Blood Boil 4% +?
    Pestilence 4% +?
    Death and Decay 4.75% +?
    Frost Fever 5.5% +?
    Blood Plague 5.5% +?
    Unholy Blight 1.3% +?
    Icy Touch 10% +?
    Gargoyle Strike 40% +150

Yes all those stats were taking from http://elitistjerks.com/f72/t37087-u...dps_discussion

I am Blood 51/13/7

My DPS has been bumped up thanks to you guys

i need some help i have capped hit and 852 str (working on getting more)

Do about 2200 DPS 10 mans. And i was wondering if i could push more

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ammer&n=Brunne -- Armory

Re: DK DPS --- What stats do you need???

First up, take a look at the post date. EJ has a tendency to stick with the first authoritative data, even if new data comes in to play later. This is even more true of the EJ links people post: even if there's new discussion, people stick with old posts (because they've seen the link floating around).

These numbers are several patches old, and if you look closer, are based almost exclusively on Beta data. They also ignore diminished returns (particularly important since DR factors off your effective %'s, not rating from gear, so if you're getting a ton of expertise from your spec you'll hit DR on expertise rating sooner).

Taking a quick gander at your gear, you can afford to drop a bit of hit rating, and I'd suggest taking a look at options to pick up more AP and crit (both a bit low). Some standout "replace me" slots are your sigil, bracers, gloves, belt, pants, boots, first ring, and first trinket.

Spec-wise, I'd ask how much mileage you're getting out of your current Frost investments. You've spent 10 points on Icy Touch spam. Are you actually using Icy Touch that much? It almost seems like you're going out of your way to avoid "tank talents", even if it means essentially wasting points. 5 points in Toughness is going to be more useful (live longer, more AP from Bladed Armor) than Black Ice (unless the shadow damage buff goes through), and Glacier Rot is pure waste. You'd get more use out of 2 points in Icy Reach than Glacier Rot, especially if you pvp at all. In the Blood tree, Rune Tap is going to be more helpful than one point in Scent of Blood.
    Wow Forum accomplishment: autobanned for using the following phrase:
    My therapist notes my intrapersonal skills suffer from love of the grape.

Deleted

Your pants, chest and shoulders aren't enchanted.

You have bad bracers - get a blacksmith to make you new ones. The crafted bracers are excellent.

Crusaders locket is quite bad too, you can get better from various soloable quests.

Replace the meta in your helmet to the chaotic one (3% crit damage)

Regem your gloves, chest and belt with str in every socket. Even green quality ones (3g on ah) are better than the ones with stamina, agility and haste. You will lose some hit but are overcapped anyway and still will be.

Max your inscription.

Consider dropping mining. If you need gold get herbalism instead (herbs sell better and it will help your inscription). If you want to do more dps, get jewelcrafting, alchemy or blacksmithing.

Quote Originally Posted by Gestalt
    First up, take a look at the post date. EJ has a tendency to stick with the first authoritative data, even if new data comes in to play later. This is even more true of the EJ links people post: even if there's new discussion, people stick with old posts (because they've seen the link floating around).

These numbers are several patches old, and if you look closer, are based almost exclusively on Beta data. They also ignore diminished returns (particularly important since DR factors off your effective %'s, not rating from gear, so if you're getting a ton of expertise from your spec you'll hit DR on expertise rating sooner).

Taking a quick gander at your gear, you can afford to drop a bit of hit rating, and I'd suggest taking a look at options to pick up more AP and crit (both a bit low). Some standout "replace me" slots are your sigil, bracers, gloves, belt, pants, boots, first ring, and first trinket.

Spec-wise, I'd ask how much mileage you're getting out of your current Frost investments. You've spent 10 points on Icy Touch spam. Are you actually using Icy Touch that much? It almost seems like you're going out of your way to avoid "tank talents", even if it means essentially wasting points. 5 points in Toughness is going to be more useful (live longer, more AP from Bladed Armor) than Black Ice (unless the shadow damage buff goes through), and Glacier Rot is pure waste. You'd get more use out of 2 points in Icy Reach than Glacier Rot, especially if you pvp at all. In the Blood tree, Rune Tap is going to be more helpful than one point in Scent of Blood.
    Actually, Xyrm has been relatively good about keeping the first post updated with generally the most current info that's been floating around the community and the thread itself. You have only to look at the talent spec that's linked in the OP on it- it's nothing like the build that was linked when the thread was first posted. If you scroll to the bottom of the first post in that thread, you can see that Xyrm has updated it as recently as 2/13/09.

Having said that, it IS a good idea to keep that sort of thing in the back of your head as you look for information. Having discoursed with Xyrm relatively recently in that thread, the stat weights should still be pretty accurate for 3.09, though they are for your personal dps, not including pet. There are some modified weights around that include that as well, such as for Unholy (just an example), the general thinking for the weight of strength including your pet since it's out almost 100% of the time is that it's more like 2.85.

