Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1

    improved silence

    Your silence spell now stuns the target for 2.5/5 seconds.

    Make it happen, blizzard.

  2. #2

    Re: improved silence

    in a way, it sort of gimps the silence effect.

    make blackout a baseline spell. stuns for 5 seconds, 1 minute CD.

  3. #3
    Scarab Lord AetherMcLoud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    My own private hell
    Posts
    4,166

    Re: improved silence

    Quote Originally Posted by Raige
    make blackout a baseline spell. stuns for 5 seconds, 1 minute CD.
    This. Simple and easy. Does away with like 80% of our pvp woes.
    I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite signature on the forum.

  4. #4

    Re: improved silence

    Sure. I'd be in favor of an extra ability which stuns, as well. I just thought it'd be more reasonable not to give the priest the ability to fear/silence/stun for 20 seconds of non-DR control. I figured the stun effect and silence effect could be separate debuffs. This way, it just makes silence usable against the rogue who's rocking our world. But, i'll take yours if they'll let me have it, haha.

  5. #5

    Re: improved silence

    If we had Tier 1 Shadow talent that stuns for 5 seconds.. who would EVER kill a disc priest? A controllable stun in caster's hands is probably seen as OP in dev's eyes. However, it'll take time to check what new Unbreakable Will improves and how new Dispersion will "help" us.

  6. #6

    Re: improved silence

    to be quite honest, i wouldnt complain about dispersion if it looked more like dark samus' dispersion from MP2 and less like an accident.

    sorry, felt like getting that off my chest.

  7. #7
    Scarab Lord AetherMcLoud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    My own private hell
    Posts
    4,166

    Re: improved silence

    Quote Originally Posted by syanid
    If we had Tier 1 Shadow talent that stuns for 5 seconds.. who would EVER kill a disc priest? A controllable stun in caster's hands is probably seen as OP in dev's eyes. However, it'll take time to check what new Unbreakable Will improves and how new Dispersion will "help" us.
    Casters with controllable stuns:

    Mages? Check
    Paladins? Check
    Moonkins and Restodruids? Moonkins still have uncontrolled stuns, and Roots + Cyclone is CC galore already.
    Warlocks? Talent, but check. AOE even.

    So (Holy) Paladins have bubble + cleanse everything besides curses + a stun on a 1min cd, yet IT WOULD TOTALLY BE OVERPOWERED if priests get a stun? Go figure...
    I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite signature on the forum.

  8. #8

    Re: improved silence

    The mage controlled stun is a 51 point talent that does nothing in PVE and requires the target to already be crowd controlled, it should be pointed out.
    Impact is a random stun which is more than likey going to be removed in exchange for something else, as blizzard have not changed the fire tree at all despite specifically promising changes to that tree for PVP.

    Also, Frost Desth Knights get Hungering Cold, an AoE stun which has been moved down to the 31 point talent.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

  9. #9
    Scarab Lord AetherMcLoud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    My own private hell
    Posts
    4,166

    Re: improved silence

    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    The mage controlled stun is a 51 point talent that does nothing in PVE and requires the target to already be crowd controlled, it should be pointed out.
    Impact is a random stun which is more than likey going to be removed in exchange for something else, as blizzard have not changed the fire tree at all despite specifically promising changes to that tree for PVP.

    Also, Frost Desth Knights get Hungering Cold, an AoE stun which has been moved down to the 31 point talent.
    Still mages already have a shitload of CC and they get even more with the 51 pointer. I'd gladly trade dispersion for a controlled stun.

    Also Hungering Cold is an Incapacitate (that doesn't break on disease damage) rather than a stun.
    I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite signature on the forum.

  10. #10

    Re: improved silence

    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    The mage controlled stun is a 51 point talent that does nothing in PVE and requires the target to already be crowd controlled, it should be pointed out.
    Don't forget Dragons Breath.

    Arcane mages are the only ones without a stun, but they have Slow, which is better than the stun of either of the other two specs IMO.

  11. #11

    Re: improved silence

    Dragon's Breath is a Disorient effect like Blind, not a stun. You cannot blink out of it.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

  12. #12
    Scarab Lord AetherMcLoud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    My own private hell
    Posts
    4,166

    Re: improved silence

    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    Dragon's Breath is a Disorient effect like Blind, not a stun. You cannot blink out of it.
    Disorient, Incapacitate, Slow, Stun, I don't care. It helps them get away from melee. It is EXACTLY what we lack. A way to get away from the bad guys and, pardon, get to da choppa!
    I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite signature on the forum.

