Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Shadow isn't a healing spec

Answer to thread subject:
    [blizzquote="Ghostcrawler;http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=14578688796&pageNo=2#33]Frostmourne is a hunter weapon. True story.[/blizzquote"]

Quote Originally Posted by Pineapple
    Shadowpriests are hybrids. They've been blessed with the ability to heal and to do damage. Now what kind of moron would not heal him/herself when low on HP in a PvP situation because he/she thinks she's "not a healing spec". Lord knows I'd be overjoyed to have the ability to heal on my rogue or hunter with the click off a button.
    The only non-shadow spells you can cast in shadowform are abolish poison(disease?) and whatever the magic cleansing one is IIRC. To heal they have to drop shadowform and then pop back in when theyre done which is a huge mana burden. I don't play a priest, but I fully understand why a spriest wouldnt bother healing in a BG. Get over yourselves and learn to bandage

Deleted

Good shadowpriests heal.

In conclusion, the rest of you suck.

EDIT:
    To elaborate.

Shadowpriests are hybrids. They've been blessed with the ability to heal and to do damage. Now what kind of moron would not heal him/herself when low on HP in a PvP situation because he/she thinks she's "not a healing spec". Lord knows I'd be overjoyed to have the ability to heal on my rogue or hunter with the click off a button.

And to all you scrubs who refuse to heal others in bgs in a pinch: You're slightly less of a burden for your team than keyturners and afkers are. Atleast they're good at what they're doing.
    Actually shadow priests sacrifice heals for damage. However, we do get some heals as shadow, vampiric embrace the friendly targets around can get use of as well. Priest also has dp for some heals. Heals from dots that is, the only heals a shadow priest actually can use. However, for more powerful instant heals drinks are better and more mana effective than jumping in and out of form. My tip is when you are in a battleground, don't expect to get heals from people who are not specced for it if you're not playing an important part (ex. flagcarrier) and try to work on your own survivability and get some drinks and first aid, no?

Epic thread i have to say.. i feel for you shadow priest's.. i tend to get the same whine frolm ppl when iam in bg (ret paladin) why would i waste a big portion of my mana pool helping a rogue?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Shamoke
    So wait. Your saying that is say for example you show up to Mine in AB and a DK and rogue are fighting(rogue on your side) You would rather try to kill the DK before he killed the rogue instead of healing the rogue then doting up the DK therefor insuring his survival?

Just a heads up 2v1 > 1v1. What if after you've killed the DK but the rogue died, a rogue of theirs jumps and owns you? Sure would be nice if you had help......

You ignorant Hybrids are the reason most DPS specs from these classes are frowned upon.

"I can has PEepZ!!" You make me sick. Flag carriers is a pretty crap excuse.
    ^ This

If you, as a Priest are so stubborn to not toss a heal here or there when needed you need to re-roll, you have abilities, use them, your not a fin mage or a lock, if you want to straight dps you should have rolled a dps class, you are the Priest that make us look bad!!

Quote Originally Posted by moremana
    if you want to straight dps you should have rolled a dps class, you are the Priest that make us look bad!!
    if you wanted to get healed you should have rolled a healer. it's not a hybrid's fault that you can't figure out how to bandage or use potions or eat

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by kmp1331
    if you wanted to get healed you should have rolled a healer. it's not a hybrid's fault that you can't figure out how to bandage or use potions or eat
    you apparently dont read, I am a healer! another terribad troll, l2p

i misread the last line of your post as 'that priest makes [your faction] look bad' not makes priest-kind look bad, but either way, spriest != your personal BG healer

Quote Originally Posted by Skollvaldr
    read the blues before posting crap.
    swapping specs will cost a reagent and requires people to help you, much like tables from mages or summonig stones from wls.
    noone will do that just to heal some random rogue in bg.
    I Read the blues, Did you? Perhaps you should get your head out of your ass and read them again.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubious
    conclusion: any class who can heal, but dosent spec for it, cant heal
    Don't think I even need to dignify this with an answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Tea
    Well, like I wrote in another post: To die in battlegrounds is not the end of the world, in arena it's a different thing. So you are saying you drop form for every single dude in battlegrounds who are in trouble to heal him?
    no I won't, unless I play with a friend or going with a FC

