Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: PTR: New shadowfiend skill?

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud

Creeping Shadows (?)
    30 yards/meters range
    Instant 6 Seconds Cooldown
    Crawl through the shadows to target enemy and increases the damage done to THEM target by 30% for 5 seconds.
    That is the exact wording from the US ptr. The shadowfiend does "blink" over to the target but receives no buff & the target receives no debuff. Not sure if its actually working atm cause there's A LOT of shit that isn't. Devouring Plagues does 0 instant dmg. DP & VT does not ever crit (stood there & watched my combat log for 35 minutes on 2 target dummies that had VT on it with one having DP on it and not 1 crit even when I had an ele shaman in group with me) but SW:P does now.

its either dodgy tool tip or read it like this:

when using the ability he blinks to the target, and the dmg done to the fiend is increased with 30% (altho then him is more in place)

From the exact wording on the tooltip, it would appear to be a damage buff that they have not yet gotten working on the PTR.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

So it's a self-buff to the fiend. Perfect

rly stupid change... they could just increased the dmg overall and leave the "shadowstep" on this spell :<

anyway it does not matter

WE JUST GOT PVP BURST YAY !

:X

Deleted

I'm not complaining, the new shadow fiend seems to be on steroids compaired to live, mine hits 1300-1800 per swing with the buff. 10x that is very nice damage in both pve and pvp. It's a nice buff.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Berner
    I'm not complaining, the new shadow fiend seems to be on steroids compaired to live, mine hits 1300-1800 per swing with the buff. 10x that is very nice damage in both pve and pvp. It's a nice buff.
    humm after last nigths raid i had a 1k crit from it.. and if your damage is ten times as big im gona be killing rogues whit my fiend...

looking forword to testing this on the Ptr tomorow.. if my trasfer is finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulley
    humm after last nigths raid i had a 1k crit from it.. and if your damage is ten times as big im gona be killing rogues whit my fiend...

Think its refering to 10x as in 10 hits, not 10x as 13000-18000 dmg hits...

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Skulley

I said it hits 1300-1800 damage with the buff, and those are normal hits, 10 hits is 13-18k damage total. That's about 3-4 times more then on live. And you get 5% mana back per hit ofc, so it's not bad, imo.

Yeah was testing mine, it was hitting for around 1k normally, then with the skill hit 1400+ and crit for 3k. He's quite deadly.

homogenization isn't something i agree with, but being a priest, i like the fact that my little guy does actual damage instead of tickling its target and dying to an AoE sneeze.

nice that they finally realized our bastard of a pet needs tuning. IDK how much mana I lost cuz the stupid fucker runs around aimlessly

15+ Year Old Account

Yeah if you ever look at a tooltip for a pet bar it seems confusing. I recall when the hunter pets abilities seemed like they would say "growl" pull aggro causing more threat...lol. Now you basically have to think of the pets abilities as their own and anything they say reflect the pet only.

This really helps in PVP from a mana regeneration standpoint. As it is, when I am fighting a priest in PVP or when I am fighting a smart player on my own priest, if I use Shadowfiend they will throw up a shield, resulting in no damage and no mana returned. If I am using the shadowfiend then I am already low on mana, and can't usually afford to spam Dispel until I get rid of the shield, so I end up getting almost no mana back from the pet. Since it is now based on the attacks that land, and not the attacks damage, this should make the shadowfiend restore mana even with absorbed damage.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

My Shadowfiend hits for 950ish, I can't see what he crits normally for because he's gone about 4 Cooldowns now without one.

He hits 10 times for a return of 5% mana each hit.

Shadowcrawl only seemed to work when I clicked it and told it to jump to another target far away from itself... it would not seem to use it (even manually click or with autocast) on a target it was already on.

With Shadowcrawl up, he hit for 1250, and crit for 1892

Self stats = 2262 SP, 21.5% crit (26.5 holy crit), 19168 mana

Nice changes overall to the fiend. Very useful in PvP as this is a nice amount of burst.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by oraculum
    My Shadowfiend hits for 950ish, I can't see what he crits normally for because he's gone about 4 Cooldowns now without one.
    I believe it crits for 2x damage, i've seen over 3200 crits on the dummy, he is melee after all.

Shadowcrawl only seemed to work when I clicked it and told it to jump to another target far away from itself... it would not seem to use it (even manually click or with autocast) on a target it was already on.
    I think this "shadow step" is meant to help it stay on a moving target (like in pvp). I haven't seen it autocast either, but manually it works fine, even if it's already on target.

Quote Originally Posted by oraculum

Nice changes overall to the fiend. Very useful in PvP as this is a nice amount of burst.
    this

and any attempt to make the mana returned from shadowfiend as high as possible is something i can only cheer upon.