  13. #13

    Re: improved silence

    Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    Casters with controllable stuns:

    Mages? Check
    Paladins? Check
    Moonkins and Restodruids? Moonkins still have uncontrolled stuns, and Roots + Cyclone is CC galore already.
    Warlocks? Talent, but check. AOE even.

    So (Holy) Paladins have bubble + cleanse everything besides curses + a stun on a 1min cd, yet IT WOULD TOTALLY BE OVERPOWERED if priests get a stun? Go figure...
    Hhmmmm Paladin a caster? Wow that is new. Paladin is a melee class not a caster class. So that is 1 point of your list.

    Mages yes but only when a person has either a frostbite, frost nova or fingers of frost. So it's a conditional stun.

    So the only REAL caster that has a controlable stun is the warlock. But the warlock has no silence, interrupts, snares or damage reducing effects if he specs destruction.

    BTW priest should not complain. They have AOE fear on 30 sec cd, shields, damage reducing effects and silence lol that kind of beats a 1 minute stun and a bubble on a 5 minute cooldown like any other day.

    Still mages already have a shitload of CC and they get even more with the 51 pointer. I'd gladly trade dispersion for a controlled stun.

    Also Hungering Cold is an Incapacitate (that doesn't break on disease damage) rather than a stun.
    You seem to forget that mages have a shitload of CC's because mages can't heal. If you want anymore CC as a priest you need to give up healing. Period!

  14. #14

    Re: improved silence

    Quote Originally Posted by Blooddeity
    Hhmmmm Paladin a caster? Wow that is new. Paladin is a melee class not a caster class. So that is 1 point of your list.
    Holy paladin.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blooddeity
    Mages yes but only when a person has either a frostbite, frost nova or fingers of frost. So it's a conditional stun.
    only when? 80% of the top mages are frost, they have it. end of story.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blooddeity
    So the only REAL caster that has a controlable stun is the warlock. But the warlock has no silence, interrupts, snares or damage reducing effects if he specs destruction.
    They have a pet that silence, or interupts, or stuns. Depending on the pet.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blooddeity
    BTW priest should not complain. They have AOE fear on 30 sec cd, shields, damage reducing effects and silence lol that kind of beats a 1 minute stun and a bubble on a 5 minute cooldown like any other day.
    If you trinket my fear, I am dead. If you haven't tried it, do it and see if you live another 30 sec. (which is btw lower with talents and pvp gloves, but still doesn't help)

    Quote Originally Posted by Blooddeity
    You seem to forget that mages have a shitload of CC's because mages can't heal. If you want anymore CC as a priest you need to give up healing. Period!
    Glyph of Evocation. Try it! And the scond I switch form i lose tons of survival (even more in 3.1). Third, if you do a lot of healing, you will not do a lot of damage. Then it would be better just to spec disc or holy from the start, as those specs actually can do some damage and a lot more healing.


  15. #15
    Scarab Lord AetherMcLoud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    My own private hell
    Posts
    4,166

    Re: improved silence

    Quote Originally Posted by Blooddeity
    Hhmmmm Paladin a caster? Wow that is new. Paladin is a melee class not a caster class. So that is 1 point of your list.
    Oh yeah of course. All those holy paladins that pwn in arena do nothing but run around and hit stuff with their melee 1handed weapon. NOT!

    Mages yes but only when a person has either a frostbite, frost nova or fingers of frost. So it's a conditional stun.
    Conditional, yes. Controlled, yes. Also they have a SHITLOAD of other CC. Their stun is just the topping on the cake.

    So the only REAL caster that has a controlable stun is the warlock. But the warlock has no silence, interrupts, snares or damage reducing effects if he specs destruction.

    BTW priest should not complain. They have AOE fear on 30 sec cd, shields, damage reducing effects and silence lol that kind of beats a 1 minute stun and a bubble on a 5 minute cooldown like any other day.
    You seem to forget that mages have a shitload of CC's because mages can't heal. If you want anymore CC as a priest you need to give up healing. Period!
    So it's ok for warlocks to have a controllable aoe stun because they have no silence or snare? They have interrupts (felhound) mind you.

    And it's not ok for shadowpriests to have a stun because they have silence but no interrupt or snare?

    Either you're fucking trolling, or you're out of your mind.

    I don't care about disc (which while still needing help especially against poisons, still does good), so give us a controlled stun that is just usable in shadowform. Problem solved.
    I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite signature on the forum.

  16. #16

    Re: improved silence

    Holy paladin.
    Even a holy paladin is still primarily a melee class. The only thing that is different between a holy paladin and the other specs is holy shock, which is instant. The only things paladins are actually casting are heals. Damage is either instant or via melee. The paladin is a melee class that has a few instant spells at his disposal and therefore can't be classified as a caster. You could only say a melee-caster hybrid, but then we are allready straving away from full casters.

    only when? 80% of the top mages are frost, they have it. end of story.
    Then still it's only a conditional stun, certain circumstances are needed for it to work, and besides using frost nova they are RNG elements.