Deleted

Good thead!!!!
    YY as shadow has baseline heals he must use it.Not all the time....but always when becomes a handy.Try trigger the PoM button and u see the difference in your paty in pvp.Also toss some renew bubbles even a Flash heal in the FC or in a Healer under attack may be the turning tide in a conflict.You have many skills to throw up,offensive and DEFENSIVE(such as heals).Play with all you've got if you want to suceed.Also heals are usable in arena.Shadowpriest saying i can't/i mustn't heal is a bad Shadowpriest.
    I am shadowpriest.But there are times u can heal,times u must heal and times u must NOT heal.example:in bg someone gets zerged by 5 ppl.Even if you heal you can t change the fact.he'll die. so you don t heal.
    Don't think I even need to dignify this with an answer.
    About that... i can do 3600 heal with flash heal.You think is bad?

why would you enter a battleground as a healing class and expect not to ever heal? Horde win the majority of the time and when they have 5 healers and 1 ret pally vs alliance 2 shadow priests moonkin and feral druid and 3 ret paladins who do you think is going to win that match? HORDE because they understand bgs arent about topping dmg meters, which you dont do as shadow anyways, but is instead about cooperating to complete the objectives and win! If you are dps specced thats fine but healers win games not dps whores.

Top someone fighting off and then help them kill their target afterwards. Helping your teammates is how you play battlegrounds.

God I hate how it is all about arenas, if all rewards were only available through winning battlegrounds then premades would reform and guess what scrubs who dont help in a premade DONT GET TO PLAY. I miss the days of vanilla I swear to god.

It all depends on the hybrid. Priest should have it easier yes it cost mana to pop in and out of shadowform however as an spriest you have the sp to give decent heals so mine as well throw some heals out if needed your heals may be able to save that rogue.

As a pally i wont heal. I dont know how healing scales with ret but as a prot pally my heals are so laughable that trying to heal dmg is useless. unless that rogue is using their fist to attack, they would get better healing from a bandage than from my healing spells.

sucky heals > no heals

In combat yourself is one thing but standing there when a teammate is fighting or after they finish someone off and are low hp or with dots not healing them then is INEXCUSABLE

That is where a lot of the anger comes from when the hybrid healer in question isnt doing anything of their own and just watches you die.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampyrr
    sucky heals > no heals
    again it depends on class and situation, and if it is even worth it. In the case with the spriest even if it's 2 vs 1 may not even be worth it, cause twice the dps is sometimes better. Even in a 2 vs 1 lets say its rogue and spriest. If someone got one dpser down to lets say 50% health most wont say oh look spriest let me attack him instead of the rogue, they would try hard to finish the rogue off than hope to get the spriest. Spriest decided he gonna turn into a healing priest now chances are they are the target. If your a good healer you may be able to outheal yourself while rogue kills him, if your not so good you will probably die still leaving the rogue to defend himself in hopes he get that crit at the right time to avoid dying himself. It really depends on the situation.

Wizzleteats

This reminds me of something that happened in AV right before the release of BC. I had respecced my Paladin to Ret for leveling purposes (in anticipation of the expansion) and I happened to come across a Night Elf Warrior trying to fight off three Horde players near IBT. Against my better judgment, I decided to start healing this guy, as opposed to charging in and fighting. One of the Horde was an Arms Warrior who judiciously applied Mortal Strike to the Night Elf Warrior.

Long story short, I ran OOM and the Night Elf Warrior died because my already shitty heals were being reduced by half. Naturally, I got 'roflstomped' by the horde players. I didn't think much of it until a few seconds later when the same Night Elf Warrior started cussing me out for being useless as a "healer". I learned a valuable lesson that day, a few lessons in fact. First, never try to perform a role you aren't specced and geared for. Second, turn off all chat functions when in Battlegrounds and instantly ignore any player who whines about a lack of healing. If I wanted to heal, I'd respec and gear for it. If you want heals, you need to level up a class that can heal then spec and gear for it. Boom, all the heals you could ever want.

Hey, I pay 15 bucks a month for this game, I should play the game as I see fit, even if that means I suck and can only use half of my spells

^_^
    WoTLK made it so every idiot in the world can get raid gear and prove to the world that gear isn't everything.

Quote Originally Posted by mennoknight
    Shadow is VERY weak in arena. in BG's and WG it's not all that bad.

My favorite thing is WG because we have the Multiboxer Prepared on my server. This is the guy who has 41 accounts. he has 13 that he's run almost to 80 now and decided he wanted to do WG. I just wait in a tower and mindsear and bam... 13 kills.
    The instant I saw "prepared" i looked up to see who it was :P Hai menno!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Bad players will always be bad players, good players will always rise. If your a shadow priest and by all means refuse to heal in any circumstance, please, reroll another class as hybrid spec isn't for you. Go watch videos of 2300+ Shadowpriest in Arena you will see they heal more often than you think.
    I participated in the legendary BACON thread.