Re: Empowered Renew

Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Your numbers are not very accurate:

I've tested it on the PTR with

5/5 Twin Disciplines
    3/3 Improved Renew
    3/3 Empowered Renew
    5/5 Spiritual Healing
    3/3 Blessed Resilience (this gives 3% more heal now)
    Glyph of Renew
    ~2300 spellpower (2289 to be exact)

It healed for about 1200, which is pretty accurate if you check it via the formula mentioned above. Your graph says that it should heal for about 1700, which would be 500 more. I think you should review your numbers and repost correct ones before people start using your, obviously wrong, assumptions.

You didn't even account for TD in your math, meaning your numbers are that high without even considering every single talent that would affect it. Not very convincing.
    Ven - thanks for the notice, I checked my excel sheet I made and I realized I had an extra multiple being counted. (boo for doing work on my blog and getting interrupted by a conference call at work! HA).I've already posted a retraction. Though I still think since its just a multiple change, the plot itself is still valid visually while not numerically.

Though I do have to admit you came off less than kind in your reply.

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Yeah, i guess i was a little rude, sorry :>

Visually it's very good, yes
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

since they stack how do they stack is it 10% first and downwards or is it ( personal favorite) 3% first and upwards ?
    Behind every great man there is a surprised lady.

NP, I appreciate the noted correction in fact.

But Yeah the plot graph itself visually is correct, since its multiplicative not an additive mistake.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Hallex
    since they stack how do they stack is it 10% first and downwards or is it ( personal favorite) 3% first and upwards ?
    Getting OT. You should really create another thread or read the priest manual ;>

Your right will try to keep it to topic.

when you cast renew you cast a hot and with empowered it's also a instant heal. will this affect trinket procs ? like circel of healing is 5 spells

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Hallex
    Your right will try to keep it to topic.

when you cast renew you cast a hot and with empowered it's also a instant heal. will this affect trinket procs ? like circel of healing is 5 spells
    Well i don't see why it shouldn't. Are you referring to a specific trinket?

Hehe, and the proc on the healer legendary.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

these are some of the trinkets i had in mind

Talisman of Troll Divinity

Embrace of the Spider

Forethought Talisman

15+ Year Old Account

The Empowered Renew heal should procc those, yes.

ok thanks =)

I did some extensive testing on Emp Renew This weekend.

The initial heal can proc:

Forethought Talisman
    Jet'ze's Bell
    Embrace of the Spider
    Soul of the Dead

Those are all I really have that have a "on heal" component. but I would say it is safe to assume that any "oh heal, or direct heal" would proc the trinket's effect.

Ok, so I am going insane trying to work out the Empowered Renew Calc.

Lets also assume Twin Disciplines(5%), Imp Renew(15%), and Spiritual Healing (10%) are all maxed out., while Empowered Renew adds to the base healing of the spell 15% of your total SP.

Also Max Rank Renew heals for 1400 with a 188% SP coefficient

So...

Non Glyphed Empowered Renew Tick = ((Base Healing of Renew + (Spellpower*.15)+(Spellpower*1.88))*1.05*1.15*1.1)/5

Its not matching my PTR numbers for some reason, on the PTR I had 2465 SP, but and was getting 1750 ticks, but with that calc I should only be getting 1702 ticks. Where am I going wrong with my assumptions?

I don't know anything about this sort of calculations, but since it seems like you are missing about 3%, are you sure that you didn't have Blessed Resilience?

Actually, from looking at similar talents that work with the coefficients on spells it looks like the coefficient shouldn't go from 1.88 + 0.15 = 2.03 but to 1.88 * 1.15 = 2.162 (assuming wowwiki has those things right).

It still doesn't work out with your calculations though, so I have to guess that you don't apply the talent-bonuses correctly. Not that I know how to do it.

Empowered talents increase the spell coefficient, which is basically a weight telling how much this spell benefit from spellpower.
    Prior to 3.0, empowered talents were added (+15%) to the coefficient, but after 3.0, they are multiplied (*115%).

For renew, this means that your 188% base coefficient is multiplied by the additional 115% from empowered renew, bringing you up to a 216.2% spell coefficient.

Any other multiply modifier bonuses are however still summarized together into one number before applied to the final result.
    This means: Twin Disciplines, Spiritual Healing, and Improved Renew are all added together giving you a 30% bonus in total.

Formula is as follows:

total output = (base + (spellpower * coefficient) ) * multiplier
    For renew, you have
    base = 1400, taken from the spell tooltip
    spellpower = 2465, taken from your character sheet
    coefficient = 2.162, given by multiplying the internal renewnumber 188% (found on wowwiki) by 115% (benefit from this talent).
    multiplier = 1.30, just add every multiplier bonus together.

Calculate that, and you end up with renew healing for 8748.129 healing over 5 ticks, or 1749.626 healing per tick. Which is what you are seeing.

With the glyph, renew will heal for 2187 healing per tick, but only for 4 ticks.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

It seems that with only the first tick of renew being able to crit, the renew glyph is going to become more appealing. If you have the glyph you'll have a better chance per time window to proc HC and SoL since you would be foolish to overwrite your renews just to try to proc the talents. This assumes that you recast renew on a target as often as it runs out.

Took a while for me to realise this as I'm not on the PTR, but renew does not crit at all, not even the first tick.
    It's the instant healing that the Empowered Renew talent is giving you that can crit.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Quote Originally Posted by Danner
    Took a while for me to realise this as I'm not on the PTR, but renew does not crit at all, not even the first tick.
    It's the instant healing that the Empowered Renew talent is giving you that can crit.
    Did you actually read the thread b4 u posted?

Quote Originally Posted by Saint
    Did you actually read the thread b4 u posted?
    I believe he was the one who just posted the formula. Don't be an ass it just makes u look stupid.

And yes the glyph does increase your chances of procing HC and SoL assuming your not overhealing and assuming you need to keep renews rolling on people.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Burning+Blade&cn=Ap%C3%A1che