Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...

Re: Shadow isn't a healing spec

When I am shadow spec and theres no enemies about and a rogue asks for a heal, I always give a heal. I'm not a tight arse like some of you, I play in an MMO so I expect to play together as a team. If I didn't want friends I'd go and play a 1 player game somewhere. I think you need to get over yourselves a bit.
    As for people yelling for heals when under attack, they can easily be thrown a shield or their enemy feared for them by you. But I guess you selfish people don't do that either right? Cause it might hurt your score on the damage chart. But yet I bet when a Rogue starts bashing you from behind and your friend Rogue that you were rude to earlier doesn't bother stunning the enemy Rogue to keep you alive.. no he just goes full blown damage and let's little shadow priesty die am I right?
    The kiss of the sun for pardon
    The song of the birds for mirth
    You are nearer gods heart in a garden
    Than anywhere else on earth

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Vampyrr
    why would you enter a battleground as a healing class and expect not to ever heal? Horde win the majority of the time and when they have 5 healers and 1 ret pally vs alliance 2 shadow priests moonkin and feral druid and 3 ret paladins who do you think is going to win that match? HORDE because they understand bgs arent about topping dmg meters, which you dont do as shadow anyways, but is instead about cooperating to complete the objectives and win! If you are dps specced thats fine but healers win games not dps whores.

Top someone fighting off and then help them kill their target afterwards. Helping your teammates is how you play battlegrounds.

God I hate how it is all about arenas, if all rewards were only available through winning battlegrounds then premades would reform and guess what scrubs who dont help in a premade DONT GET TO PLAY. I miss the days of vanilla I swear to god.
    Well, horde is the best =) I like to team up with a healer as well. Having a disc priest around throwing heals helps a lot or when I teamed up with a holy pally was lots of fun. But I don't expect heals, usually they team up with me without saying anything and I get nice heals. But is there no healer around and Im hanging about flag carrier and similar things that are important ofcourse I heal. A random rogue having a quite pointless fight against a dk I can help through dps.

I wouldn't worry about not being able to take part in premades, so why not. I'm sure it would be fun.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Wizzleteats
    This reminds me of something that happened in AV right before the release of BC. I had respecced my Paladin to Ret for leveling purposes (in anticipation of the expansion) and I happened to come across a Night Elf Warrior trying to fight off three Horde players near IBT. Against my better judgment, I decided to start healing this guy, as opposed to charging in and fighting. One of the Horde was an Arms Warrior who judiciously applied Mortal Strike to the Night Elf Warrior.

Long story short, I ran OOM and the Night Elf Warrior died because my already shitty heals were being reduced by half. Naturally, I got 'roflstomped' by the horde players. I didn't think much of it until a few seconds later when the same Night Elf Warrior started cussing me out for being useless as a "healer". I learned a valuable lesson that day, a few lessons in fact. First, never try to perform a role you aren't specced and geared for. Second, turn off all chat functions when in Battlegrounds and instantly ignore any player who whines about a lack of healing. If I wanted to heal, I'd respec and gear for it. If you want heals, you need to level up a class that can heal then spec and gear for it. Boom, all the heals you could ever want.
    Thank you for your tips! =)

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by PewZ007
    Bad players will always be bad players, good players will always rise. If your a shadow priest and by all means refuse to heal in any circumstance, please, reroll another class as hybrid spec isn't for you. Go watch videos of 2300+ Shadowpriest in Arena you will see they heal more often than you think.
    Arena and battlegrounds are different things, as said earlier.

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Btw alot of healers would appreciate this:

Me: Could you heal me please? I'll watch ur back while you drink back up.

instead of this:

Me: HEAL

Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Darshana
    When I am shadow spec and theres no enemies about and a rogue asks for a heal, I always give a heal. I'm not a tight arse like some of you, I play in an MMO so I expect to play together as a team. If I didn't want friends I'd go and play a 1 player game somewhere. I think you need to get over yourselves a bit.
    As for people yelling for heals when under attack, they can easily be thrown a shield or their enemy feared for them by you. But I guess you selfish people don't do that either right? Cause it might hurt your score on the damage chart. But yet I bet when a Rogue starts bashing you from behind and your friend Rogue that you were rude to earlier doesn't bother stunning the enemy Rogue to keep you alive.. no he just goes full blown damage and let's little shadow priesty die am I right?
    Well, you can get friends anyway. Most people thing the dps done is fine and some healers throw you heals. However, sometimes people just run by when they see you losing against a pally or rogue... I don't remember their nicks or make a note on them as "will not ever be my friends, no they won't get anything but pure hate" =)

if you ask me, priest are retards if they to lazy trow a healer to make battle go on faster, any shadow priest are retards anyway, want dps, roll a real dps class, priest is mend to heal, if you to lazy to heal someone needed in a battle then reply with that serious you got mental disorientation, serious healing is nessery in battles, if you dont like to heal then dont make a class that is able to heal.

