Lack of PvE Shadow Glyph Changes

With all of the new glyphs/glyph changes, anyone else notice none of they are directed at PvE Shadow? (I highly doubt anyone will use glyph of mind sear)

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Lack of PvE Shadow Glyph Changes

The PTR has just started, there are time for them to show up yet.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

there's already 3 absolutely SOLID glyphs for pve shadow, i doubt they saw reason to make any changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Raige
    there's already 3 absolutely SOLID glyphs for pve shadow, i doubt they saw reason to make any changes.
    Most classes are getting additions so people will actually have a choice between which glyphs they choose. Currently Shadow seems sooooo cookie cutter. You will use these 3 major glyphs, these 3 minor glyphs, and this 13/0/58 build. I'd like the option of a little bit of variety.

The variety in glyphs and play-style is for the healing part of the priest class. I wouldn't expect them for shadow anytime soon.

I think some of the new glyphs are to open up specs that could not really work well before, like the addition of the Icelance glyph to help frost mages in PVE. As a raiding frost mage you are pretty stuck in terms of what glyphs you have to take, Frostbolt, Icelance and Water Elemental.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    The variety in glyphs and play-style is for the healing part of the priest class. I wouldn't expect them for shadow anytime soon.
    I think that playstyle with a DPS class is not really viable. In the end unless both styles are identically effective, the best will be taken up - and to give 2 radically different choices for 1 tree with just glyphs seems impossible. So yeah, not much new for shadow - becuase it would have to be better than the current ones - a mere boost.

Indeed. And actually we got a choice as shadow.

SW and Mind Flay glyphs. Each to their own about preferences, I'll say I'm old and grumpy and always hated having to stand closer to the boss than everybody else, so I obviously pick Mind Flay.

Some people like to keep spamming SW, and hope their healers got time to heal them up.

I usually go with the playstyle of "each player to their own", and keeping myself alive is my own job, and highest priority (yes, not dying is more important than dps'ing).

Sometimes no news is good news.

Complaining about a lack of changes can be a bad idea, you could get the fury warrior treatment instead.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

For PvP you have no really good damage-increasing glyphs no, but Inner Fire and Fade should be good for survivablity, and then either Shield or Dispel for more of that, or SW:P for damage.

Too bad they nerfed the Fade glyph a bit. 10 seconds duration and 9 seconds cooldown could have been nice in instance runs with crappy tanks.