PVE Enhancement Spec in 3.1

Thoughts?

Re: PVE Enhancement Spec in 3.1

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?sham...0&version=9614

notes:
    pretty standard, the pve talents dictate the cookie cutter build
    the changes to unleashed rage and imp stormstrike gave me 3 extra talent points to take improved shields, which I don't take in 3.08 live.
    i left 1 point in imp stormstrike, 50% chance to proc the mana return is more than enough, and probably can skip this too.

divided

I will probably do what was posted above sans points in Imp SS. I'll just throw the extra one into Ancestral Knowledge as long as mana remains no problem.

Tremulants build looks like a good standard build. Can take points out of Enhancing Totems and Improved Windfury Totem if you have others in the raid that take care of those buffs (which I don't usually).

Over at EJ forums they are saying Imp stormstrike is more of a PvP talent though I will be putting 1 point in it as it will help me a lot in PvE. My guild doesn't run 25 mans on a regular basis and in 10 mans I have severe mana problems on trash and on a rare occasion, a boss. We still don't know how the nerfs to mana regen will effect us so Imp stormstrike might actually become required for PvE though I think 1 point is more than enough.

Another option is to max out AK, though I don't know if that is more beneficial than getting Imp Shields.

divided

I won't be using WF glyph either. I have been using FT/LS/SS since they nerfed it down to only 2% proc rate and took off the 30% damage and the FT glyph is doing fine.

I think I will go for this one:

I think that AP is more important then 5% extra totem damage.
    In raid you will get buffed with int, agil etc more then when soloing or go for 5 or 10 man. And I think the 3% more agi and 10% more int will give you a nice AP boost better then 5% totem damage.

/Peepwood

Quote Originally Posted by peepwood
    I think I will go for this one:

I think that AP is more important then 5% extra totem damage.
    In raid you will get buffed with int, agil etc more then when soloing or go for 5 or 10 man. And I think the 3% more agi and 10% more int will give you a nice AP boost better then 5% totem damage.

/Peepwood

i would disagree, on a given raid night, on all bosses, my magma totem is generaly the highest damaging skill i have besides white damage, as high as 16% of my total damage done. thats on single target bosses. AP is a pretty lackluster stat for us these days, if you MUST choose between AK and call of flame, CoF all the way.

however, if you have a frost DK in your raid, you can just move the points out of imp WF totem and get both, thats what i will do ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Abremm
    i would disagree, on a given raid night, on all bosses, my magma totem is generaly the highest damaging skill i have besides white damage, as high as 16% of my total damage done. thats on single target bosses. AP is a pretty lackluster stat for us these days, if you MUST choose between AK and call of flame, CoF all the way.
    AP is definately NOT a lackluster stat and AP contributes to a HUGE portion of our DPS. AK, is a lackluster talent though because it's gains are rather minimal

Quote Originally Posted by Abremm

however, if you have a frost DK in your raid, you can just move the points out of imp WF totem and get both, thats what i will do ;D
    http://wowwebstats.com/3dcfwfvzwe321?a=x21d838f

so yeah Magma totem is a good part of our damage like you say, why its important to buff that stat if you can. Our build really wont change very much at all, I will be putting 3 points into UR just for the agi bonus which = more AP = more damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneleg
    http://wowwebstats.com/3dcfwfvzwe321?a=x21d838f

so yeah Magma totem is a good part of our damage like you say, why its important to buff that stat if you can. Our build really wont change very much at all, I will be putting 3 points into UR just for the agi bonus which = more AP = more damage.
    I agree.