15+ Year Old Account

Ret specc in 3.1

i was thinking about ret speccs in 3.1 and what woud bring the best damage + mana regen.

i was thinking about something like this.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...0&version=9614

it got all the dps increase talents + 15% int.
    it doesnt got vindiaction but it's not required for progressing.
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Ret specc in 3.1

it has been suggested many times and no. 5points for +15% intellect aint worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by iktankniet
    it has been suggested many times and no. 5points for +15% intellect aint worth it.
    If you were holy, maybe, but not ret
    Kiyoshi - 80 Death Knight on Anvilmar
    Azas - 80 Hunter on Anvilmar
    Sagess - 46 Druid on Anvilmar

15+ Year Old Account

to give you a better answer to 11 holy points. your practically wasting 10points to get aura mastery in the holy tree. it is kinda hard because the prot tree has not much to offer.

Seals of the pure..you will never use it as retribution.
    +15% int will increase raid buffed you mana by maybe 1k. 1k mana for 5 talentpoints is way to expensive.

i would rather go for something like this

divine purpose to give some1 or yourself a anti stun. you dont know what to expect in ulduar. might be nice
    same for stoicism. shortens duration of slows and stuns.

but then again. blizzard will make more changes to the retribution tree. so wait before you make any final decisions.

Im just going to keep those 11 points in spite til blizz gives me something worth while to put those points into (for pve that is).

I would just like to clarify for those people who believe +15% intellect will boost dps duration.

First of all, It's a percentage of your current intellect. As retribution, obviously you get no +intellect from items, and if you do, you're badly geared with mail items.

I tried it on the PTR and Divine Intellect granted me a total of: 225 mana. Seal of the Martyr \ Blood costs me 553 Mana.

Since Judgement of the Wise grants you 15% of your base mana, it's not going to be a noticeable difference.

Obviously this is WITHOUT kings or any other buff. (+10 to all stats on chest, and I honestly don't know where that +1 stat came from while using divine intellect)

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Guys tell me..

Skills
    Exorcism can now be used on all targets, but is now a guaranteed critical strike vs Undead and Demon type mobs.

Talents
    Purifying Power (Tier 6) now reduces the cooldown of your Exorcism and Holy Wrath spells by 17/33%. (Previously increased the critical strike chance of those spells by 10/20%)

Why is that talent on holy tree? i mean, they are joking right?

Unless Blizzard is unbelievably stupid and incompetent (a possibility), there will be new and/or revised Talents in the Ret Tree before 3.1 launches.

If any spec was left with 11 Talent points to allocate that didn't substantially boost their assigned Role (DPS/Tanking/Healing), that would simply show poor class design.

Wait for it...there will be new Talents to get, or they will increase the ranks of existing talents.

I got one point left over.

This isn't the final build, as it's not updated with new talents.

The change in this build is in the Prot tree, remove 5/5 Anticipation and place
    5/5 Divinity:Tier 1 protection talent, increases healing done by and to you by 1/2/3/4/5%.

This'll save healers abit of mana by throwing lesser heals to top us up, and to continue our cycle of mana regen.
    I'm not to sure how well this'll work, but without anything else being that tastey to take, it'll be alright in pvp, also self healing pve, or for alowing Hots to work better for our regen.

I only put the points in Anticipation so you could see where else i used my last remaining points, as for righteous fury it's down to using it solo, off tanking or pvp wise.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Kosic

I got one point left over.

This isn't the final build, as it's not updated with new talents.

The change in this build is in the Prot tree, remove 5/5 Anticipation and place
    5/5 Divinity:Tier 1 protection talent, increases healing done by and to you by 1/2/3/4/5%.

This'll save healers abit of mana by throwing lesser heals to top us up, and to continue our cycle of mana regen.
    I'm not to sure how well this'll work, but without anything else being that tastey to take, it'll be alright in pvp, also self healing pve, or for alowing Hots to work better for our regen.

I only put the points in Anticipation so you could see where else i used my last remaining points, as for righteous fury it's down to using it solo, off tanking or pvp wise.
    This is shit tbh.

Please stop making posts about possible 3.1 specs when it is completely obvious that talents are missing from both the Prot and Ret trees.

Blizzard will not let the current talent trees go to live with 1/7 of a ret paladins talent points being wasted.

just go holy or prot, no one wants to see retlol in pve anymore.
    Stormreaver.EU

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Alensia
    just go holy or prot, no one wants to see retlol in pve anymore.
    With this words, noone wants to see you in pve anymore...