Quote Originally Posted by Saram
    Consider dropping mining. If you need gold get herbalism instead (herbs sell better and it will help your inscription). If you want to do more dps, get jewelcrafting, alchemy or blacksmithing.
    Jewelcrafting is it hard to level? cause im looking for a new profession and i heard about the bracers yes yes i no i dont need defence but i used to tank so when i changed gear i didnt get new bracers, none dropped. But once the BS in my guild gets on for naxx im gonna ask him to make the sorinite bracers. Because they did look really nice. And Ironicly the BS is also the enchanter =P so i have the mats for everything i wanted. I was gonna get the +10 stats to chest, but im not sure what i should get for my legs. Cause i run UP to try to get those staggering leggings.

Quote Originally Posted by retart411
    Jewelcrafting is it hard to level?
    I'd say it's probably the hardest, strictly from a "mat availability" standpoint. You aren't going to find the mass amounts of old gems that you'll need on the AH, so the easiest way is to start prospecting thorium ore which isn't cheap. Even at that, there isn't always thorium ore on the AH. If you were thinking of going this route (and aren't loaded), head to the hives in silithus and mine yourself a ton of thorium before you drop mining. Then, go mine yourself a bunch of fel iron or adamantite, because you'll need the green gems...and apparently those are rare these days. You'll thank me for it later.

Despite this, it is easily my favorite profession, and it is obviously fantastic for stats right now.

well the JC in my guild says if he plays for like 2 hours and just sits in dalaran saying on tradeing Cutting any gems for 10g hell make atleast 200. And i thought that was crazy....

Well...that's pretty much the worst way to make money with JC...but it still works.

I generally buy 500ish gold worth of saronite ore a day, prospect it, cut the gems, and have 1000+g in my mailbox the next morning. It's insanely profitable, and one of the main reasons why I lol at people who don't have any gold.

Jewelcrafting is it hard to level? cause im looking for a new profession and i heard about the bracers yes yes i no i dont need defence but i used to tank so when i changed gear i didnt get new bracers, none dropped. But once the BS in my guild gets on for naxx im gonna ask him to make the sorinite bracers. Because they did look really nice. And Ironicly the BS is also the enchanter =P so i have the mats for everything i wanted. I was gonna get the +10 stats to chest, but im not sure what i should get for my legs. Cause i run UP to try to get those staggering leggings.
    Get the Vengeance Bindings crafted, not the saronite ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Elektrik
    Well...that's pretty much the worst way to make money with JC...but it still works.

I generally buy 500ish gold worth of saronite ore a day, prospect it, cut the gems, and have 1000+g in my mailbox the next morning. It's insanely profitable, and one of the main reasons why I lol at people who don't have any gold.

you would lol at me with the amount of Gold dropped on items and Proffestions. was alchemy before Isctripsion, but dropped it so i could get inscripsion. But i dropped a buntch of gold on that i have 160gold right now

Quote Originally Posted by Bullshifter
    Get the Vengeance Bindings crafted, not the saronite ones.
    Whats the mats, Cause if its titansteel bar im gonna be pissed. Do you no how many i had to buy for my mace....

They're inexpensive, 12 saronite bars, and 1 eternal fire. And the bracers are hard to replace until in Naxx 25, I'm still wearing them.

edit- i r gud spelr

Thank god for farming winter grasp ;D I got so many eternal fires along with many of honor kills. Sorinite wont be hard to get il ask some miners i no. thanks though do you no the BS skilled needed to make them?

Thank god for farming winter grasp ;D I got so many eternal fires along with many of honor kills. Sorinite wont be hard to get il ask some miners i no. thanks though do you no the BS skilled needed to make them?

Looks like 420 skill. Wowhead is your friend

Deleted

All the information you need on items and how to get them is on www.wowhead.com

They will even rank items for you. Although their ranking is tentative it is at least a list of items worth considering, and you can change the weighting if you do find it inaccurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullshifter

Looks like 420 skill. Wowhead is your friend
    I use WoWhead but im in school its blocked MMO isnt :P
    So i asked but thanks ;D
    Quote Originally Posted by Saram
    All the information you need on items and how to get them is on www.wowhead.com

They will even rank items for you. Although their ranking is tentative it is at least a list of items worth considering, and you can change the weighting if you do find it inaccurate.
    Same thing.

I find lootrank.com or maxdps.com (even though the latter still isn't reflecting the 8% hit cap) to be more helpful than wowhead with regard to ranking things and whatnot. Wowhead seems more useful to me as just an informational database.

Just to note that for PvE DPS you are looking for a blacksmith to make Vengeance Bindings, not the Savage Saronite Bracers which are also craftable plate bracers.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulver
    Just to note that for PvE DPS you are looking for a blacksmith to make Vengeance Bindings, not the Savage Saronite Bracers which are also craftable plate bracers.
    Already stated that =D