficient

15+ Year Old Account

Twin Disciplines does affect it. It clearly states all healing done by instant cast spells.

So that'd be another 5% more healing increasing the spell power coeffecient to 39,5%, right?

It'll be a quite mandatory talent, even considering the HUGE drop of OO5SR mana regen from the patch. (I'm actually down from 880 mana regen to 530).

15+ Year Old Account

As i said before:

With every talent and glyph to power it up our Renew will be like Riptide. I think that's pretty cool although they could have made it like 25% of the effect as a direct heal. 15% results only in a ~1100-1200 heal at 2300 spellpower. It's still pretty weak for 3 points considering everyone has like 20k HP today.

I always appreciate people analyzing numbers, especially since im not on the PTR. I looked at some of your numbers for renew but i have to say i have some concerns.

I just did some quick tests on live. I just took off fort, reapplied it, and then cast renew to see what the first tick was.

On live unbuffed I'm around 2k sp with 1/3 in imp renew, 5/5 in spiritual healing, and 5/5 in Twin disciplines, and no renew glyph. My renew ticks for around 1230. According to your numbers Improved renew (assuming 3/3) should be ticking around 950. If your numbers are right, how will my renew go down (280 per tick) if i put 2 more points in imp renew?

If the numbers on the low end (just imp renew, not glyph and empowered renew) are not correct, then one would assume that buffing up renew is more powerful than your numbers state.

My only thought is that you didn't put points in twin discipline or spiritual healing when testing.

If there is something I'm missing please let me know but i just cant understand how these numbers add up, unless to compensate for a better renew blizz lowered the base renew or something.

In interest of simplicity I didn't assume Twin Disciplines and only assumed Spiritual Healing. Since its multiplicative, the overall plot of spell remains unchanged.

Cool, thank you for the info. Nice clean graphs btw.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by derevka
    In interest of simplicity I didn't assume Twin Disciplines and only assumed Spiritual Healing. Since its multiplicative, the overall plot of spell remains unchanged.
    Your numbers are not very accurate:

I've tested it on the PTR with

5/5 Twin Disciplines
    3/3 Improved Renew
    3/3 Empowered Renew
    5/5 Spiritual Healing
    3/3 Blessed Resilience (this gives 3% more heal now)
    Glyph of Renew
    ~2300 spellpower (2289 to be exact)

It healed for about 1200, which is pretty accurate if you check it via the formula mentioned above. Your graph says that it should heal for about 1700, which would be 500 more. I think you should review your numbers and repost correct ones before people start using your, obviously wrong, assumptions.

You didn't even account for TD in your math, meaning your numbers are that high without even considering every single talent that would affect it. Not very convincing.

Blessed resilience tooltip says increases effectiveness by 1/2/3%

while the other talents says it affects the amount healed

Does this mean that blessed resilience makes spell scale better with spell power or is it the same ? and do anny of the healing talents stack in anny way ?
    Behind every great man there is a surprised lady.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Hallex
    Blessed resilience tooltip says increases effectiveness by 1/2/3%

while the other talents says it affects the amount healed

Does this mean that blessed resilience makes spell scale better with spell power or is it the same ? and do anny of the healing talents stack in anny way ?
    Code:
    Apply Aura: Mod Healing Done % (127)
    Value: 3
    I guess that means it simply affects the amount healed, nothing else.

Yes, healing talents stack. Are you a priest? If so, you should know this...