healing some times can make you win that flag, or hold that base to capture it, if you allie near you die becous you to lazy to heal him you lose damage and gimping your ability to win the battle, not like if he dies they gonna kill you, instead he could kill them if you trowed a heal or 2.

Get a brain, even if shadow, healing your party when needed is the way to win a battle, not you doing stupid damage and let other die because you sux.

adapt to the situation.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Baabinator
    Btw alot of healers would appreciate this:

Me: Could you heal me please? I'll watch ur back while you drink back up.

instead of this:

Me: HEAL

Yes, that surely would make me drop shadow form an extra time.

uhu and we tanks gonna wait every time in pve to let raid ask.

Can you tank this boss please?, uhu that not gonna happen.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Runè
    healing some times can make you win that flag, or hold that base to capture it, if you allie near you die becous you to lazy to heal him you lose damage and gimping your ability to win the battle, not like if he dies they gonna kill you, instead he could kill them if you trowed a heal or 2.

Get a brain, even if shadow, healing your party when needed is the way to win a battle, not you doing stupid damage and let other die because you sux.

adapt to the situation.
    That's what I've been writing all along, ofcourse one drop shadow form if it's important: for example flag carrier, hold a base, and so one. That has never been the question really, but the question is why they expect shadow to pop out of shadow form just for random heals that are quite pointless, when they are meant to dps and that's what they specced and geared for.

Deleted

well, if you are specced tank I'm sure that's what you want to do? If you are specced dps and don't tank and people get upset about that, it's probably a different thing. I'm also quite sure most people wouldn't bring shadow priests as healers in heroics, and another thing I don't understand is why you compare battlegrounds to raids. Explain what you were thinking?=)

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Aren't we talking about PVP...

Get a grip or buzz off....seriously
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

15+ Year Old Account

any shadow priest are retards anyway, want dps, roll a real dps class, priest is mend to heal
    Wow you're a blackbelted idiot, really.

if you ask me, priest are retards if they to lazy trow a healer to make battle go on faster, any shadow priest are retards anyway, want dps, roll a real dps class, priest is mend to heal, if you to lazy to heal someone needed in a battle then reply with that serious you got mental disorientation, serious healing is nessery in battles, if you dont like to heal then dont make a class that is able to heal.

adapt to the situation.
    Get out of my Class.

As an EX shadow priest, i speced shadow, i want to play as shadow, you want heals?
    Hope im either in a good mood, or think that healing you increases the chances of me completing whatever goal im trying to do in the BG in question, otherwise im DPSing, as im speced to do.
    And a small tip, yelling HEAL, HEALZ and those damn low health macros, are guarenteed to put me in a mood where im more than likely going to prefer to see your corpse on the floor.

just use my favourite....
    (I was a shadow priest through all of vanilla and tbc, now a ret pally - so i still get HEAL yelled at me)

random BG noob : HEAL FFS
    /oldmanriver casts heavy frostweave bandage
    me : there you go, have fun

I'm a Shadow Priest and I always heal in BG's unless we have 4-5 healers in the group which never happens. Wrath has way to much burst damage. Even with stacking Resilience it helps some but your in a BG which means your only doing 1 thing FARMING HONOR. I can clearly state I get more honor by healing then I do as statying in shadow the whole time and DPSing. Its all about staying alive and making sure you get bonus honor.

Also play smart hangout with other healers. Helping a healer stay up on an FF while keeping DOT's up on targets makes a difference. Right now I'm sitting at 800 resilience and in Shadowform is still weak w/o an healer in BGs. I do play shadow in arena though (Spriest, UA Warlock, Resto Sham) and thats the only real time i stay in shadow and still up healing towards the end of the fight.

Go heal a little and stop the QQ.