    They have a pet that silence, or interupts, or stuns. Depending on the pet.
    There you go, all again conditional, not controllable.

    If you trinket my fear, I am dead. If you haven't tried it, do it and see if you live another 30 sec. (which is btw lower with talents and pvp gloves, but still doesn't help)
    Then you are giving yourself very little credit, if you can honestly say that you can't survive for 30 seconds if trinket is used on fear then you need to get more hp or resi. Based on 1v1 ofc.

    Glyph of Evocation. Try it! And the scond I switch form i lose tons of survival (even more in 3.1). Third, if you do a lot of healing, you will not do a lot of damage. Then it would be better just to spec disc or holy from the start, as those specs actually can do some damage and a lot more healing.
    8 second channeling on 2 minute cooldown only healing 60% of max hp. If that was your only healing ability then yes you could have more CC i agree, oh and guess what mages do

    And it's not ok for shadowpriests to have a stun because they have silence but no interrupt or snare?

    Either you're fucking trolling, or you're out of your mind.
    No I am not out of my mind and i am not trolling. It's just absurd for everyone to want to have a stun, fear and interrupt/silence. They might as well just give all classes a stun a fear and a interrupt/silence and also an MS effect and then welcome to the world of counterstrikecraft.

  17. #17

    Re: improved silence

    They have a pet that silence, or interupts, or stuns. Depending on the pet.
    There you go, all again conditional, not controllable.
    it IS controllable... u can tell that god damn pet 2 silence / interrupt / stun
    (if the wl is not dumb he can dispell magic on him self with that pet.. like fear stuns dots... this works while he is STUNNED )
    Quote Originally Posted by Fujiama
    What's the worst thing about playing a Paladin?
    Having to tell your parents that you're gay.

  18. #18

    Re: improved silence

    Quote Originally Posted by Blooddeity
    You seem to forget that mages have a shitload of CC's because mages can't heal. If you want anymore CC as a priest you need to give up healing. Period!
    That arguement goes right out the door with druids.


  19. #19

    Re: improved silence

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Coot
    That arguement goes right out the door with druids.

    I do agree that druids have a way too powerful CC ability for a healing class, on that we can agree. I would love to see cyclone go out the door.

  20. #20
    Scarab Lord AetherMcLoud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    My own private hell
    Posts
    4,166

    Re: improved silence

    Dude, grow some argumentation balls... your so-called arguments are all void.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blooddeity
    Even a holy paladin is still primarily a melee class. The only thing that is different between a holy paladin and the other specs is holy shock, which is instant. The only things paladins are actually casting are heals. Damage is either instant or via melee. The paladin is a melee class that has a few instant spells at his disposal and therefore can't be classified as a caster. You could only say a melee-caster hybrid, but then we are allready straving away from full casters.
    Just quit the pettifoggery. Saying Holy Paladins are primarly a melee class is akin to saying Shadowpriests are primarly a healing class, Moonkins are primarly a melee class (OMG they regain mana from melee!), Resto Shamans are primarly a melee class (OMG they have weapon enchants and strength/agi totems!). Every one of those statements are simply wrong.

    Holy Paladins are casters just like Priests, Elemental and Resto Shamans, Mages, Warlocks and Non-Feral Druids.

    According to your warped logic, Priests until Burning Crusade would have been a "melee-caster hybrid" and "primarily a melee class" because they got +Attack Power from their selfbuff? GTFO.

    Then still it's only a conditional stun, certain circumstances are needed for it to work, and besides using frost nova they are RNG elements.
    Conditional, Conschmischional. It's a controlled stun, punctum. That has nothing to do with it being conditional. Every single ability in this game is conditional. Because every single ability has some condition tied to it to be useful / usable. I.E. being in range, being slowed, being frozen, being shielded, not being shielded, having hots, having dots, etc. PP.

    Then you are giving yourself very little credit, if you can honestly say that you can't survive for 30 seconds if trinket is used on fear then you need to get more hp or resi. Based on 1v1 ofc.
    Thank you very much for not knowing anything about my class/spec. I have close to 1000 resilience (968 IIRC) and a bit more than 21k hp. If that is not enough, what is?

    8 second channeling on 2 minute cooldown only healing 60% of max hp. If that was your only healing ability then yes you could have more CC i agree, oh and guess what mages do
    Play a shadowpriest. Try to heal. Die in 6 seconds. Get the fuck out of this thread you troll.
    I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite signature on the forum.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •